Conversation. The new way of knowledge?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by IncogNegro, May 28, 2013.

1. IncogNegro Banned Banned

It has come to my attention that learning is a process, but after any person learns one broad specification they have the ability to apply their knowledge to another area of knowledge.

Take for example science. The root means knowledge, but we specify this area to objective theory and thought as opposed to application where chemistry and general science are not specific to. So science stands somewhere between philosophy and common usage. Science could therefore be thought of the interpretations between philosophy and common knowledge. So to further develop philosophy and common knowledge it is pertinent to make "science" easy for a layman to understand.

Yet it is a difficult challenge for many people in philosophy and science of a higher instinct to promote the correct analogies that transfer into someone of a different specification to transfer into knowledge. Does this make the layman less intelligent? No. In fact it makes him more wise to try another area than to be happy with his knowledge. Still in communication and analogies it is often easier to learn to teach by teaching... This means understanding the mindset and specification of the target audience in order to connect your ideas with the base of talent a person possesses inherently. Too often everywhere I see misrepresentations of understanding just for the fact of analogies.

Which brings us to the question of analogies. It is not as though an analogy is the exact representation when two specifics converge, nor is the analogy supposed to govern likeness. Nor is it the main tool for teaching. An analogy is just the tool most use to communicate ones knowledge to another. It is the process that enlightens memories to stand in both individuals minds in order to understand each individuals specific talents and traits.

Conversation is the greatest unseen analogy, to be honest I think it is amazing most humans can tangentially ballpark most of what the most intelligent minds have together conceived... To be faulted for thinking like... absurd. Why is it the intention of the intelligent mind to purposefully degrade the thoughts of another? Either to stop them for trying or to encourage their minds to think harder! But what is the way to reach a true understanding?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Username Registered Senior Member

I believe understanding comes from a reiterative process. Meaning someone can gain knowledge, but that knowledge remains incomplete until it is further studied or investigated or applied (but application implies understanding), same with science or any other subject for that matter. Science in general is what we know. When people speak about things that are known, it gets applied with common usage or talked about in general terms. Such as gravity. There is no need for a layman to know about the principles or behavior of gravity, but they may find it appalling when it gets into topics regarding physics, etc.

When someone is knowledgeable in a certain field of study or expertise they tend to use words or terms that the average person may not be aware of. Which gets into the technicality of words, a hypothesis, what a theory is, means or explains. Some people may be intimidated to learn something new they are not familiar with and reject it. Which imo is good because it sparks interest and encourages people to think critically about a subject or topic of discussion without being spoon fed information unless there is a well established basis for that information. Which is what makes the scientific method and science so great. People don't need to make guesses or assumptions about different things. They can apply what they know and expand on it.

Knowledge is natural (or comes naturally) and doesn’t need to be studied. Unless it involves a discipline that requires a thorough explanation of words, terms, hypotheses or theories. Although, just like with anyone else, you can tell a young child a word and they will get a general idea of what it’s about or relates to: same with teaching.

I bet a good experiment would be to ask a group of people about a word or theory they are not familiar with and find out what they think it means without them knowing, then give an explanation and compare their responses to the word or theory. Then find out why or how they came to that conclusion.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. IncogNegro Banned Banned

You speak pretty... I'm enjoying the reflection learned or self realized. I just kinda did an experiment like that in the religion thread.. single blind I guess...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.