Compartmentalization

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Satyr, Jan 28, 2007.

?

Do you agree?

1. YES

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. NO

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. UNDECIDED

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. SCREW YOU!!!

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  1. TheMosaicMan Registered Senior Member

Now you listen here.. we males take our posturing very seriously.

Don't you be ragging on it, it takes a lifetime to develop and to have it all thrown out the window as 'primary school' material is most insulting!

You're not getting sexist on us are you?

Back on topic, I think that the vitriol will resolve itself.

Were this thread started by someone not participating, it would make more sense to toss individuals out of it - I always got the impression that was where forum moderators were meant to intervene, however as it stands otherwise, it seems more reasonable to let it die a natural death if that be its course.. You dont' have to read it after all!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. zenbabelfish autonomous hyperreal sophist Registered Senior Member

Because they all became extinct?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bells Staff Member

Don't be so sure.

Had this been a thread about 'weiner' nominations, I am sure the decision would have been difficult due to the number of contenders. However it is not.

All I am asking is that the thread continues on its merry way, sans the childish posturing and insults. Think of how challenging it will be for you all to actually have to discuss something instead of resorting to the..

"you're an imbecile"..
    "no you're an imbecile"..

..forms of argument?

Consider this a challenge from me, a lowly female.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Male chest beating is one thing, but this has gotten ridiculous. You have measured yourselves against each other and all have been found lacking. Now continue with the topic instead of harping on about how bigger and better you are compared to your male counterparts in this thread.

If no one can do so, then I will take to changing the childish 'you're a moron, retard and imbecile' to terms of endearment for my own amusement and giving infractions. I had tended to usually let things continue as they may in this particular forum simply because there has never been a need to moderate. Until now. Do not assume I will not do so.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. zenbabelfish autonomous hyperreal sophist Registered Senior Member

Well said, Bells

8. TheMosaicMan Registered Senior Member

Actually I think there have been some excellent ideas set forth so far, in spite of the fact that there have been colourful insults aplenty.

That was without any moderation at all and I think had there been no element of challenge, I don't think it would have brought out as many as it did.

The insults you refer to, generally accompanied argument, its not as if there has been nothing else.

Now, after I write the following, I suggest that you take some time to consider the reply, lest in a rash few words you become further guilty of the same pretentious attitude of which you're accusing the rest of us.

I don't believe I've insulted you intentionally or otherwise, I certainly haven't implied you were a lowly female and I don't consider women 'inferior' as per your sarcastic reply..

And you have just taken the liberty of insulting me by association, with that and with being 'childish and lacking' right after widely condemning everyone else for making similar insults.

Were you contributing anything to the thread, I would play with you in return and in passing, however you're instead adopting a superior attitude and then threatening to close it/give people infractions.

On those grounds, I find you lacking and think that with such judgement you don't have any place moderating this thread.

You are not asking anything: Your threat at the end of your post makes it very clear.

Close it/ban people if you will, however do not hypocritically pretend that you have some righteous cause here. You forfeited any right to 'just doing my job' justifications with your last couple of posts. It will be purely because you have the large stick and the impulse to hit people with it.

Alternatively, you can apologise for that and let us carry on our merry way.

9. Bells Staff Member

I never aimed anything at you. You simply took it upon yourself to be insulted.

I personally do not give a flying cahoot whether you are insulted or not by what I have said. It was never aimed at you, so why you should be insulted, I do not know. I have made a request that the discussion continue without childish insults, something I am well within my rights to do as a moderator of this particular forum. Don't like it? Tough luck. These last few pages have literally been about how many times someone can fit "imbecile" into a sentence. Hardly condusive to the subject at hand.

Whether I participate actively in this thread or not is really none of your concern. I am participating now by asking those doing the childish bickering to stop. You can either accept it or move on.

That is your opinion. If you wish to file a complaint, you can do so by sending a PM to a member of the admin or posting a thread about it in the Site Feedback forum.

Anything that has been said of interest in this thread has been shot down with "you're a moron" and that particular tentacle in the discussion is shut down there and then. Hardly a "discussion".

I have asked politely. I think you would find that I have never really had to moderate in this forum because the participants have tended to act accordingly and actually discuss each particular topic. This particular thread fails in this regard so far.

Was it a threat? Or a request? The solution is simple. If you do not wish to be treated like a child, do not act like one.

I have never beaten anyone with the large stick I supposedly wield. On the contrary, compared to other forums, I am quite open (some could say soft) in how I moderate. If you are so insulted by my request that the 'shit throwing' stop, then that is your problem and yours alone.

For now, I would prefer the discussion on the topic continue. Our discussion about my moderating style ceases here. I have made a request and I believe the participants are mature enough to make up their own minds in whether to accept or disagree. If you wish to take up the protesting banner, and complainabout my moderating, there are venues open for you to do so. For now, I bid you good day.

10. TheMosaicMan Registered Senior Member

I don't see how the word "You" when replying to me, with "All" and "male" when refering to participants in the thread, could possibly exclude me.

Hindsight doesn't change my interpretation.

The thread continues then, good and good day also.

11. Satyr Banned Banned

iam
    ...Iam?...what..Canadian....an imbecile?
    Both? I think so.

Shit-for-brains….now you are using the schoolyard tactics of “I know I am but so are you”.

Where did I claim that I wasn’t generalizing?
    My point was that every human percpetion and idea is a generalization.
    The #1 is a generalization.
    To a simple mind what is chaotic and incomprehensible or too complicated is referred to as a “generalization”, whereas to a more sophisticated, aware complicated mind it’s nothing more than a predictable, understandable, pattern.

There are only correct or incorrect, superior or inferior opinions.
    Using the “You are generalizing” is another example of compartmentalization.
    Every imbecile, reading this, generalizes reality from the moment he wakes up, and yet he uses this argument to excuse himself from understanding what is over his head or to deny what he has been socially and culturally taught to consider “evil” or “bad”, or to explain away what frightens him.

Compartmentalization? No, that’s your method.
    Enjoy it, imbecile!
    Now you are twisting and turning, trying to dance your way out of this, without losing your balls.

Fucktard, too late!!!!
    The nice thing about the written word is that it leaves a running transcript of what is being said. If we were speaking face to face, you would be using the tactic of denying you ever said some things, which would be embarrassing to you or which would put you in a logical corner.
    I’ve faced your type.
    You think you know what you are talking about, but when confronted you become aware of how stupid you really are. Then you devise clever ways to avoid the realization and the shame of your own quality of mind.
    Tough luck, idiot.
    This thread is evidence of what was said, by whom and when.

Oh, ho, ho…now it’s “too much emphasis”…who the fuck is “backtracking” and treading bullshit now?

Imbecile, you have no brains. You are culturally defined, you repeat what you are told as fact, you never even consider the possible collusion between science and state – see recent revelations concerning Bush and global warming and suppression of scientific opinions – and you pretend you are thinking by repeating the words of others.

You are a regurgitator of the current status quo and of culturally defined political-correct perspectives such as:
    We are all equal.
    Gender is a social construct.
    Race is irrelevant.
    Beauty is superficial, the “inner” beauty is more precious.
    Love will save the world.
    God loves you.
    Man is “good”. All he needs is the “correct” guidance.

Imbecile, my original post was precise, on-topic and direct.
    What nuanced rejection you come up with to escape its premises is your problem.

Answer the fuckin’ questions or get the fuck out of my sight!!!

If a bitch and an ass got together to spawn you, it’s not my problem.
    An apple falls under an apple tree and a pile of shit always falls under an asshole.
    I can smell you now.

Hey look, the imbecile is coming around.
    I had to take him by his little mind and pull him along the road of reason, but he’s learning to walk now…baby steps…baby steps…idiot!

So imbecile, there was a period in between the proto-humans migrating out of their original homelands, pushed out by stronger humans, seeking new territories, and the time when civilizations emerged, in these "favorable environments", when these sub-groupings experiences genetic isolation, which would account for the differences we call racial traits.
    The environment confronts the body and mind, which reacts and adapts or perishes.
    In the process it changes.
    Are you following along imbecile?

Yes moron, you figured me out, I’m a “white supremacist”.
    Here a moral angel is injected into the conversation, in the place of rational argument.
    When a weak mind faces the reality of its weakness it falls back on the popular moral position, trying to incite the forces of sheepish stupidity behind it and cause guilt and shame in the one that dares to remind it of its quality.
    “Yes, but he’s a racist and a sexist and an …an…ist. He is evil, I tell you!!! Brothers help me!”

Watch how a culturally produced ethical standard is used to construct an emotional defense against reason.

Civilizations, idiot, spring-up when a species dominates to such a degree that it begins to shape its environment.
    Intelligence proved to be such a powerful survival tool that it resulted in farming and husbandry. Intelligence is an evolutionary mutation that proved decisive – making the idea of an conscious, intelligent God all the more absurd.
    Understanding had to precede this.

Intelligence, idiot, is itself a product of challenge.
    You, sitting on your fat ass, watching Oprah Winfrey will not advance beyond what you are: a moron.
    Stupidity serves the system and so it produces it in abundance: see U.S.A.
    They have to import science and scientists, these days.

A challenging environment doesn’t only confront the body but also the mind – both are manifestations of the same thing and there is no duality...but that’s a metaphysical discussion.
    Comfort, imbecile, results in stagnation – naiveté, decadence, softness, pampering, softness.
    Like you are.

Oh my, thank you for taking some time away from your busy schedule of watching Gilligan’s Island reruns, to honor me with your inanity.
    Moron, one step at a time - I’ll have to ‘baby-step’ you through this.
    Let us first deal with the effects of these alien environments, these proto-humans were forced to migrate into and which caused such obvious physical and mental alterations.
    Civilizations come later, when these migrating groups had settled, adapted and dominated these environments. Civilization is the product of this environmental effect on these human groups.

Meanwhile the Negro is still back in his usual environment, using his ancestral methods of survival and having no reason to change them too much.
    The environment remains relatively stable and so he remains stable in relation to it.
    Get it yet?
    He has no need to change and he doesn’t.
    What change occurs is due to the normal small environmental fluctuations which occur in time, but in relation to his migrating cousins he has to face no alien circumstances and so he doesn’t change.

He’s like you, comfortably nestled in his reality, defending his safety and habituation with the known.
    Are you following along, or are you too busy trying to find ways to repair your shattered ego

All anyone with a brain has to do is look back on this thread and witness what you are and how you’ve altered your positions to save embarrassing yourself.
    Still haven’t answered my questions.

As opposed to your pure depth?
    If you are what is called honesty and depth, then this explain a lot about modern man and the current state of the world.

Sheep, munching on what the shepherd feeds them.
    It also explains Bush.

Equalitarianism, the mythology of altruism and selflessness, the worship of the modern ideal man: stupid, comfortable, unthinking, obsessed with objects, soft, not knowing himself and what truly motivates him, pseudo-altruistic, "innocent", lost in cultural norms and social ideals.
    You know, a dumbass.

Nor do I care. All I do is deal with the opinions you present.
    This is you trying to “backtrack” and save face.
    You got yourself in over your head, you underestimated the opposition and now you are feigning agreement so as to withdraw and not be embarrassed.
    Good job.
    Now go away. You’re boring.

See what I mean?
    Now the retard is feigning that he agrees with much that I say but he thinks it inappropriate to say it out loud.
    Maybe we should censor thought, then.

Is this an “intelligent community” or a “feel good community”?
    Is reality always soft, and precious and good?
    If we do not speak our minds then what the hell are we here for - to mingle with retards and exchange faked civility, pretending we are the ideal modern man?

Bells
    Yes…momma.

I don’t consider my self as anything belonging to the species these imbeciles belong to.
    Might as well consider my self a chimpanzee.

If you can’t handle spice on your food, sweetheart, do not eat what is served.
    Consider banishment. I'm all for it.

TheMosaicMan
    You, obviously, have no knowledge of chimpanzee behavior…I’ve heard dolphins exhibit some of this, as well.
    It seems to be a higher-brain function.

Please shut the fuck up.
    You are off-topic consistently, commenting on peripheral subjects and obfuscating on the obvious.
    Debate your shadow opponents on your own time….with your good “points”.

She senses your castration and does exclude you.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  12. iam Banned Banned

13. Satyr Banned Banned

iam
    Twisting my words, idiot, to construct an argument is your style.

I said cooperation is a compromise.
    Why fight to the “death”, moron?
    I said selflessness is a façade, not that it is not a useful one.

I said that social unities inevitably rely on the unchallenging, ignorant, passivity of its members and so it socially selects these attributes as essential to its harmony.
    Dependence breeds more and more dependence, until the individual cannot function outside the unity. It ceases to be independent, both physically and mentally.

*sniffle*…That was beautiful…and did the hero live happily ever after

“Beyond the Physical”?!
    Are you a deist?
    What is beyond and how did you come to know it?
    Define "Beyond".
    Here we are now entering into the realm of religion, superstition and blind faith.

Weakness finds comfort and safety in groups and loses self within them. This loss it feels as a relief; a relief from freedom, as Sartre claimed, and a relief from the burden of responsibility.
    The brain translates this as an expansion, a “beyond” when it is simply the loss of self within the multitude.
    The sensation is tantamount to a child feeling cared for and loved by a parent that takes care of its basic needs.
    It is the same sensation the religious mind feels using the concept of God.
    The “otherness”, Heidegger talked about, into which self relieves itself in and finds itself in.

Welcome to the herd.

I never said anything about censoring.
    I enjoy bashing idiots, like you, in the head.
    Why would I want to lose it?

As for the rest…survival of the fittest, imbecile, means in the area of ideas, as well.

The strongest impose their opinions and call them “truths”.
    You live in the “truths” others have constructed for you, because they were victors.

Debate is competition.

But what did any of the above have to do with the subject?
    Here the imbecile is changing tactics.
    Predictable.

He cannot compete and so he flees hiding behind the moral “high ground” of his culture’s ideals.
    There he will find what is "right" by democratic decree. Let us vote in “truth”….we can use Colbert’s “Truthiness” and post it on Wikpedia as an expression of popular opinion.
    We know how right popular opinion has been over the ages.

The idiot doesn’t even bother with the subject anymore; he turns towards the crowd pleading with them to see his “truthiness” on the grounds that they all benefit from it – their shared need making a “fact”.
    Here truth and happiness are equated, as in: What is good for me, is fact.

The supposition resting on the human prejudice that the universe gives a shit or that reality is benevolent and kind to the likes of him, and not something to be known and dealt with and conquered or overcome.

The questions lie unanswered.
    Anathema to the dim-witted.

14. iam Banned Banned

You are babbling, dumbass. "fight to the death"..duh..duh. You are obviously too braindead to realize your ideology is nihilistic without compromise. Geez, you really are a fuktard. You are constantly, stupidly contradicting yourself. First you whine people live in false illusion and not truth and then you say people live in the constructed opinions imposed by survival of the fittest, then you cowardly fault others who gain strength using those opinions because the bible thumpers now outnumber, you wavering shit. You stupidly confuse emotions with a deity or superstition and anything beyond defense of physical eating and shitting as illusion.

DO YOU NEED ART TO SURVIVE???? HOW ABOUT MUSIC? A PIANO? DO YOU THINK PEOPLE ENGAGE IN ACTIVITIES SOLEY FOR THE CONCRETE "IDEA" AND NOT FOR ITS EFFECTS ON OUR PERSON EMOTIONAL AS WELL AS PHYSICAL????

DO YOU THINK PICASSO OR REMBRANDT WASTED THEIR FUKING TIME?? YOU STUPID, BASE, ANIMAL FUK!

You are too much of an idiot to waste anymore of my time. You are a very scared hiding behind a hypervigilant superiority complex who is actually allergic to competition that is why you set up your posts the way you do and like to so-called "shame" others because that is what your own ego would despise. You are actually afraid of life. Those who discount emotions are as weak as those who rely on it soley. It is a way to deal with people as objects to have the upperhand.

15. Satyr Banned Banned

Calgary?!!!

There’s the retard again flinging concepts about with little understanding and even less ability to define them.

First it was the mere usage of the word “civilization” and then it was the word "beyond" that was supposed to impress upon us his quality of mind and now it is art.
    He just jumps from concept to concept, thinking that just the mentioning of these concepts insinuates something.

Wow, what a sophisticated deep mind. It knows the word art.
    It cannot define beyond no more than it can define art. It’s just a word, for the retard; a word it was taught and is supposed to insinuate something nobler, greater, better...an ambiguity supporting an edifice of hypotheticals.

This is modern-man. A psychologically and mentally retarded human, dependant on others for understanding and worshiping everything that enables its belonging and survival; a retarded, adolescent mind constructing ideals on words it cannot even define like “freedom”, “self”, “here”, “now”, “art”, “civilization” and relying on ambiguity to create the illusion of substance as in “God”, “beyond”, “soul”, “spirit”, “love”.

It just spews out words, never delving any deeper. Being content in the shallows.

But what is art?
    How does it come about and why?
    What’s its intent?

Why does man create, in general, why does he build?
    I don’t expect a response here, as I didn’t when I asked for the definition of “beyond” or when I asked those questions.

The retard doesn’t even have the creativity to come up with his own insults - and yet he uses “art” as an argument for what?
    What about Rembrandt?
    A namedropper, he is, supposedly more “civilized”…in other words more of a hypocrite and a coward; no different than a religious fanatic.

And still he dances around the questions…..Oh well.

16. Satyr Banned Banned

Music

Music
    This is how I see it, in brief.

First proposition
    Patterns
    The brain is a forager of patterns.
    It is an ordering biological tool.
    The mind is its projection in time/space.

As such it is attracted to patterns and order.
    The brain can only comprehend what it can store and analyze.
    Storage requires ordering (Cataloguing, Categorizing).
    Ordering the confusing or chaotic or complicated demands simplification/generalization.

We create approximations to efficiently act. We understand by finding a pattern and extrapolating the entirety.

Second proposition
    Resistance

The path of least resistance implies that repetition lessens resistances creating habituation and experience.
    We are drawn to the familiar because a neural pathway, once established, is more easily reused, rather than replaced.
    Continuous use makes something familiar and easy.

This attraction to the familiar creates behavioral patterns resulting in thinking, species or culture.

Third Proposition
    Energy

Energy is a resonating activity.
    It is action/movement manifesting or universal flux.
    Matter is resonating energy at a specific tone, making it more or less substantial in relation to our sensual acuity.

Fourth Proposition
    Music
    Music is a sound exhibiting patterns and repetition.
    Otherwise it is called noise.
    It is energy made audible.

Conclusion
    The familiarity of the pattern makes it attractive.
    It awakens remembrance by stimulating neural pathways which might have become forgotten or by harmonizing with our own energies it can imitate our becoming.

This is why music can be emotional and exhibit psychosomatic effects.
    We are energy and so the vibrations are intimate to our becoming.

Language is art.

17. Bells Staff Member

And so it begins again.

Satyr

Then start acting like it. Oh wait, I forgot the next bit..

Does chimpy want a nana?

Funny you should say that.

I actually cannot handle spicy food at present. Seems I am carrying gigantor baby that has decided to push up into my stomach, making any consumption of spicy food a non event. If I do attempt to eat some spice, I end up with my head down the toilet in a fit state of regurgitation. And after reading all this so called "spice", I am feeling as though I have just eaten a mild, slightly off curry.

As for banishment. Why would I give you what you so supposedly desire? You know me Wendy, a complete sucker for punishment, as demonstrated by actually being here.

Since you prefer to behave like a pink arsed baboon, angry at his incarceration in the zoo, I shall treat you like one.

Iam

He has never claimed any differently.

So why keep poking the monkey with the pointy stick in his cage?

What you haven't realised is that you can't win against Satyr, or rarely anyway. The process of arguing with him can be as refreshing as jumping butt naked into the arctic sea after the thaw or as painful as butting one's head against a sandstone wall.

I must admit, I have a soft spot for good old Wendy. He reminds me of the grumpy old man who has discovered the internet for the first time and simply must share the thoughts that has been festering in his mind all his life. It is cute in a way.

----------------------------------------------------------

So what to do about this particular thread.

I won't close it. I had never wanted to close it. I had contemplated going through each post and deleting the really pathetic childish insults but my 16 month old has decided he wants a swim. So, I could start going through each of the long winded posts or I could give infractions, be finished in a few minutes and go and have a swim with my son, who is currently running around the house naked with his father chasing after him with the sunscreen.

Decisions decisions...

18. TheMosaicMan Registered Senior Member

Nope, when armies of chimpanzees start rampaging across a continent, trailing death in their wake, I'll believe it. What one small group of chimpanzees does to another is not comparable in anything but its most basic sense, by which there are many better examples you could use.. If that were what I meant, I would hardly have used such a quote as I did, emphasizing the MASS slaughter.

No other animal on this planet comes close to the human capacity for mass warfare and the ensuing slaughters.. And so, my earlier uses of the desmond morris quote.

I found your comments to iam about logic ironic, considering how badly you contradicted yourself earlier on many different occasions, in spectacular self-defeating fashion.

iam seems to have commited the unforgivable sin of reminding you of this.. laugh.

Don't speak to me of castration either, you've neatly performed on yourself the argumentative equivalent of such on a number of occasions so far. Do flail at me some more and make a mockery of your already tattered, forgotten, lonely 'word' by which you are unable to stand and so discredit yourself further. You lose. Have you left yet?

And that, after coming close to regaining some shreds of integrity with some genuinely good writing, even if skirting the issue which had you pinned to the wall.

In fact, you bear a remarkable resemblance to the very caricatures of people that you ranted about in post number one and then further disparaged in post number two; there, because they don't appreciate 'honesty.' Honesty? It is you whom are living the pretense, the lie, through your own admission..

Strength is not perservering in a secret loathing of the civilization within which you loiter as an inward imposter, while adopting an outward facade of what you imagine to be civility.

That, my mythical friend, is the worst kind of weakness, for you crush yourself daily under the unforgiving heel of pretense and so by action turn your truths into lies and your lies into truth.

The fundamental error of your philosophy stems from your failing to extend the concept of your living influence as individual beyond the physical limits of your body in one sense, while speaking of the omnipresent influence of the positive/negative universe and unity in another sense, not establishing the necessary connection between the first and the latter two that is first the human race, then life as a whole; as civilization. Well well, what have we have but Compartmentalization. smile

You cannot expect to be taken seriously, fleeing as you are from the gaping logical chasms in your arguments that threaten to swallow the only delusion that keeps you here and presumably, sane.

Its the blessing of the civilized world that gives you the opportunity, the literature and the history through which you firstly discover these ideas and then combine them into your own refined perspective, which is at times lucid, insightful and yet is fatally flawed - which you duly attempt to push onto others through your so called 'superior reasoning' with some assistance from your repetoire of insults. A repetoire, that is, which seems to consist of about five words.

Meagre fare, you did say you'd try harder.. perhaps you should draw upon civilizations knowledge to come up with some more. It is comic that you hold Platos Republic as ideal; where is your dialectic? I don't see any, only sophistry.

I wonder.. It may be that the reason you suffer most is that you have a bronze medal in your soul..

19. nicholas1M7 Banned Banned

Satyr,

Seems to me that the more you write, the more you care, and so the more you have to get pissed off at. You should be more like the modern man, that way, when people like Mosaic Man and iam piss you off by not getting what you say, you won't care because everything you write about you don't even believe yourself.

20. Satyr Banned Banned

I’ll take that under advisement.

MoronicMan
    Man has the potential for “mass slaughter” imbecile because he has the tools to do it.

Yes, you and him seem to share a level of comprehension.

I’m sure I have, in your mind, after all those “points’ you made.
    I’ll leave when I damn please.

I lost?
    Whatever you say, retard.

Does any of your amateur psychobabble have anything to do with the subject or are you avoiding the issue and attempting to discredit the source?

Keep smiling, imbecile.
    The connections you draw are your own, they have nothing to do with what I'm saying.

You keep mentioning my “logical contradictions” but you fail to present them.
    Perhaps the contradictions are in your little brain, or in what you think I am saying rather than what I’m actually saying.
    Reread everything I’ve written and this time take your head out of your ass and…breath.

This is particularly funny coming from the one that cannot answer a few simple questions and chooses to focus on the author.

Does a sheep, like you, thank its shepherd for protecting it from the wolves?
    At what price?
    Do you sacrifice truth to your need, then?
    Do you construct reality around what you prefer or what satisfies your feeble human desires?
    It explains a lot.

The one thing about stupidity that is frustrating is that it’s so fuckin’ tiring.
    It wears you out with its thickness.

There it is constructing points around its subjective reasoning, and then chastising me for trying to be objective.
    There it is raising a moral argument to defend against a reasoned challenge.

Does it answer the questions?
    No.
    It chooses to redirect and refocus the discussion away from where it hurts.
    It seeks to silence the message by killing the messenger.
    Cowards!

Oh well, the questions lie there unanswered.
    If anyone cares to take a swing at them, I'll be listening.

Here’s someone more on your intellectual level:
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=62877&page=3

He calls himself IceAgeCivilizations.
    I think you’ll find you share many qualities.

Good luck.

21. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Satyr here is a question for you. Does animal life have value?

Yes or No?

22. Satyr Banned Banned

Only to itself.
    The “sanctity of life” is a cultural and human prejudice.
    The life of one has value to another only as far as it contributes to its own.

The life of a sheep is no more sacred than a human life.

An individual earns its value he isn’t born with it.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Now let us return to the topic.

I have tried to present specific examples of Compartmentalization.
    You know, the topic of this thread.

I use the example of color to describe how a mind can be taught to ignore sensual information it has evolved to live dependant upon.
    This in the name of harmonious coexistence, and systemic cohesion.
    Necessity is not truth.

If it is necessary for a man to believe in God so as to be able to cope with his existence, due to his psychological fragility, or to remain moral, this does not make God real.
    If it is necessary for men, living in the same group, to follow common laws and rules, this does not make their moral imperative a transcendent truth.
    It makes morality a projection of human frailty and need.

The retards claim that I owe culture gratitude for providing me the necessities of my being.
    This is raising subjectivity to the level of “truth”. What benefits us, must be called fact and what fact does not benefit us or confronts our sense of well-being will be censored or ignored or labeled ‘evil’ or ‘bad’.

This also insinuates that one must never challenge anything to change and become better; that we should all defend the status quo we depend upon, because we’ve been trained and raised to function within it and we’ve grown habituated with its presence.

This is like the slave kissing his master’s feet for providing food and shelter to him – even though the master has his own motives for doing so.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

I have challenged that if we consider color superficial then it must follow that form and taste and smell and texture are no less so- in which case we cannot recognize species at all, and that if I use color to judge objects, external phenomena, in one instance I cannot be said to be consistent if I am taught to not do so in other instances.
    To decide when logic applies and when it doesn’t or when color matters and when it doesn’t is a sure sign of compartmentalization, constructed by institutions and indoctrination.
    A rational mind, with intellectual integrity, follows through with its reasoning and doesn’t change the rules or avoid the consequences when its reasoning becomes uncomfortable or insulting or detrimental to it.

I also use the example of religious compartmentalization.
    Here the mind is taught to go against its every experiential and logical premise to enable the possibility – often the absolute possibility – of a benevolent, caring, conscious God.

The common factor between the two examples is that they are both instructionally created.
    Religion and culture come in to re-educate the mind to think in accordance to their memetic premises, often contradicting genetic ones.
    This is called piety in one instance and civility in the other.
    The civilized man, in fact, is the man whose mind has been sufficiently trained and whose socially unwanted natural behaviors sufficiently suppressed in accordance with cultural norms and ideals.
    And is not the pious mind the same?
    Here the degree of holiness and culture is measured by how well the organism has suppressed natural instincts that go against institutional norms.
    Civility, for example, is a pretence where we all play along using the same rules and act as if our animal natures, churning underneath the surface, are totally under control.
    It is hypocrisy in its highest form: self-hypocrisy.

They are often self-evaluating this necessity as “superior” or mans going “beyond corporeal existence”, and yet they cannot define what this "beyond" physicality means.
    It sounds very fantastic. Like paradise.

In come Dwiddle-dee and Dwiddle-dum to challenge my claims. They, somehow, were offended, perhaps seeing much of what I speak about in themselves, and wanting to avenge themselves on the one that reminds them of how deluded they are.

They accuse me of “logical fallacies”.
    Well, perhaps an example of my “logical fallacy” is in order - an example that will show how well they’ve understood what I’m saying and support their claim that I am wrong.

If they both put their tiny minds together maybe they can provide one.
    All they do is allude to my errors and to their “points” but never provide anything.

So far they’ve used examples like: A beautiful women infected with a disease.
    But here the disease is not a part of her appearance of her Becoming, no more than ticks on a dog are part of its becoming.
    If the disease persists and is damaging enough it will, eventually, leave marks of the struggle. Then the beautiful woman’s appearance will be affected.

Furthermore I never claimed that man’s perception saw all of appearance.
    There are obvious levels of appearance where man is blind - the very small for example or the ultraviolet or sound of a particular tone.
    The limitations of human perception does not negate the importance of appearance.

Dogs hear things we can't and smell things we cannot.
    Bees see in the ultraviolet spectrum where a man’s eye is blind.
    This too is part of a flowers appearance, even if man cannot see its entirety.
    Nevertheless one cannot claim that a rose’s redness is not the rose, just because bees see it in more detailed coloration.
    The redness is the flower.

An existence is characterized by its temporal character. It is time manifest. Space being the possibility of its Becoming.
    As such appearance is its temporal signature, its mode of appearing fully and completely to the other.
    Temporality is how it resonates spatially.

Now this appearance can be hidden or covered over or pretended but this does not negate the appearance itself – it rather provides evidence of its importance.
    Appearance is a living, constantly changing, record of an organisms total Becoming – experiential and historical.
    The organism is the spear point, the tip of the pyramid, beneath which and behind which spreads the totality of its historical becoming, the edifice of every decision and every environmental effect and very reaction to it.
    Every detail of its form and coloration and texture and smell and sound is a manifestation of this Becoming.
    A man’s character, his choice between this and that, his behavior is limited and directed by this historical becoming.
    My choice between pork and chicken is a false one.
    I am limited to these few choices due to my historical, genetic Becoming which makes the choice a non-choice.
    I cannot choose not to eat, or to not be attracted to the taste of chicken or pork. This has already been decided for me.
    My “free-will” consists in expressing my spirit of Becoming, that is the totality of what made me possible in the moment of my choice.

I await one example of my “logical fallacies”.
    I suspect it will turn out to be an example of Dwiddle-dee and Dwiddle-dum’s misunderstanding of what is being said or an example of their own compartmentalization.

Proceed , or shut the fuck up!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  23. nicholas1M7 Banned Banned

Yes Satyr, smack that mouth! shut his face. Show TT what it means to be a modern man.

TT is the "rational thinker" who built this maze, and modern man is the mouse.

This thread is finally getting good. Just like TT's reading skills.