Cocaine

Discussion in 'Chemistry' started by Xmo1, Nov 11, 2017.

1. gmilam Valued Senior Member

That's actually a good example. One I've asked others about.

While I personally feel safer wearing a seat belt, the only public safety reason I have heard that makes sense to me is - IF your car is hit and you are not wearing a seatbelt, THEN you are more susceptible to being thrown out of your seat (or otherwise injured) causing you to lose control of your vehicle, making you a danger to others.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Huh? Am I missing something? How does legalizing cannabis have any effect on opioid, nicotine and alcohol problems?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. timojin Valued Senior Member

I ment in response to government caring to your safety . your post 17

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. gmilam Valued Senior Member

As did I. This is an example of how requiring you to wear a seatbelt could be an example of not just protecting you from yourself, but protecting others from your bad choice. (Not you personally, the generic "you".)

8. origin Trump is the best argument against a democracy. Valued Senior Member

Sounds like a dumbass tax.
    Just like the lottery is the poor mans tax.

9. gmilam Valued Senior Member

Lottery, a tax on those who are bad at math.

origin likes this.
  10. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Well played, sir.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Now I have to ask myself what the difference is between the gubment protecting me by not letting me fly through the windshield, and the gubment protecting me by not letting me do dangerous drugs.

I guess, for one, seatbelts are not transferable, whereas drugs are. I can harm other people by my possession of drugs.

11. Xmo1 Registered Senior Member

The literature seems to be a cloak for the common uses (social, medical in humans). There are lots of other biological uses, such as doping racing animals, but that does not address the subject. The discussion was to ask if cocaine could be further processed into anything useful, such as a chemical used in making seat belts. Is cocaine radioactive? I'm wondering if it could be used as a frequency translator in electronic signal processing similar to doping agents used in microchips. The major components are carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, and hydrogen. I supposed that's why it's characterized as most useful in biochemicals. For sure, the illicit drug should be reprocessed and redirected toward the global medicinal need for it primarily in hospitals. It looks like it might be useful in waste treatment as a reagent for hard to kill microorganisms and viruses.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017