cirumcision poll

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Asguard, Jan 7, 2010.

?

when i reached the age of medical consent I...

1. Female: i chose to have the clit skin removed(FC)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Female: I chose NOT to have the Clit skin removed (FC)

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Male: I chose to have my forskin removed (MC)

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. Male: I chose NOT to have my forskin removed (MC)

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  5. Female: I chose to have more than just the skin removed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Male: I chose to have more than just the skin removed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other (god only knows what you would put under this but *shrug*)

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

(guffaw!)

I'm just going to marvel at that statement.

Never needs to worry about HIV in the first place ....

Fucking awesome.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Yep.

It's just not even worth it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I am not sure what is going to happen. When he goes for his next physical I will see what she says. Like I said there is NO rush to do anything at the moment because he can pee just fine and isn't in any pain. He is still only going to be 9 this March.

Well you should make a poll for the women here to find out. I personally find a cut one looks better.

I don't believe that you have never met 1 woman who didn't find a circumcised penis more attractive. Either that or you haven't met many women.

Are you circumcised? (sorry if you mentioned it, I missed it)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

It's a long and painful procedure, but phimosis can be treated the same way vaginismus is. Just by stretching the skin, but it's not a lot of fun and requires time and patience. When I worked at a clinic, most men with it decided to do it the hard way, because circumcision scared them, but it would have been faster.

8. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Marvel on. I know this is hard to take in Tiassa and Ben, but most people don't have AIDS in the USA. Most people will never get AIDS in the USA. Less than 1% of the population of the USA carries HIV and those who do are typically involved in unsafe sex practices in the first place. So far, the most compelling reason anyone has provided in favor of circumcision is the prevention of an illness that the vast, vast, VAST majority easily avoid and remain unscathed by in spite of circumcision posturing. Truth be told, in European states where circumcision is *not* the norm, they have lower rates of HIV than we in the USA do. So... then, what are you suggesting..? That we amputate parts of our bodies, instead of just wearing a rubber..?

Maybe if we cut off our ears, then we won't get as many ear infections. Who wants to be first..? I'll go get my scalpel.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

This HIV argument is yet another grasping attempt by circumcised men, to find some sort of validation for what has been done to them. The way to avoid AIDS is to (1) wear rubbers and (2) don't screw skanks.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

(Insert Title Here)

Give it a try. Let us know how it goes.

Actually, the only time I ever hear about this argument, it's from someone who doesn't like circumcision. I figure the argument comes either from circumcised men who are desperate to view themselves as victims of some horrible wrong—or else have neurotically repressed their feminine aspects, such that they envy the attention given to clitoridectomy—or uncircumcised men insecure about their penises.

10. WillNever Valued Senior Member

So far, the only men who have revealed themselves to be insecure about the foreskins of their penises are all circumcised, Tiassa.

In the USA, circumcision is on the decline. Less than 50% of the male children born last year have been circumcised. I expect that we'll see that number continue to decrease, as more and more people begin to realize just how antiquated and unnecessary it is. It is this fact that spurs aged men such as madanthonywayne to periodically create a thread listing what are -- in the final analysis -- remote and meaningless benefits of circumcision. The majority of males from his generation have been circumcised, due to old fashioned Jewish doctors who surreptitiously urged naive young couples to have it done in the name of "hygiene," and he is acting on that ego-related basis.

PS -- when erect, the difference in appearance between a circumcised and an uncircumcised penis is almost nothing, because the foreskin almost completely retracts during an erection.

11. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I thought men were more insecure about size then anything else? :shrug:

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

This and that

So you say. And we all know how reliable that is.

• • •​

Aesthetics matters to a certain degree, too. When I was a teenager there used to be this letter that popped up in various advice columns; Ask Beth, Dear Abby, and even a couple of women's (or teen girls') magazines. It went something like,

Dear ______

I am a 17 year old male whose penis curves to the left. This is embarrassing, because all the guys in the locker room call me "Curveball". What can I do?

I mean, at least they didn't call him "hook".

And, in truth, I've seen a few ugly penises in my day. And, hell, I used to shave myself bald downstairs because I couldn't stand the look of my pubic hair. I probably picked that up as a teenager, sitting behind the starting blocks at the swim meet, stopwatch in hand, a swimmer bent over on the blocks with tufts of hair sticking out of his Speedo and running down his legs.

And I love that line of young Stewie Griffin's when he's reading The Joy of Sex with his older self: "Apparently the razor wasn't invented until sometime in the eighties."

And it's true. Some of those drawings featured mondo bush. On both men and women. Yig.

13. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

With the obvious exception of mine, I've maybe seen 3 penises in my life....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2010
  14. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Who knows. I think he was referring to insecurity due to circumcision.

15. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I can't understand some women thinking a cut one looks better.

I would be majorly grossed out by a circumcised penis.

16. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Why?

Personal ??? Have you only been with uncircumcised men?

wow you have seen almost more then me. LOL

come on 3? What about change rooms, washrooms.........

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2010
  17. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Yes.

Because lack of a foreskin would look mutilated.

18. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Hmmm see I am the opposite. I think an uncut penis looks strange.

Ok the ugly penises you are referring to, were they cut, uncut or a combination?

That's gross!!! lucky one of his balls wasn't hanging out.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

lol

I rarely actually venture into public change rooms.
    As for washrooms, well, there is this hidden code among men: we don't look.

20. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Oddly enough, that's exactly what I thought the first time I saw one...

21. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Something something something penis

Combination. My only real objection to the idea of an uncircumcised penis is personal insofar as I enjoy performing fellatio, and while I've never gone down on an uncut cock, um ... how do I put this? Ooo-ooh, that smell! Can't you smell that smell?

I'm pretty sure this isn't uniform to all uncircumcised men, but it leaves a hell of an impression.

But there are all sorts of factors. Shape, curve, skin texture. Moles, birthmarks, and other lumps and bumps. I remember the first time I saw an uncircumcised penis was when I was in elementary school, after a swim lesson. I thought there was something wrong with it. Thinking back, as best as I am able—or, perhaps, can stand—I'm guessing it's that he wasn't that healthy of a kid to begin with. Poor circulation or something. But his penis was this glaring, blotchy reddish-purple.

Somebody would have said something about that. You know. Public pool. High school. That sort of thing.

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I chose for my son to be circumcised. He's never whined about it interfering with his sex life.
    I think if you have a good sex life you don't really bother dwelling on what happened when you were a newborn.
    If you have a bad sex life, its easier to blame your circumcision then your lack of technique.

Oh, and I've never had sex with an uncircumcised man. I have refused to though

23. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

im still reading through this thread (i love the irony that of all the threads i have created THIS is the one which jumps to 8 pages overnight, ammusing concidering the people who are saying this is of no concern to anyone)

I belive i responded to this earlier either in this thread or the other one but its got nothing to do with africa being "full of niggers" as you have said. ALL medical studies must be checked for comparitability to the country which you are in (spend quite a lot of time justifying use of overseas studies in my uni papers) for various reasons. In the case of AIDs studies the reasons are quite ovious. You arnt dealing with the same virus in the US, UK, canda, Australia as you are in africa. I cant rember which way around it goes so i appologise if i have the strain names backwards, i THINK HIV-1 is the US strain but im not sure. Anyway the US strain is highly virulant and quite easerly transmitted and shows NO significant difference in chances of infection between circumsised males and uncirumsised ones. The cochrane study i was reading was quite emphatic about that fact that there is no good reason based on HIV transmission in developed countries to cirumcise because it provides no imunity at all. It also called into question its use for the African strain (which tends to be transmitted female-male and back and is much less easerly contracted) when compared to condom programs because the benifts it found were quite low benifits (5-10%) compared to 90% for condoms.