Complaint about moderation

When we have a site nominally about science that is populated by those who have never read a science textbook of any kind and the biggest concern is Seattle and his sincerity, something is wrong.

We should be clear, then: You're a minor symptom.

I provide content,
zca5duok9qqz.jpg

are the sane or insane managing the asylum. Sancho wants to know.
why ? are you going to stop buying war bonds if the insane are not in control ?

We should be clear, I provide content ....

Well ...

When we have a site nominally about science that is populated by those who have never read a science textbook of any kind and the biggest concern is Seattle and his sincerity, something is wrong.

... sure ...

If I had to guess who was a paid propaganda poster on Sciforums you would be my only guess.

... if you say so …

The post was replying to Paddoboy when he stated that he was an alter boy for years and he was never molested. Rather than specifically point out the obvious problems with that line of thinking I said, I guess you just weren't masculine enough as a kid.

... because, yeah, y'know, whatever.

If I unearthed the underlying reasons for this thread, I probably get bored -it would ruin the mystery!

How often is he (Seattle) wrong about anything?
A quick estimate: about 4/5 of the time he replies to or even refers to a post by iceaura, he's wrong about something central to his post - usually the content of the post he's replying to, the meaning of the words therein, but also quite often about some personal characteristic of the poster he somehow feels the need to claim or reference, the facts of some social matter tangentially relevant to the post, the history of the posting involved, etc.

So more often wrong than not, in that particular kind of circumstance. And if the frequency of pejorative vocabulary, insults, reliance on innuendo, etc, is included in estimating the severity of the offense - - - let's just say that complaining about the general absence of science in those posts of his would be a side issue.

Mod Hat — But you wanted the attention

It is a James spin-off thread as I recall and yes, it is boring.

Policy note: Should I, then, recommend that in the future, we not split out people's complaints about moderation, like that, and simply issue infractions for off-topic posting? If we absolutely need to split out the disruption caused by such complaints, we can issue extra points.

Part of the point of asking is that moving your complaint here, to be considered, was apparently decided a better outcome than simply flagging your in-thread whining.

And if it turns out you're not bringing much for content, well, it's also true that generally isn't considered drama.

Meanwhile, is this thread over and done, then?

Mod Hat — But you wanted the attention

Policy note: Should I, then, recommend that in the future, we not split out people's complaints about moderation, like that, and simply issue infractions for off-topic posting? If we absolutely need to split out the disruption caused by such complaints, we can issue extra points.

Part of the point of asking is that moving your complaint here, to be considered, was apparently decided a better outcome than simply flagging your in-thread whining.

And if it turns out you're not bringing much for content, well, it's also true that generally isn't considered drama.

Meanwhile, is this thread over and done, then?

I don't know if it's over and done. I don't close threads. You guys are all over the rules though aren't you?

In junior high "gym" class the "coach" gave the keys to the locker room/showers to a bullyish classmate with the responsibility to unlock the door for us at the end of the class when we were all sweaty, needed to shower and get to our next class in a timely manner.

Everyday, his power trip was to make everyone wait outside the locker room until the very last minute before unlocking the door. It was flexing the only power he had.

Sancho is a good man. Seattle doesn't give Rainbow a hug. Rainbow isn't generally deserving of a Seattle hug but Seattle does approve of your generosity.

Wegs likes how Sancho posts in the third person. ^_^

Back