China preparing for armed conflict 'in every direction'

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Brian Foley, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

I searched the Chinese Party and Military press and haven't found this provocative interview yet. I say this is propaganda after China warned the US to around the USS George Washington from the U.S.-Korea naval exercise in the Yellow Sea.

(Note to the United States Secretary of Defence Mr Robert Gates that the US is already in conflict in many directions.)

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Doesn't sound very controversial to me.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Wat (er... Gates?) The USA must be preparing for War in (on) Every Direction, and also in 6 more hyperspace ones too, then:

U.S.A. Military Expenditures 2009: $663,255,000,000.
    China Military Expenditures 2009: $98,800,000,000.

http://www.sipri.org/databases/milex

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

What sort of skewed statistic is that?

I have no doubt that the cost of one US bomber is more than a hundred thousand men or so the Chinese pay a year.

Break it down to actual results of the expenditure, lad, instead of grandstanding.
    Bloody numbers. The tools of those with no minds of their own.

Why don't you post a picture of a B1 bomber or something... you know, appeal to the emotions. That works.

8. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

It shows that the US military spending is nearly 7 times that of China.

Yes, the US spends much more than China does on killing people.

US: More than 700 military bases on foreign territory
    China: 0 bases on foreign territory

US: More than 1/4 million troops deployed in foreign countries
    China: No troops deployed in foreign countries

US: Debtor nation
    China: Creditor

US: Declining economy
    China: Growing

Brand USA: Declining goodwill around the world
    Brand China: Increasing goodwill and market share

Yes, they are. US interventionism is causing much harm, and inspiring an unprecedented rise of anti-USi sentiment around the world. Meanwhile, China's relationships and physical/financial security is fast improving.

We can be mindful with numbers.

Do you think that Chinese militarism (preparation for armed conflict) is comparable with that of the USA? Do you think that China's upward economic and political trajectory in the world may have something to do with their less-militaristic priorities, as compared with the USA? How does this make you feel? Who is investing more wisely- the USA or China?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It's good to hear from you again, Marquis.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Russia is also rearming themselves as well so everyone is now in the arms race once again it seems. I'll bet that when any war breaks out between the larger countries that have nuclear weapons, those weapons will be used this time wherever they are needed.

10. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Yes, but on what?
    Do you seriously think for one second that the US could match it with China if it came to all out conflict?
    How much does a B1 cost anyway? How many troops could the Chinese support with that? How much do the Chinese spend on post-service education, healthcare, family care, all the sorts of things which the US pays for and China (presumably) doesn't, which is in all probability factored into your numbers to make the US look like it's spending so much more?

Numbers don't tell the story, Hype. Dollars are't equal.
    You can't say the US spends so much more and assume they have a larger military - they don't. It may be marginally more effective, man for man, but in the long run would that be enough?
    Remmeber the old joke joke from high school? The Chinese military runs on the principle that they have more men than you have bullets. And it doesn't cost them a quarter as much to maintain a soldier.

That, I agree with. For the present, anyway.
    The Chinese are a patient lot. And don't think they don't have their fingers in plenty of pies either. The Americans have the misfortune of being far more... visible.. in their little ventures.

Makes you wonder what the US is afraid of, doesn't it?

Don't really see how this is relevant.
    Moreover, goodwill is basically the product of propaganda... negative or positive. It's basically trendy to hate the US at the moment. Some well informed people have good reason to. The majority, though, are just surfing the wave. I don't see goodwill as meaning anything, really, other than who fits the popular image of the good guy the most at a particular point in time.
    I don't see China as a good guy either. If it came down to it and I was forced to choose, I'd still go with the US. China is downright scary.

Of course. Again, though, this does not mean that China is a viable alternative in terms of world power. I would not like to see them grow to precedence... and I hope I'm not around to see it happen.

If you use them properly. You aren't, in this instance.

In localised conflict, yes I do. Can you imagine China interfering in Afghanistan, sans all the anti-war hype the americans have to deal with?
    The American military is hampered by its own politics - the Chinese do not have that problem.

No, I don't. It has more to do with socio-economic factors.

China, as I said, does not have to spend on its military in the same way the US does. It can support a hundred thousand soldiers for a fraction of the cost. America simply does not have the population to match China in terms of manpower - so it must spend on technology.
    There is a lot more to it than just... "wisdom".

And thank you. I'm drunk, as usual. Be gone again when I sober up, no doubt.

11. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.