"Conformity, Brutality, and the Elite. All of which are American dreams"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Anarcho Union, Mar 29, 2010.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Not racism.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Anarcho Union No Gods No Masters Registered Senior Member

How not? A typical white person?
    What if I saw a black guy selling crack and just said oh hes just a typical black guy? Id be hung!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Most black people do not sell crack. There was no attempt to portray a white person negatively. He's just saying it's common to have such fears, the origins of which lie in the racist stereotypes of the past.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Anarcho Union No Gods No Masters Registered Senior Member

I have no fears of black people. Nor do any other of my white friends.
    And to me, that is very racist. But because its towrd a white person coming from a black person its okay

8. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

Dude, are you aware of how damaging stereotypes of black people as criminals or drug-abusers really are? Behaving distrustfully around black people can actually have a dramatic impact on their health. Even black people who have reached the upper-class can suffer from foreshortened life expectancies because of the stress that this adds to their daily lives.

It's one thing to bait people who are PC to the point of being stuck-up. They really deserve it because they really are assholes toward anyone who doesn't think and talk the same way they do, and most of the time they use it just as a premise to insult and demean you. However, bringing up stereotypes of black people that are only going to contribute to the mood of paranoia and distrust that many of them have to deal with every day...dude, that's not cool. If a black person attends college and gets certified in elementary education, for example, you might have just then dicked over that person's prospects of getting a job working in some of the more up-scale districts.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Good for you, but it's not racist to suggest that fear of a black man is typical for white people. Racism is when you suggest that your race is superior or another race is inferior. The word fear does not suggest any kind of superiority or inferiority.