"Clone Wars" Animated Movie

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by superstring01, Aug 18, 2008.

1. superstring01 Moderator

Horrible. Absa-fricking-lutely horrible. And not just your typical "Gili" or "Battlefield Earth" type of horrible, I'm talking: a whole new dimension of horrible that transcents our current space-time coninuum.

Did I mention that the movie sucked?

~String

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I could have told you that without seeing it...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

Really... i was expecting great things from the latest in the star wars series... damn

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superstring01 Moderator

That's what my buddy, countezero, relayed in an "I told you so" sort of way.

But did I listen? Hell no.

~String

8. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

the promo looks cool. :bugeye:

9. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

You seem to see a lot of movies. I see quite a few too I guess.
    So I want you to review Tropic Thunder for me and get back to me lol
    I want to see it, but something is telling me not to that it is going to be
    a waste of time.

10. Saquist Banned Banned

This movie wasn't good for adults...

11. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

Is it different than the Clone Wars cartoon series?

12. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

No, not really, only a few differences (Just a few new 2-Dimensional characters). This just very well may be it for the Star Wars franchise.

13. Renrue Someone Registered Senior Member

It should have ended after Return of the Jedi. But the poor sod just wouldn't leave it as is, pumping out three more suck movies and letting the franchise grow into idiocy.

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Yeah, its like George Lucas just can't leave a good thing alone. Is he single handedly trying to kill his legacy?:shrug:

15. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

These movies have not been good for adults, since Lucas sold out to kiddies with ewoks.

16. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

then maybe a childish mind is in order?

i still can watch kids shows

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. siledre Registered Senior Member

you know what the problem with any artist is, once they get that cash rolling in they stop being artists and become mass marketers.

18. Reiku Banned Banned

I've heard its shit. Tell me if it is, so i can bare myself the torchure of seeing it, and my brains spontaneously dribble out of my head.

19. lepustimidus Banned Banned

The advertisements for the animated movie look horrible. Corny voice acting much?

20. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

yep, Lucas is strangling his golden goose.

21. Nasor Valued Senior Member

I don't think it's really a case of Lucas "selling out," so much as it's a case of him finally being in a position to make exactly the movies he wants. It's sad to say, but a lot of the stuff that the hard-core fans love about the original 3 starwars movies was actually from someone other than Lucas. The only difference between then and now is that now there isn't anyone to tell him when he's doing something idiotic (no one who he has to listen to, anyway).

Most fans agree that The Empire Strikes Back was the best of the original three, and it was also the one that Lucas has the least to do with. Lucas' script for A New Hope has lines like Obi Wan saying "The Force is what gives a Jedi his powers." while the script for Empire Strikes Back (which Lucas didn't write) has lines like Yoda's "The force is a jedi's ally...and a powerful ally it is. Its energy surrounds us and binds us." Then Lucas came back on board for Return of the Jedi, and brought us the Ewoks.

By the way, did you know that in the original script for Return of the Jedi Endor isn't an ewok planet, but a wookie planet? Lucas changed them to ewoks because he though it made the film more "family friendly." But the part of the story where they're able to defeat the stormtroopers makes a hell of a lot more sense if you know that they were originally supposed to be wookies. Also, in the original script Lando was supposed to die destroying the death star, saving the Rebellion and atoning for his betrayal in the previous movie. That's why Han wasn't on the Falcon during the final battle, and why Han has his line about "I have a funny feeling that's the last time I'll see it" while watching the Falcon fly off at the end of the movie - originally it was the last time he saw it. But again, Lucas cut it because he thought it was too down-beat.

Also, many of the best lines in New Hope and Return (like when Han responds to Leigh's "I love you" with "I know") were ad libbed by the actors and only kept in because others were able to convince Lucas that they were better than what was in the script. Now there isn't anyone to tell Lucas when he's being an idiot, so he's free to make the crap that he always wanted to make.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  22. superstring01 Moderator

Agreed. Lucas, like Roddenberry, was great at coming up with the idea, but horible at writing, directing and producing. Sometimes, the best thing to do is create the story, and let others flesh it out. It's a shame, because look what we got: fracking Jar Jar Binks.

~String

23. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I haven't seen it and I'm not going to, although I'm a huge SW fan. What's with the animated look? :bugeye:

I'd have preferred a KOTOR movie,with REAL people