China vs India Water, Brahmaputra River Diversion

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Buffalo Roam, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

India and China are the up and coming Kids on the block in Asia, and they have different ideas of what is in the best interest of their Countries.

Everybody is crowing about;

Well I see a war coming up for resources in Asia, the major resource being water.

Global Warming, wether man made of natural is changing weather patterns.
    there is already a water shortage in Asia, and the Chinese need more water for drinking, farming, industrial expansion, and current industrial needs.

India needs water for drinking, they have a exploding population problem, farming, they need to feed that growing population, they need it for industrial expansion, and current industrial needs.

China is in the process of diverting the Brahmaputra's waters for use in the northern provinces of China.

Saturday, July 7, 2007
    China and India Fight Over Water

Yes what I see is that this;

is nothing more that the, Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, before WWII that set the stage for the destruction of Poland, Tibet has already been destroyed, and the water resources for the area are now in Chinese control.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Because there is a need to discuss what are the real facts of the, Impact of Water, on the history and future of Asia and the world, we have the two largest countries in the world border to border, competing for resources, and the most important resource in Asia is Water, and who controls it.

Asia already is short of water and it isn't going to get any better, and with out water, economic growth is not sustainable.

Also what are the political implications of the Fact that China controls the source for the 9 of the 10 main sources of water in Asia.

The only source of water that India controls is the Ganges it is the only river on the south side of the Hymilia Mountians that is controled by India, not a good place to be in, Indias goals are at the expence of China, and Chinas goals are at the expence of India, and China has the knife that can cut the Indian throat,

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The map show it all, and China is in the Cat Bird seat.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Mods, please merge with other thread. A separate one is pretty pointless.

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Which thread do you think it should be merged with?

History is and has been decided by resources, and all wars are about resources, or religion, as China is Atheistic this war will be about resources, and as demonstrated China has control over the main sources of water in Asia, so why won't there be a major chance for war, with India, especially if China diverts the Brahmaputra.

Once China completes that project, they will go on to the next project, and which river will change its course? China need water, and to divert that water out of Tibet in and will be in their best national interest.

9. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

The one I linked.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Well its a good thing we have an entire ministry dedicated to it then

http://wrmin.nic.in/

Not to mention the NIS and fifteen other organisations

Central Water Commission, New Delhi
    Central Ground Water Board, Faridabad
    Central Water And Power Research Station, Pune
    Central Soil And Materials Research Station, New Delhi
    National Water Development Agency, New Delhi
    National Institute Of Hydrology, Roorkee
    Brahmaputra Board, Guwahati
    Water And Power Consultancy Services (India) Ltd.,New Delhi
    Ganga Flood Control Commission, Patna
    Narmada Control Authority, Indore
    Sardar Sarovar Construction Advisory Committee, Vadodara
    Farakka Barrage Project, Farakka
    Betwa River Board, Jhansi
    Bansagar Control Board, Madya Pradesh
    National Projects Construction Corporation, Ltd., New Delhi

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

And China controls the Tibetan plateau, which is the source of 9 of the 10 rivers in Asia, what are water boards in India going to do about Chinas actions in their own territory?

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

We'll use the Asian way.

13. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

S.A.M. I have 50,000 acers of Flordia land I can let you have cheep.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You're not Asian. I would never trust a redneck American. In foreign (and domestic) policy they have shown themselves to be liars and back stabbers, without honor where treaties are concerned.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  15. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

So then explain Tibet? It is not and never was part of China, but when China decided, Tibet became part of China, why? did the Chinese take a long view of History? and the need for control of water resources?

Now tell me how Honorable China is after Tibet.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Tibet is a separate issue, I have no sympathy for monks who exploit the people.

Me, I would rather see farmers and laborers provided for

Besides, secularism is better than fundamentalism. Liberating the masses, like you're attempting in Iraq and Iran.

17. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

No S.A.M. Tibet isn't a separate Issue, it is the Issue, and the reason is that it is the head waters of 9 of the 10 fresh water rivers in Asia, and it's controlled by China, and will be to suit their own purposes.

But for you its OK for the Imma and Ayatollahs to do so?

And the Chinese provide for the Farmers and laborers?

Huge China dam costly to farmers - The Boston Globe
    According to farmers displaced by the project, local officials routinely ... of the 1.2 million people being moved off their land to make room for the dam's ...
    http://www.boston.com/news/world/articles/2006/12/25/huge_china_dam_costly_to_farmers/

Your are right to many have been murdered in the name of Islam.

18. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Another BIG worry is that the Himalayas are losing a lot of their snow in melt water that is not being replaced - in the future, so I read, the mountains may not have much of any water locked in them. Both countries will probably be totally screwed if this happens too fast.

And, as I saw today on the BBC, both countries said they will NOT cooperate on the CO2 reduction as equal partners with the West and Japan. Add tothis India is doing nothing to slow down their population growth. Shit will hit the fan in the next century.

19. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I think that Asia has enough for a lot of people but not enough for the Billions and Billions of people IF those people want to live a decent healthy and good life. Population control is one part that is not addresses in India or SE Asia at all. Also, if the water run off is really reduced there is no amount of help or aid that can be given. It's impossible to magically make water appear. And people us a LOT of water. I worry about Asia in this regards but I hope everything does work out and shit doesn't hit the fan.

Of the two countries China is in a much more strategic position.

20. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

It won't be in the next century, it will be in the next decade maybe two.

21. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I suppose it's a minor issue, but the Hidden Falls gorge dam on the Brahmaputra River would be an ecological disaster. That river carries an extremely heavy silt and rock flour load, from its steep drop, and would fill up the head lake in short time, meanwhile the as yet little damaged ecosystem of the gorge involved (the deepest and longest on the planet) would be trashed.

We nature mystics have to weigh in on this, if we can.

22. John99 Banned Banned

Question:

How did these populations get so out of control?

23. John99 Banned Banned

Its not that simple, these are litters. Reminds me of all these fertility drugs that produces litters of people.