Computer Model Shows the Universe is Alive!!! (???)

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by TruthSeeker, Aug 14, 2007.

1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

yorda most of the stuff you said is wrong and funny. but you did say one thing that interested me.

"why is magma inside of planets" i would also like to know the answer to this question.

peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Only inside rocky planets which meet specific conditions.
    Basically magma appears because of heat and pressure.
    See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magma to learn about these conditions.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Daud AbuOmid Registered Member

I am convinced the entire creation is alive. Intelligience is not what we are looking for among the elements of the periodic table --that consciousness is in humanity! But if it were not for the minerals and gases that comprise the universe, and if it were not for the sunshine, and water provided on our planet, no other life could have proceeded, including its crown: humanity.
    Therefore, when the lithosphere, hydrosphere, and atmosphere and distance from the sun and its magnitude etc. are propitious, plant and animal life will flourish. Fire, Earth, Air and Water and the fifth element: Spirit.
    Education is of three kinds: physical, mental and spiritual. We share the physical with animals, in training to do certain activities, work and sports. Human education is characterized by language, inventions and civilization.
    It seems to me that the purpose of the Creation is the appearance of faith in the human hearts, because mere human life, without the connection to the divine spirit, which empowers the human spirit, is dead, and can be compared to a plant, which has no conscious knowledge of the realms above it. Its' ignorance is no proof that they do not exist.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cyperium I'm always me Valued Senior Member

We are making choices just as much as it feels like we are making choices. That's our part in making the choice.

8. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

Do try reading beyond the first paragraph! Baaaaaa!

9. Xestobium Registered Member

It's life jim, but not as we know it.

I believe that the universe is alive. Isn't it a bit narrow-minded to expect it to conform to a man-made definition of life?
    Even if you do use our definition, then surely it fits that description. Everything around you is part of the universe, and as a living being you too are part of the universe.
    You are made up of individual cells, each of which is alive, and given the right conditions could survive independently of you.
    In this same way, the universe incorporates all of the life on this planet (and possibly elsewhere). It's thoughts and values are probably a composite of all of those experienced by all the living things it contains.
    But don't over-rate your importance to it. It would notice your death just as much as you would notice the loss of a single cell from your body.

10. geist959 Registered Member

So it looks like I'm weighing in about 3 years too late, but:

Fist, the center of the sun (any star) becomes iron as the fuel is consumed. it isn't rock and it certainly isn't "liquid fire".

The definition of a planet is a large object that revolves around a sun/star. a moon revolves around a planet (these are further divided and defined into smaller categories, pluto now being a dwarf planet, but thats not important for this post) and stars are generally "born" in nurseries of gas, dust and energy. when these particles combine and become too dense, a nuclear reaction occurs and they erupt into stars. when the star dies, depending on size, it can go hyper or super-nova; become a black hole; or just fizzle into a neutron star.

My current beliefs:
    1) We can't KNOW everything, including definite definitions for life. In fact, Stephen Hawking stated the fist extra terrestrial life we discover will be unrecognizable by our current definitions of life.

2) Life is hardy. practically every inch of this planet is covered with diverse kinds of life. every single example of life has many varieties. it exists in extreme temperatures and pressures some without sunlight or conventional food. Some life can even exist inside a rock miles underground and will remain dormant for 10's-100's of years until conditions are perfect; lives until conditions decline slightly, then return to dormancy.

3) regardless of how it got here, everything in our universe is made from the same "stuff". The accretion discs around young stars formed planets and subsequently their solar systems. life as we know it came from the planets, though had to evolve over about 4 billion years to become what it is today. life has also survived several "mass extinctions" as one happens around every 100 million years.

4) Trace it back: life came from planets; planets come from stars; current stars came from ancient stars, which were created from the energy of the big bang(or whatever occurrence caused the rapidly expanding, but almost completely uniform universe). Thus, what makes us is what makes up the universe. (here's where what i believe comes in) many posts above this one, someone said the universe cannot manipulate its surroundings, that's how we know it's not alive. I believe life is nature attempting to give itself the ability to manipulate itself. so we are avatars of nature. If you think about it, every synapse in our brain was at one point junk in the earth, but this junk organized itself and struggled to survive through the violence that is creation.
    DNA passes down information through individual genomes which are replicated from parents, thus the genes that are inside you are (most likely) billions of years old.

I have a lot more to say, but seeing as how this post is getting long and i don't even know if anyone's gonna look at it, i'll stop here. if anyone wants to know more about my thoughts, feel free to ask.