"Christianism"?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by TruthSeeker, Jun 19, 2007.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

This post: http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=1444624&postcount=665

So... she claims she is a "Christian". Is that how Christians behave? If so, can they really call themselves Chiristians? After all, Jesus said:

"John 13:35
    By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

...and...

"1 John 3-6
    3 We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. 4 The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did. "

This is what Jesus would say to sandy....

"And now I plead with you, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment to you, but that which we have had from the beginning: that we love one another."
    -- 2 John 1:5

Why are there so many "Chirstians" like sandy? Are they the ones who the Bible warns us about? The ones who are from babylon? Who claim to follow God but lead people astray instead? The wolf disguised as sheep? Is that what fundamentalist Christianism is all about?

Discuss.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

and she's buuuuuyyying a staiiiirway to hea-ven.....

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Because people do not read the Bible as searchers for the truth, they decide truth first, then read it as lawyers looking for loopholes to justify their truth and condemn others.

Don't get me wrong, I think people SHOULD decide their own truths, but then, when they try and justify that dishonestly with the Bible, that's when they become hypocrites.

I think maybe it is the social pressure and need to conform to Christianity that does it.
    People learn that if you are against God and Jesus, then you are evil and wrong, so they try and find ways to live their lives they want to, and still be able to wear that badge.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Another scripture to destify the foolishness of that woman.

"1 John 9-11
    9 Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. 10 Whoever loves his brother lives in the light, and there is nothing in him[c] to make him stumble. 11 But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness; he does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded him. "

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

True. Sad, isn't it?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I absolutely cannot stand such lack of integrity. It's so incredibly frustrating to see such thing in this planet......

9. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

Are you seriously saying that preventing illegal immigration is anti-christian? St. Paul himself appealed to the Emperor based on his Roman citizenship. Citizenship he wouldn't have had, if he was for letting all the illegals into the Empire.

10. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

"Letting the illegals into the Empire"??
    Where the hell do you get this?

Rome wanted every person to be part of the Empire.
    When they conquered a city, they brought all the people who survived into the Roman fold.
    They were trying to conquer the world - a world that would have a single government and no such thing as national borders.

Regardless, Jesus preached equality and compassion for all people.

11. John99 Banned Banned

Christians are like everyone dummy. Being ignorant is not something to be proud of, do you know that?

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Since in essence those who believe in orthodox Christianity are the permanently credulous, then they also tend to be easily fooled by certain political ideologies. It isn't even Christianity itself that fuels their attitudes, it's just the status quo, going with the crowd, a mob mentality that's afraid to grasp the real implications of Jesus' revolutionary thought.

13. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

spider,
    I LOVE the new Avatar!

14. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

First Century Rome certainly did not want every person to be part of the Empire. The peoples they conquered were killed or became slaves, i.e. booty. Roman citizenship was a valuable privilege - not given away lightly. Rome also conquered to exploit and steal the wealth of neighbors, as well as to demonstrate the power of the Emporer to his rivals. Roman citizenship was far more valuable than American citizenship.
    Jesus did not advocate violation of Roman law. He said give to Ceasar what is Ceasar's - and to God what is God's. Jesus would not have said America must open its borders and allow in all comers despite our laws.

15. John99 Banned Banned

I dont know what your trying to say John. The Roman empire had a desire to survive, like everything else. After Rome was built it would have lasted what maybe a year or even five years before annihilation?

This is from a link i found:

Those shows on T.V are not accurate at all.

16. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

What does that have to do with Christianism? :bugeye:

What she said is anti-christian. That's what this thread is about. Stay on topic, please...:bugeye:

17. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I'm so ignorant I accurately pointed out she does not behave like what Jesus would call a "Christian"...

You are obviously the one being ignorant here. So if I were you, I would quietly leave the room or say something intelligent, FAST!

18. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Nice avatar.

19. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I love it too. It's perfect!

Too bad that's not the real pic of sandy...

20. Warrior61 I saw the Light Registered Senior Member

So whats wrong with what she said? Who said she doesn't love them? If she did not love them then that would be a violation but if she does she hasn't violated anything. Please explain what wrong has been done.

Thank you, His Son,
    ><>Warrior61<><

21. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

So... she wishes them to get "their asses fried" and that's ok? Nothing wrong with that? Oh yeah! SOunds very loving to me!

Oh please! What's the difference between getting asses fried or heads beheaded? I mean... not much eh?

22. John99 Banned Banned

youve lost your marbles.

23. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

She did, actually.