Coolest Movie Quotes of all time

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by BenTheMan, Apr 15, 2007.

1. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

by far the best line in the movie!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Damn you that's a great one. God that flick is loaded with gems...

"One toke? You poor fool! Wait till you see those goddamn bats. " (in response to the song "One Toke Over the Line")

Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow. "

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Another one from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas...

Strange memories on this nervous night in Las Vegas.
    Has it been five years? Six?

It seems like a lifetime -- the kind of peak that never comes again.
    San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of. But no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant.

THERE WAS MADNESS IN ANY DIRECTION, AT ANY HOUR... YOU COULD STRIKE SPARKS ANYWHERE. THERE WAS A FANTASTIC UNIVERSAL SENSE THAT WHATEVER WE WERE DOING WAS RIGHT, THAT WE WERE WINNING. AND THAT, I THINK, WAS THE HANDLE -- THAT SENSE OF INEVITABLE VICTORY OVER THE FORCES OF OLD AND EVIL. NOT IN ANY MEAN OR MILITARY SENSE; WE DIDN'T NEED THAT. OUR ENERGY WOULD SIMPLY prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave...

So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high water mark -- that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

a classic, my friend says the book is based in the like 40s-50's i told him it is fr. late sixties\ early 70's...anyonre know?

8. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

9. John99 Banned Banned

yeah, thats what i thought.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. John99 Banned Banned

Does anyone know the line from Witches of Eastwick:

Women....or did he do it to us on purpose?

The delivery was astonishing, and the line itself was qiote good.

11. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

It is funny that whenever Hunter Thompson just gets absolutely fucked up on some drug, he gets some deep insight into the plight of humanity.

Great film.

12. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Ahhhh more Lear and Loathing:

"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon."

13. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

"Today, we are going to teach poodles how to fly!" Raul's Wild Kingdom. UHF

14. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Yeah this was a good one.

I also like

"Bazooko's Circus is what the world would be doing every Saturday night if the Nazis had won the war. This was the Sixth Reich."

15. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

"You Samoans are all the same. You have no faith in the essential decency of the white man's culture. "

16. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

man there's so many...

17. iceaura Valued Senior Member

"Teach the bomb phenomenology" the captain.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And me." the bomb

Two from Dark Star

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Yippie Kai Yai Mutha Fucka!
    -Bruce Willis, Die Hard

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

We can't stop here! *looks around* It's bat country!

Fear and Loathing in Las vegas

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

SHUT UP WEASLY!
    -Picard from Star Trek (about fuckin time he said it!)

21. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Fear and Loathing takes place in the seventies. When Hunter has his flashback it's to the late sixties during a GD concert at an Acid Test, around '68. In the movie you'll recognize this as the scene when Johnny Depp sees the real Hunter Thompson and says "There I was...Mother of God; there I am!"

22. fadeaway humper that way lies madness Registered Senior Member

Alien Resurrection:

- Drink?

- Constantly.

23. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn:

Quick-cut montage as Ash modifies a chainsaw, plugs it onto the severed stump of his wrist, starts the thing with a shoulder-mounted clasp and slices the barrels of his shotgun, which he twirls in old-time Western fashion and then places in a holster on his back.

ASH: Groovy.