Cold Fusion Sabotaged

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Singularity, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Singularity Banned Banned

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaleSpam TANSTAAFL Registered Senior Member

Huh? How would providing cheap energy lose money? The person who did it would be raking in the cash.

In any case, I think it is a bad idea to trust a researcher who is unwilling to provide his raw data when called on his conclusions.

-Dale

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Dale, if you sell an item for five dollars and a 30 percent commission, you make one and a half dollars.

If you sell the same item for 500,000 dollars and take a 30 percent commission, you make enough money to buy a house and a car.

That is why cheap energy makes little money for the utilities and expensive energy makes them filthy rich. Anyone who comes up with cheap energy had better have some business sense or he will work himself totally out of the market.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Much in the same way that cheap phone calls made it certain phone companies would fail to make billions.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Light Registered Senior Member

I suppose you've never heard of volume selling, eh? And energy is something that is sold in tremendous volumes.

Try your math on this one. If you sold 5 Gigawatthours of electricity every month at just 1/2 cent per Kwh profit, how poor would you be at the end of the first year?

9. CANGAS Registered Senior Member

The worldwide annual retail energy market is about 5 Gillan US BIG.

Pardon me, I'm a diehard X files fan, 5 trillion.

My dear friend, Bee Goil, has confided to me that the discovery of free energy might make the income and wealth of those associated with the current energy industry change, possibly in the negative direction.

10. Singularity Banned Banned

you are forgeting the fact that price of Oil is due to its shortage.

11. CANGAS Registered Senior Member

I think that profit margins may also be a measurable factor.

12. Light Registered Senior Member

Of course not. Why would you ask such a thing?

13. Singularity Banned Banned

"I suppose you've never heard of volume selling, eh? And energy is something that is sold in tremendous volumes."

14. Light Registered Senior Member

“ Originally Posted by Light
    Of course not. Why would you ask such a thing? ”

Singularity: "I suppose you've never heard of volume selling, eh? And energy is something that is sold in tremendous volumes."

Certainly! A lot of money can be made by selling smaller amounts of things in somewhat short supply AND a lot of money can also be made by selling a LOT of something that's in great supply. Can you not understand that???

15. DaleSpam TANSTAAFL Registered Senior Member

Don't be silly. Economics doesn't work this way in a free market system. If Albert sells an item for 500,000 dollars and Bill sells the same item for 5 dollars (both at 30% profit margin) then Bill will make 1.5 dollars and Albert will make nothing.

-Dale

16. DaleSpam TANSTAAFL Registered Senior Member

Yes, about 7-8% in the case of "Big Oil".

-Dale

17. Singularity Banned Banned

U are such a boring Dumbo. Why will U sell Oil in large quantities when Alternative becomes available.

Do U think if Gold becomes cheap, people will run after it as they do now ?

18. Light Registered Senior Member

Look just who's calling who a dumbo! Someone without a single brain in her head.

No one said anything about "selling oil in large quantities" if a good alternative is found. And gold has nothing at all to do with this discussion. Are you just talking to yourself?

Point in case of making a lot of money by selling huge quantities of something fairly cheaply. Paper. It's not expensive and TONS of it are sold every single day and that generates a lot of wealth for the paper industry. There are hundreds of other things like that also. Look at big supermarkets. They generally only make two or three cents profit on each item they sell but they sell THOUSANDS of items every day.

19. Iris Registered Senior Member

And anyway, it all seems rather moot, as I don't see any indications that anyone is trying to suppress the "discovery" of cheap energy.

Why don't we wait to argue about the economics of cheap energy until someone actually comes up with some?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. Singularity Banned Banned

I have 1 trillion brain cells unlike U.

21. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

That sounds an awful lot like Anomalous to me.

How did you find this out? Did you remove your brain and count each cell?

22. Light Registered Senior Member

If that were true, it seems as though at least one or two of them ought to work. Why don't they?

23. Singularity Banned Banned

Just like U counted his.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.