Communication Needs Improvement

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by TheHeretic, Dec 11, 2004.

1. TheHeretic Registered Senior Member

technologically speaking communication is fantastic we went from carrier pigions to instant messaging. But Language as not improved at all. We use the same primitive language that we've been using for thousands of years. You may say communication is almost instant. I send an instant message and BAM! The person recieves it. But we dont take in consideration that that message has to be read and that is were communication is flawed. We use Long sentences to convey a simple idea. It also doesnt help that we have many words that mean the same thing. Image one word conveying a simple thought. And a sentnce conveying a complex idea. This whole paragraph could be condensed into a line or two. We also think in the language that we speak this could speed up our thought process. Imagine being able to think 10 times faster than we currently do.
    Yes i know this would be very difficult to do but maybe if society as a worked slowly to improve language. The one doubt I have is if the human brain could process this information at a higher rate of speed.