Coffee Experiments

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by darksidZz, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Makaveli Registered Senior Member

Well the caffeine makes u lost weight and is a diuretic ... However the simple sugars raises your insulin and leads to fat storage... Just drink it with cream and splenda and go with 1 or just 2 tablespoons of cream.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Caffeine is a psychoactive drug and like all psychoactive drugs it has different effects on different people. I know some people who drink a cup of coffee or a pint of cola right before bed and claim it helps them sleep.

Personally I'm extremely sensitive to it and have to treat it as a dangerous drug. Two ounces of Dr. Pepper in a measuring cup on Saturday morning will keep me bouncing off the ceiling the whole weekend. Just the amount of caffeine in a serious chocolate munchie (not the wussy 20% stuff that can legally be sold as "chocolate" in America) makes it impossible to fall asleep and stay asleep, makes me even more overbearing than I normally am, and ruins my judgment. I have to take a powerful sleeping medicine and then I wake up groggy the next morning and the cycle starts over. If I drank a cup of coffee you'd have to peel me off the ceiling or perhaps look for reports of a lunatic screaming at people for parking three inches too far from the curb.

I understand the positive effect of caffeine and sometimes it's worth the down side. When I'm performing music it helps me play more accurately, I can get by with fewer rehearsals. If I go out dancing it keeps me from becoming exhausted halfway through the evening. If I don't feel like mowing the frelling lawn it helps me get outdoors and moving. But I have to stop and think very carefully about what I might have to do tomorrow and be sure the ill effects don't spoil something important, like giving a presentation or just being a good friend.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Redefine91 I piss excellence Registered Senior Member

I've downed a full pot in about an hour and a half and I'm 16. No dramatic weight loss, no dependency and no real effects in terms of keeping me up. I drink either to wake up or because it helps me think straight.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

I drink about a pot a day. Black. No sugar. Drop the sugar and cream and you'll be more healthy. Drink lots of water as well. I drink at least as much water as coffee if not more.

Unless you have high-blood pressure, the worst side effect of coffee is stained teeth.

8. Redefine91 I piss excellence Registered Senior Member

Black coffee? wow thats bold. I itleast need sugar, I can do without milk.