China's Gun Control Policy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Facial, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

airavata

And have much smaller populations, but are they any safer?

Permanent Mission of Sweden to the United Nations - 8 October 2002
    I would like to give two examples - young Moslems victimised after September 11 and young women who become victims of honour killings. The attacks on ...
    http://www.swedenabroad.com/pages/general____13137.asp

Winds Of Jihad » Blog Archive » New Catmeat Mufti in Denmark ...
    New Catmeat Mufti in Denmark: Women risk becoming a victim of an attack if they don’t adapt ... Get rid of the moslems and lower the rape statistics. ...
    http://sheikyermami.com/2007/03/29/...-they-dont-adapt-themselves-and-wear-a-hijab/

Gates of Vienna: Muslim Violence — Crime or Jihad?
    Either a few Moslems settled on the outskirts of a Zoroastrian village, ... At least 139 schools in Sweden suffered arson attacks during 2002 alone, ...
    http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2007/03/muslim-violence-crime-or-jihad.html

moslem immigrants rape white women
    Story after story of violent attacks against young girls, and yet French media ... riot, beg, steal cars, burn cars, rape girls, or even marry Moslem women? ...
    http://www.cwporter.com/mosrape.htm

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Jeez, now you're dragging your hatred of Muslims into this.

You say that but how much time have you spent arguing with BR? /

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Nickelodeon, no those were the first article that came up.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Riiiiight.

Jeez if Buffalo Roam told me the sky was blue, shit, I'd have to check it out for myself. Twice!

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Nickelodeon, the sky is blue.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Don't worry, there is no sky only space, its not blue, thats a trick of the light, cause its black at night.

10. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

A couple questions:

1) Did gun crime go down in NY after they instated their tough gun control laws?
    2) Why? Was it gun control or the strict enforcement of the law? (I read even jay walkers were fined?)
    3) What is the most lethal type of gun I can buy?
    4) Why can't I buy a RPG or a modern day equivalent to a gaitling gun?
    5) Is anyone here against owning hunting rifles?

Anyway, as long as the majority of Americans want to own guns then we will have laws that say we can own them. That's the way it should be. My family own a lot of guns. Not for protection but for sport, hunting and fun. The sport and fun is in skeet shooting which we usually do in the backyard and the hunting is probably the main manner in which I ate meat while growing up. Basically we took about 10 deer or so a season. That said, I am happy to have very very strict laws concerning gun ownership and am happy that in cities, like NY, people must keep their guns in a city deposit or local shooting club. Of course in the country that's a different story.

Just some things to think about,
    Michael

11. xty1234 Registered Member

I will say, you know nothing about Chinna, I am a Chinese citizen. It is very secure in my home town and speech is free there.

12. xty1234 Registered Member

In my city which is called Wuxi,many people will not be able to see a real gun in their whole life, and the police will not bring gun with them unless there is something urgent happening.

13. xty1234 Registered Member

according to your word, I can tell that you live in jungle. lol

14. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

haha... yes, that's called the USA

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I've been to China, I don't see any need of Chinese for guns. If they don't want to legalize guns, then they needn't do so. But, Americans like to own guns. We like to think there'll come a day when we'll need to use them to defend ourselves against something (more than likely... ourselves!!).

Lastly, this thread is from 2007.

15. xty1234 Registered Member

thanks,cause I m writing an easy about it. and I just saw it.
    I do not understand why you guys need gun. Wanna have a headshot for the bank robbers? or get ready to fight against criminals? if so it will make people crazy. presonal opinion

16. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Hunting for one thing. But, also we have a tradition that having a gun will keep the government in check. Americans think there will come a day when the government goons, probably the TSA, will come to take away out liberty. When they day comes Americans think their tiny guns will protect them. In reality, if the government turned on the US army loose on Americans, they decimate any puny guns Americans might have.

So, I suppose a lot of it is simply tradition. Frankly, I'm not so much worried about guns, one way or another. I have had guns pointed at me. I have never been shot. I presently do not own a gun, but, most everyone in my family has one. I suppose if I lived in a very dangerous area, maybe I'd feel safer with a gun? I don't, so I don't own one.

17. xty1234 Registered Member

yea,thats the point, cause even if you own one, you will not able to be ready for fighting with criminals any time. And I doubt if thee is any one believe they can overthrow government with rifle. Maybe in the first few years when US government just set up it is not unbelievable, but not now.

18. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Plus we can vote out our representatives. If Americans end up living under a fascist state, it'd be of our of making (hell, maybe we do

As for guns in general. I'm not that worried about getting shot by someone with a gun. However, America is a dangerous place and if you live in a slum, there's a reasonable chance you could end up being shot and/or knifed.

19. xty1234 Registered Member

thanks al lot Iv done my easy and it is a intertwined problem lets keep our own idea.lol,and nice to meet you

20. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Yes, this is true. We vote them in and out.
    But the ones we are allowed to elect are all corporate-interest stooges.

My own opinion is that actual democracy's not taking place here.
    I'm sure you disagree with that, and you have every right to...:shrug:

21. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

Laws effect culture. Culture is the direct link to gun crimes.

Where I grew up it was very cool to own and use guns. I would go to sleep every night listening to the sounds of shot guns, automatics etc. being tested in the projects. My first girlfriend had a laser-aimed gun pointed at her in school because the kids thought it was cool to mess around. Another brought his brand new Glock to 7th grade and pulled it on my friend just to mess around. Once there was a school shooting and a kid a few grades higher than me got it 6 or 7 times, but luckily lived.

However in Switzerland it is completely the opposite mentality. Screwing around with guns isn't cool - it's immature. Men go through a month of military training every year, instilling a sense of honor and privilege with their guns. They then bring them home and keep them cleaned for the rest of the year. They have good pride in that. Guns are not cool to mess around with, they are to protect the country as an honorable duty.

Different cultures treat guns differently. Yeah you can actually blame rap culture for this one in many ways, or gangster rap more specifically.