Clumsy Britts

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Syzygys, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

They are flushing 850 000 cellphones down the toilet every year!!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://www.wirelessinfo.com/content/850-000-phones-meet-death-by-toilet-yearly-in-the-UK.htm

"4.5 million handsets are lost or damaged in the UK each year. Second to the death by watery grave, 810,000 handsets end up amongst the peanuts and broken hearts at a local pub, 315,000 stay behind for an extra long cab ride, 225,000 keep riding public transportation after their owners leave and 116,000 ended up in some dirty laundry."

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

yeah i leave my phone everywhere, i always lose it, i left over £200 on a train before. wonder what lucky commuter got that,

peace.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. andbna Registered Senior Member

from the link you posted^
    I do doubt that thet many are flushed down the toilet, I can however imagine that that many get lost in water. I would suppose it would be more through accidentaly dropping it in a lake or river while boating or fishing(and that's personal experiance for many people i know >.<) than from flushing them down toilets...
    Still nonetheless interesting, and funny. Ironic how the cellphone companies focus on making them smaller and smaller. Most are already too small for people.

-Andrew

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.