Church will burn Quran

Discussion in 'World Events' started by baftan, Aug 1, 2010.

1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Perhaps, the superficiality you claim on my part is just ignorance or naivety on yours.

Of course, such is the hypocrisy of believers everywhere. They will wield the bible or the quran in your direction spouting this verse and that, but will never acknowledge passages that which contradict their own personal beliefs. Usually, when we "delve deeper into such issues, we find the believer knows little of their own scriptures and have passed on the beliefs of their parents and peers.

Damn rights it's a problem, a huge problem. Not only does it promote ignorance and fear and suppress thinking, it provides the believer with justification to act accordingly to their own agendas.

In other words, you're saying that the fine details within the perceptions of believers in their gods and scriptures makes all the difference in the world, despite the fact the impact of their combined efforts has caused wars with each other and within their own sects.

No T, it is not the issue of any particular Quaker, Catholic, Southern Baptist or Muslim, it is the entire concept of a belief system in invisible super friends that is the problem. You may be deluded into believing that one religions invisible super friend can beat up another based on the details, but that's all just bullshit. The insanity lies simply within the belief of an invisible super friend, who cares whether or not the super friend is an old man in a beard or a giant lizard. That is entirely irrelevant.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Well, in these harsh economic times, burning books is a good way to keep warm.

I'm sure if they're worth their salt as good Christians, they would burn ALL books they can get their hands on, save for the Bible. All other literature is the work of Satan.

And I should know, having authored every other book.:mufc:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

What the hell does that mean?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

What the Hell, indeed!

8. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Ja'far, I was still curious as to your ideas on this scenario:

Suppose you born in Japan in the year 1100. You had never heard of Islam and were never taught to believe in a one God. Instead you were raised a Buddhist and taught to believe in the Shinto Gods and Goddesses.

If that had been your life, do you think you'd wholeheartedly believe those Gods and Goddesses to be real?

9. Bert Registered Member

10. Bert Registered Member

This is a good question. and i await jafars answer

11. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Well, we may have to wait a moment longer.

Since we are, what about you?

For me, I suppose I'd be somewhat a-religious, as that seems to be my individual nature - but I'm pretty sure I, along with millions of other people of Japan, would just believe in the existence of Gods and Goddesses. I've never read any historical evidence to suggest too many common folk were "Atheist" (if any at all) in Japan.

As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure if I was born and raised in the 1100s in an "Islamic" Nation, then I'd probably be Muslim. Again, not the most religious, but if millions of people believed, I'd probably believe as well.

I'd say my skepticism is more a fortunate coincidence of being born in a time and place where questioning things is actually allowed. Rewind the clock but 200 years and things could have been very very different.

12. Adstar Valued Senior Member

13. Bert Registered Member

I probably agree with your point.

Like for example, adstar actually believes what he says, just as jafar believes in what he says...but if the tides were turned, if jafar had been born a christian and adstar had been born a muslim, then they would most likely have continued to follow that paths.

generally the more "open" sort like me and you would question their beliefs and try to find answers, whereas other will believe in what their father and mother believed whether it was christianity, islam, judaism or even atheism.
    And in these situations, where you've only experienced one community (i.e: adstars dominant christian community or jafar's dominant muslim community) and your parents are of that religion, then your beliefs will be the same.
    to sort of fit in i guess or be contained "in a bubble" and not to be an outcast.
    if adstar had been born to an atheist mother and father, and the community he was a part of was generally agnostic/atheist, then he too would probably be atheist.

...It's very interesting. lol

14. Bert Registered Member

15. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Yeah, theists mostly don't like to contemplate a scenario that suggests their belief is purely a product of their surroundings. For me, that's one of the reasons why I'm not religious. It's pretty obvious to see the connections. That's probably why theists are theists - for whatever reasons they try hard NOT to think rationally about these things. Which is impossible for others of us.

16. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Bert

Jesus said:

Matthew 5
    43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so?

If those guys who beat you up believed Jesus, then they would never have beaten you up. Obviously they did not follow what Jesus taught them. And therefore they where not true Christians.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Burning the Quran

OK, if I was a Christian, this man would embarrass me (kinda like Fred Phelps). He says he wants to burn them "because it espouses something other than biblical truth" Damn! Don't lots and lots of books espouse something other than Biblical truth??

I just wanna strangle him with his WWJD bracelet

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The government turned up the pressure Tuesday on the head of a small Florida church who plans to burn copies of the Quran on Sept. 11, warning him that doing so could endanger U.S. troops and Americans everywhere.

But the Rev. Terry Jones insisted he would go ahead with his plans, despite criticism from the top U.S. general in Afghanistan, the White House and the State Department, as well as a host of religious leaders.

Jones, who is known for posting signs proclaiming that Islam is the devil's religion, says the Constitution gives him the right to publicly set fire to the book that Muslims consider the word of God....

18. IamJoseph Banned Banned

Villification and promoting mass murder is not freedom of speech - specially if it is presented as a belief.

All scriptures that villify others should be banned. This will eventually happen - else humanity cannot go forward. This will apply to all religions - but not all will survive this law. Only the survivors will take humanity forward.

19. Adstar Valued Senior Member

What you are saying is that anyone who stands up for their beliefs will be banned/ eliminated. You have just confirmed what i believe. In the end times anyone who is a true Christian will be eliminated.

20. Adstar Valued Senior Member

The elites who succeeded in getting approval for the ground zero mosque have succeeded in their real plan. Outwardly they proclaim it as a show of acceptance in the best politically correct traditions, but inwardly they knew it would be for many a provocation that could not be ignored and now they have seceded in provoking protests and now this quran burning.

This is exactly what they wanted.

To add fuel to the fire to stir up hatred. fear and anger, to inspire more anti islamic feelings on one side and more anti western feelings on the other.

You see they got to keep the hate alive and burning for them to succeed in their plans. So the plans to build the mosque on ground zero have had the exact opposite end effect then what the PC elites publicly stated it would. But for the evil elites it's having the effect they truly desired.

Another score for the servants of satan.

21. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Interesting.

What do you think about Native American polytheism faiths? Is it equally valid with Judaism?

22. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Oh, go to youtube type in Burn Koran and I'm sure you'll find videos of people burning the Qur'an - Why is the media feeding this Troll?

23. IamJoseph Banned Banned

?

There is nothing I know which is of equally valid monotheism with Judaism. There is Judaism and there are others. Sounds pompous, except it is the pristine and disdained truth.