cirumcision poll

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Asguard, Jan 7, 2010.

?

when i reached the age of medical consent I...

1. Female: i chose to have the clit skin removed(FC)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Female: I chose NOT to have the Clit skin removed (FC)

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Male: I chose to have my forskin removed (MC)

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. Male: I chose NOT to have my forskin removed (MC)

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  5. Female: I chose to have more than just the skin removed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Male: I chose to have more than just the skin removed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other (god only knows what you would put under this but *shrug*)

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Good grief, that's a version I've never heard of. The Jewish ceremony is not painless but it is at least damn quick. When they do it to adults they use anesthesia.
    I know some apologists say it's no big deal in the grand scheme of things because women can get along without their clitoris. But more than one woman has told me that in her entire life the only way she was ever brought to orgasm was by oral stimulation of the clitoris.

I'll accept the hypothesis that I would be more sensitive if I still had my foreskin, but at least it still works. And I have to wonder how anyone could test that hypothesis.
    No, Azzy always tells the truth. He has just had a very strange life full of experiences the rest of us have never heard of. A true one-percenter.
    How about trying it in the vast swaths of this planet where men always get their way and women have very little control over their own lives? In Africa it's become a public health issue.
    He is saying that we enjoy it less than uncircumcised men. As I asked earlier, how do you set up that study?
    Huh??? I'm the Head Linguist around here and I make that my job. Why did I not receive this memo? I have zero respect for people who go ballistic over perceived insults that were merely bad English, or sarcasm, or any number of other perfectly legitimate things. Especially on a website where English is a second language for so many of our members. Apologize sincerely and it's over! And I have less than zero respect for people in authority who attempt to enforce rules like that.
    Let me catch up with the math here, just a minute, okay, got it. So if you have 100 sex partners in your life--not an unrealistic number for the younger generations of Americans before they even leave high school--the chances are very high that one of them was HIV-positive. Sure you can use condoms but most of us practice oral sex and while the transmission rate in that mode is lower it's still nowhere near zero.
    No. A recent study divulged that, at least in America, men are most insecure about their hair. The majority of the participants said they would sacrifice their erectile function if it would stop them from going bald.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2010
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

FR, I posted 4 links to articals on the links between poor oral health and Heart attack and stroke. Of course you might actually have to read the thread to know that rather than just making quick offhand comments and that would require some effort

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2010
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

That thing, the glans, is like a fucking ball of nerves.

Analogous to the tip of a woman's clitoris. I think you would "whine" if someone cut off the skin covering yours when you were a newborn.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

yes, but the glans isn't removed in a circumcision. :bugeye:

8. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

I think vi's point is that the resultant increase in exposure serves to desensitize those nerve clusters. This is well known.

9. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Yes.

10. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

ta

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I was hesitant to 'speak' for you there, but the point seemed clear to me..

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

:shrug: I don't understand. If you run your tongue over a man's glans I'm pretty dang sure he feels it. Is he gonna be upset that he should feel it more. How much more does he need to feel?

How do you compare the two?

12. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Sure he'll feel it. But the cut guy will invariably feel it 'less', as opposed to the non-cut guy...

Ah, well, that would require some experimentation on your part...

lol

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

orleander, if its so unimportant for sensitive glands to be covered (ignoring the fact that there are so many nerve endings in the skin itself as well) then why dont you go to a doctor and have the covering removed from your clit? After all its not important right?

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

as an adult!?

I really don't have a need for any part of my body to be more sensitive than it already is
    And I don't have a clit. I have a clitoris. pffft...medical classes my ass.

15. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Just because he was uncircumcised? Why? During an erection there really isn't a difference except the skin isn't as tight around the penis.

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I find it to be unattractive. It has a lot to do with how it looks when flaccid. I don't want to touch, kiss, etc it to get it aroused. blech
    It would be like licking a hairy butt. Or kissing a mouth with no teeth

17. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Oh. I get that. I won't kiss anyone's penis, that grosses me out. Unless it's clean and I wash it myself.

even then I still don't like doing it.

18. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I can believe that. Men are very sensitive about losing their hair.

19. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Mod Hat - Battle damage assessment

Mod Hat — Battle damage assessment

The final count:

• 22 posts deleted
    • 6 posts edited​

Okay, people: Be decent. Be useful. Be intelligent.

• • •​

A note for Anti-Flag:

Sorry, man. Personally, I thought it was hilarious. But between insulting content and off-topic, I mark some deletions as, "No contribution to discussion", and in trying to be fair about that, I was unable to convince myself that my amusement constituted a contribution to the thread. And, if you happened to notice in the interval between posting and deletion, someone clearly missed the joke.

20. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Well to the first question I don't know. To the second I think its cultural which is why I made the remark about Sex in the City episode. In Europe most men are not 'skinned' and I find them neither 'dirty' nor sexually uncomfortable. I've done both. The bit of skin does help

There are other ways to protect yourself from herpes and AIDS that does not require an early snipping. Does circumcision protect one from ever contracting AIDS? No not at all. Personally I would never snip a son but its not culturally normal for me to think that snipping is necessary.

21. phlogistician Banned Banned

I am cut. I had to be, mine was restricting the flow of urine as it was too tight.

But I have been told by a couple of ex gf's that they could do stuff to me, that would uncut men writhing in ecstasy, so I do feel I'm missing out. At least on a small part of skin, and I'd rather not have the scar either.

The point of the analogy however, isn't to make a 1:1 comparison, but rather to get females to consider how they'd feel if their genitals were surgically altered, scarred, or less sensitive. I don't think many people would volunteer to have scarred genitals.

22. phlogistician Banned Banned

John, really, do you have a mental health problem?

Think of it like amputation. You can live with one leg. I broke my leg quite badly once, there was a risk of infection if I had corrective surgery, because my lower leg needed filleting to put the bone back together. My doctor decided the risk was too great, vs just sweating the time out in various casts, and I spent 5 months in corrective casts all told. Risk/benefit of medical action that could have ended in amputation. Got that?

Now, contrast that with someone who just wanted to cut their leg off.

HAVING to have something done because of direct medical need is very different from getting it done 'just in case' especially when the action involves surgically removing body parts.

23. phlogistician Banned Banned

How about instead of answering for a circumcised man, you answer the question I asked you?