Christianity is based on substitutionary atonement. Is it a moral religion?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Greatest I am, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Sylvester Registered Senior Member

My summation is the OP is a nothing more than a common whore. Nothing more, nothing less.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. BIGFOOT Registered Senior Member

Man is a salve anyway, who must choose his Master. If you do not recognize this obvious fact, you will expose yourself to exploitation. Choose God and he will direct your steps towards freedom.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

I am not a slave. No matter what you babble or how many times you babble it. No 1 is my master & never will be. You are obviously not omniscient & you have no way of knowing most of what you say about people you do not know. You seem to be a slave to delusion. The christian god is clearly anti freedom & if you cannot see that, you need to take off your godglasses. We CANNOT choose something we do not know exists.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

That's not true at all. There's a significant difference between a character dying in a story, and people actually being killed in real life.

On that we can agree.

8. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

Yes you are. You're a slave to yourself...your lusts, personality weaknesses, etc. that cause you to endlessly repeat the same behaviors over and over again. There is only One Person Who can free you from such slavery, His Name is Jesus Christ.

9. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

No. I am not a slave. Foolish to lie to me about me concerning something you cannot possibly know. I do not need to be freed from anything. Figments of your imagination cannot do anything.

10. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Has Jesus freed you from you'r lusts.???

11. BIGFOOT Registered Senior Member

He shows you the way to salvation, so that you might be saved on your last day.

12. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Saved from what.

13. Seattle Valued Senior Member

What good would "saving" someone on their last day do? Is he trying to fool himself?

You have a bunch of bad ideas. Wouldn't it be better to just deal with reality?

14. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

It is in real life that Christians are advocating that children who are believed by their more foolish and ignorant adherents to be witches must die.

The church leaves that idiocy in their bibles even as it gets children murdered.

Nice religion that. Not.

Regards
    DL

15. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Promoting the embracing of human sacrifice and the notion that it is somehow good justice to punish the innocent instead of the guilty is immoral. Stop doing so.

Regards
    DL

16. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

God loves the sweet savor of burning flesh.

17. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

That is what I hear. It is not his most endearing quality.

Regards
    DL

18. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

LOL What is?

19. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

The only quality I find with bible God is that he is absentee.

The only thing more immoral than his policies would be him being here to enforce it.

Regards
    DL

20. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Yes those are my beliefs also;;; its perty neat to do what you want all you'r life an then get saved on you'r last day.!!!

21. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

LMAO
    I & others have said that but not in such a hilarious way.

22. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

Jesus said to pick up your cross and follow him but I see that you have taken the line that someone else should pay your dues. Quite manly and moral that. Not.

Do you really think someone else can pay your dues and allow you to shirk your just reward?

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) “Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

The declaration which says that God visits the sins of the fathers upon the children is contrary to every principle of moral justice. [Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason]

As above so below.

If you had God's power, would you not be able to find a way that does not go against the wisdom of Jesus and the bible?

Perhaps like being man enough to step up to your own demands for a worthy sacrifice?

That is what a good God would do.

Regards
    DL

23. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Well... when you put it like that

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

By God you'r right... an one of the reasons my religion is the best... we change our beliefs when we realize that ther wrong... an im so thankful to the church (NACA) i found several years ago.!!!

A-Man.TTT