"Contrails" and a brighter sun

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by matthew809, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matthew809 Registered Senior Member

I've been looking up at the sky a lot lately. This morning I watched the parallel "contrails" of 2 planes forming across the sky. At first they looked relatively normal. But unlike the contrails of yesteryear, these trails did not fade away in the normal fashion(normally the contrail should stay pretty stable, expand or twist only very slightly, and disappear at a constant distance from the back of the plane at a rate roughly as fast as the plane is moving). These "contrails" continued to expand and grow, and eventually they blurred together. I watched these contrails turn into what would be unmistakably identified as cloud cover by any common observer. Eventually these clouds expanded further and turned that section of formally blue sky into a very hazy mess. Has anyone else noticed these newfangled contrail effects?

Days before, I noticed that the sun is so much brighter than it used to be, even through all the cloudy haze. I distinctly remember as a younger man being able to look directly at the sun without much of a problem, and wondering why people always made such a big deal about it. But now it's literally impossible to look at it directly.

And no, it's not that my eyes have changed with age. Kids can not look at the sun directly either. Test it out for yourself.

And no, it's not due to the higher angle of the sun during summer because it's impossible to look at the sun when it's low in the sky as well. In fact the only time I can look at the sun anymore is during sunrise and sunset, and even then it's quite uncomfortable, and very noticeably brighter than normal.

And no, I haven't changed location since I was a kid.

And no, it's not due to any weird atmospheric effects that your clever mind can come up with. The sun is truly brighter. Does anyone else remember being able to easily look at the sun, on a clear day, as a kid ?

Could it be that the government is enforcing global dimming to keep us in the dark about our brightening sun? Even if the "haze" only shields us from maybe 10% of the sun's rays, that may still be a practical short-term solution to keep the earth cooler, and keep the population unconcerned.

I would truly appreciate any feedback and relevant sky observations of your own. Please do not dismiss this thread as a crackpot conspiracy. I am mostly only citing my own observations of the sky. My "conspiracy" conclusion is no more of a reach than those of you here who might cleverly create generalized scientific-sounding answers in order to explain away my observations, and reaffirm your contradictory preconceptions.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Some advice: if you want to be taken seriously, try not to make such statements as "The sun is truly brighter" when you actually provide only your own eyesight as evidence but dismiss every other possible explanation merely (it seems) because you don't agree with them... without actually providing evidence to support them.

It seems that NASA think the sun is getting dimmer, not brighter...
    http://science.nasa.gov/science-new...our opinion, but you will have to support it.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

There is also the presence of varying degrees in 'color temperature'. In this case 5-10K.

In this instance we can refer to this Wikipedia excerpt:

The Sun
    As the sun crosses the sky, it may appear to be red, orange, yellow or white depending on its position. The changing color of the sun over the course of the day is mainly a result of scattering of light, and is unrelated to black body radiation. The blue color of the sky is caused by Rayleigh scattering of the sunlight from the atmosphere, which tends to scatter blue light more than red.
    Daylight has a spectrum similar to that of a black body, with a correlated color temperature of 6500K.

Hues of the Planckian locus, in the mired scale.
    For colors based on the black body, blue occurs at higher temperatures, while red occurs at lower, cooler, temperatures. This is the opposite of the cultural associations that colors have taken on, with "red" as "hot", and "blue" as "cold". The traditional associations come from a variety of sources, such as water and ice appearing blue, while heated metal and fire are of a reddish hue. However, the redness of these heat sources comes precisely from the fact that red is the coolest of the visible colors, the first color emitted as heat increases.

8. soullust Registered Senior Member

9. soullust Registered Senior Member

Brighter sun adds to fears of climate change

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article696586.ece

Physicist says sun is getting brighter

"PHILADELPHIA _ The sun is apparently getting brighter, according to satellite measurements taken over the last 20 years. It is a trend that could have gloomy consequences for Earth, adding significantly to the global warming already expected for the next century, said Richard Willson, a Columbia University solar physicist who analyzed the data. "

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-5559719_ITM

10. matthew809 Registered Senior Member

Well that is a loaded statement, because obviously I would have to respond by saying that if this conspiracy does exist, NASA would definitely be the main outlet for the distribution of any misinformation regarding the sun's status. But I would rather not even go there.

So have you looked at the sun lately in response to my postings? What are your observations?

11. Gustav Banned Banned

umm
    i am having a panic attack about contrails and am in need of reassurance
    is there any to be had?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.