Concept of AMBIPHRENIA

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Asexperia, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

CONCEPT OF AMBIPHRENIA

The ambiphrenia (from Latin ambi = mixed, both and Greek phrenia = intelligence) is the ability of a person to think with both hemispheres of the brain. In right-handed skilfull people the dominant hemisphere is the left, in which are located the logic, the language and the calculation. In the right hemisphere (non-dominant) are located the imagination, the creativity and the spatial understanding.

In fact, the ambiphrenia is also the ability to relate ideas or knowledge (conscious and subconscious) while awake or asleep. In the intuition (subconscious) we discover spontaneously the relationship between things. In dreams we have experiences that are not subject to space or time. In dreams: we can fly, going from one place to another instantly or change the moment or the date. In dreams we are not completely unconscious, reason I can remember some scenes.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

“After many years of fascinating research on the split brain, it appears that the inventive and interpreting left hemisphere has a conscious experience very different from that of the truthful, literal right brain.”

http://courses.dce.harvard.edu/~phils4/splitbrain.pdf

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

Among the exercises that we can implement to encourage and develop the non-dominant hemisphere are: learning to write with your left hand (if you're right), draw often and write your inner experiences (psychoanalysis).

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lakon Valued Senior Member

Interesting. One small point; I don't think 'phrenia' has to do with intelligence, per se.

It is more toward 'mind', as in schizoprenia, ie, split mind.

8. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

Thanks for your accurate observation. But our mind is fundamentally rational, intellectual.

9. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

Left Brain vs Right Brain: Understanding the Myth and Reality of Left Brain and Right Brain Dominance

http://psychology.about.com/od/cognitivepsychology/a/left-brain-right-brain.htm

10. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

Good contribution Trooper.

11. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

MY OWN EXPERIENCE

When I played baseball in the adolescent between 13 and 16 years old I hit both sides of the pentagon. Early I noticed that my left hand and my left foot were stronger than right ones, but I'm right. Upon reaching 20 years old I felt compelled to write with my left hand; I did some drawings with this hand too. This situation led to me to develop the right side of my brain. I had many ideas intuitively.
    I have also had several lucid dreams and I have dreamt flying.

12. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

SPLIT-BRAIN

Split-brain is a lay term to describe the result when the corpus callosum connecting the two hemispheres of the brain is severed to some degree. It is an association of symptoms produced by disruption of or interference with the connection between the hemispheres of the brain. The surgical operation to produce this condition is called corpus callosotomy (not to be confused with colostomy) and is usually used as a last resort to treat otherwise intractable epilepsy. Initially, partial callosotomies are performed; if this operation does not succeed, a complete callosotomy is performed to mitigate the risk of accidental physical injury by reducing the severity and violence of epileptic seizures. Prior to callosotomies, epilepsy is treated through pharmaceutical means.

A patient with a split brain, when shown an image in his or her left visual field (the left half of what both eyes take in, see optic tract), will be unable to vocally name what he or she has seen. This is because the speech-control center is in the left side of the brain in most people, and the image from the left visual field is sent only to the right side of the brain (those with the speech control center in the right side will experience similar symptoms when an image is presented in the right visual field). Since communication between the two sides of the brain is inhibited, the patient cannot name what the right side of the brain is seeing. The person can, however, pick up and show recognition of an object (one within the left overall visual field) with their left hand, since that hand is controlled by the right side of the brain.

The same effect occurs for visual pairs and reasoning. For example, a patient with split brain is shown a picture of a chicken and a snowy field in separate visual fields and asked to choose from a list of words the best association with the pictures. The patient would choose a chicken foot to associate with the chicken and a shovel to associate with the snow; however, when asked to reason why the patient chose the shovel, the response would relate to the chicken (e.g. "the shovel is for cleaning out the chicken coop").

Source: www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split-brain

13. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

FAMOUS LEFT-HANDERS

Professions - Scientists

Name................................ Nationality ............. Description
    Curie, Marie ......................... Polish ....................Scientist
    d'Oresme, Nicole ................................................ Mathematician
    Einstein, Albert ................... German ................. Professor of Physics
    Pauling, Linus .................................................... Scientist
    Pawlow, Iwan .................................................... Scientist
    Piccard, August .................................................. Inventor of Bathosphere & Strasthosphere
    Pierce, Keith ...................................................... Solar Scientist
    Schweitzer, Dr.Albert ............. French ................ French Physician/Missionary
    Tippler, Frank J .................................................. Physicist
    Turing, Alan ........................... UK ...................... Founder of Computer Science
    Vliet, Kent .......................................................... Scientist
    von Helmholtz, Hermann .................................... Scientist
    Weiss, Daniel ..................................................... Professor of Psychology

14. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

Split brain behavioral experiments

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMLzP1VCANo[/video]

15. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

TWO WAYS OF THINKING

16. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

TWO DIFFERENT WAYS OF THINKING

17. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

A Sibilian Brain

18. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

Hahahahahaha. What that means? My brain does not fit yours.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2013
  19. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

AMBIDEXTROUS BASEBALL PITCHER

Patrick Michael Venditte, Jr. (born June 30, 1985 in Omaha, Nebraska) is an American baseball player. He is a Minor League Baseball player currently in the New York Yankees organization. After attending Creighton University, the Yankees drafted Venditte in 2008. He currently pitches for the Class-AAA Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees in the International League.
    Venditte is a switch pitcher, capable of pitching proficiently with both arms. He is recognized as the only active professional pitcher who is able to do this. Venditte's rare ability to pitch with either arm required Minor League Baseball to create a rule for ambidextrous pitchers, known colloquially as the "Pat Venditte Rule".

Amazing!!!

Source: www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Venditte

20. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

The concept of "ambiphrenia" was created by Sibilia in April 22, 2008, but in Spanish "ambifrenia".

I've reported the repeated message (TWO DIFFERENT WAYS OF THINKING) but it seems they can't delete one of them.

21. kwhilborn Banned Banned

Just edit it. Click Edit at the bottom and remove most or all of the post and type "Repeat message". That's how I handle double posts.

Also..

Considering whats known about brain halves, how can someone function in arts and sciences with only half a brain such as this girl can.

Do not click if squimish, but has happy ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G86OJ_3llTU

22. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

Posted by kwhilborn:
    They can edit a message just during 2 or 3 days after posted it.

"Broad generalizations are often made in popular psychology about certain functions (e.g. logic, creativity) being lateralized, that is, located in the right or left side of the brain. These claims are often inaccurate, as most brain functions are actually distributed across both hemispheres. Most scientific evidence for asymmetry relates to low-level perceptual functions rather than the higher-level functions popularly discussed (e.g. subconscious processing of grammar, not "logical thinking" in general).

The best evidence of lateralization for one specific ability is language. Both of the major areas involved in language skills, Broca's area and Wernicke's area, are in the left hemisphere".

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerebral_hemisphere

23. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

Parapsychology can be regarded as a pseudoscience, but the phenomena of ambiphrenia, intuition and lucid dreams are real.

The intuition is the ability to discover spontaneously the essence of things and relations between them. Various are the interpretations that have been given to intuition, from a mystical or divine power to a power of divination. It is also widely believed that intuition is a women's faculty.

From a psychological perspective, intuition is an unconscious mental process of exaltation. Philosophically, intuition is defined as the ability to obtain new knowledge without the intervention of the senses or the reasoning. But these are two views to conceive the same process.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013