Climate-gate

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Photizo, Nov 29, 2009.

1. brucep Valued Senior Member

When you go to my dictionary you'll find a picture of Limbaugh above 'extreme intellectual dishonesty'. Doesn't say much for americans when this self serving anti american knucklehead has the #1 show on the radio. He's a seditionist. There should be a law against making up bullshit and feeding it to folks over the radio. Wonder who he's going to blame it on when his beachfront properties are part of the local surf break. Probably some black guy named Obama.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. brucep Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

People wanna hear what they wanna hear.
    Once you can explain Limbaugh, you may wish to try Alex Jones.
    Why would people tune in day after day to prognostications of doom and disaster?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

People are already drinking their piss for the same reason.

8. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

What a copycat.

9. brucep Valued Senior Member

Probably because they're waiting for Jesus to come back to earth and deliver them to heaven. Guess what I don't get to go since I'm a secularist. LOL.

10. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Oh yeah... I've found a 1962 paper that appears to suggest that increased radiative flux feeding the growth of the Gulf of Alaska anticyclone could feed energy to the perturbation of the jet stream, encouraging the breakdown of the polar vortex.

11. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

12. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

The disruption of the polar vortex, and consequent winter storms,
    could cause weather which extended and prolonged the coverage of winter ice and snow.
    That's if it isn't a one-off weather event.
    The vortex is hedging in very low temperatures to the polar region, whereas all that is needed for snow and ice is zero degrees.
    I am not denying general global warming, or man made climate change, by the way.

13. wellwisher Banned Banned

Rush Limbaugh made the good point, if we assume global warming is causing the polar vortex to deepen the jet stream to make it colder, when it gets warmer in a few days and the stream changes to the opposite direction, then doesn't that mean the opposite is happening; global cooling on the vortex. If one action cause a reaction the opposite action should cause the opposite reaction. This is basic science/physics law of action and reaction, which may not apply to man made-up global warming.

The quotes I read above, attacking Rush, do the typical liberal attack messenger song and dance.

14. Grumpy Curmudgeon of Lucidity Valued Senior Member

wellwisher

Rush Limbaugh is a right wing ENTERTAINER. He is a Climate Change idiot. The reason the Arctic Vortex came south is the disruption of it's normal flow pattern caused by the jet streams meandering north. Surprise, it gets cold in winter! Meanwhile temperatures in Australian cities are above 120 F. The world warming just a few degrees changes weather patterns, the glaciers are melting, the sea levels are rising and you are still wrong.

Grumpy

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. brucep Valued Senior Member

By Liberal you mean folks who are intellectually honest and don't agree with the self serving nonsense that Rush Limbaugh spews incessantly. Your comment is the typical illiterate crank response. The liberals did it. Man-made up global warming. I haven't read one comment of yours in this forum that would convince me you have a clue about any subject. Much less science. You're the ideologue that has never seen a fact that disagrees with your juvenile scientifically illiterate analysis on any subject. You're such a pea brain that you want to classify everybody as liberal because they don't think like you. That means everybody is a liberal who has a functional brain. You assholes define a path to anarchy. Seditionists pretending to be conservative.

16. billvon Valued Senior Member

Now don't you attack Rush Limbaugh. He's one step below Jesus for most conservatives.

17. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

18. brucep Valued Senior Member

A political party, in the United States, being controlled by the opinion of illiterate sociopaths.

19. brucep Valued Senior Member

The real jesus or the phoney baloney one the fundamentalist think is coming to give them a ride to heaven? If the real one shows up the ideologues are in for a big surprise. In my opinion. LOL.

20. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

21. brucep Valued Senior Member

22. Write4U Valued Senior Member

In his presentation (rant) Michael Savage (Michael Weiner) refers to himself as a scientist several times and that his observations are from his "authority" on the subject, unlike Gore, who consulted with really qualified Climatologists, but makes no claims of personal authority on the subject.
    Moreover, he validated the illigal act of hacking as an act of God.

I took a quick peek at Savage's bio on wiki and he does indeed have several degrees, unfortunately none of them are in Climatology.
    Need I say more?

23. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Nope, that about says it all.

Herbal medicine is fine. Homeopathy on the other hand is right in woo-woo central.