Clarifying when mods are entitled to delete posts

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by scott3x, Apr 7, 2009.

1. John99 Banned Banned

Bells, what are you even talking about? you are fixated with this SAM thing and i have not seem people blame sam for what another indian does. no one here, including sam, should get free reign to unload a barrage of insults at specific groups of people.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John99 Banned Banned

the thing is that this is the issue with bias in that we only recognize it when it effect us.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

how many times has a poster come on here and claimed americans are stupid? sure i am american but hardly repersent americans so if i say somehting stupid i dont represent know on but myself. and tbh, just last week sam herself made a blanket statement about people from a specific country but i dont take it personally because i just figure the poster is having a bad day.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. scott3x Banned Banned

Beats me. You have an idea? I have a strong feeling that the majority of posters here are american though, so I don't think that such a poster would get very far with that. At the very least, I think it's safe to say that the majority of posters here could be classified as 'western society'.

I agree that muslims aren't the only ones who have been unfairly stereotyped. However, I think that due to the composition of this forum (as in, mainly non muslims and probably a majority americans) and events that have been (badly) interpreted, such as 9/11, I think it's fair to say that muslims bear more than their fair share of the criticisms here.

8. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Another one of my posts was deleted, accompanied by a warning for being 'off-topic, preaching' by Skinwalker. I will include both the posts and let the members judge in according to it.

I accept the deletion of this post. I don't think this is the problem. Why was I given a warning though? It seems rather excessive.