China Halts Stock Trading 2'd Time in 4 Days

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by Yazata, Jan 7, 2016.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

We had a very disappointing retail report released today and it has sent the market deeply into the red again. Laurance Fink, CEO of Blackrock a renowned asset management company, said he expects another 10% down in the markets before we see stabilization. He thinks it gets really nasty, before it gets better. But he also thinks by the second half we will be higher.

We are in the middle of a fear and greed cycle.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well, it has been a few months now and stock market has recovered all of its losses. The panic is over and calmer heads have prevailed. Earning season came and went, earnings weren't the disaster some had expected. In fact, they were pretty good. The world didn't come to an end. The markets were irrational as they are wont to be. US equity markets are now back in the green for the year. As I said before, things would get better and they did.

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/china-halts-stock-trading-2d-time-in-4-days.154747/#post-3352814

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

It really did matter.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

how much money did you make??
    How much are you now worth??
    (hilarious--) has that university of phoenix, local small business degree, paying off yet?
    in my opinion i already know that you simply watch cnbc and then simply , come on here and just reiterate whomever you believe is a "captain of industry" kind of guy. but again,

carry on.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

How is that relevant? It isn't. I'm wealthy enough to do whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it. I don't work for a living. I'm an investor, a successful one at that. I usually beat the market. The facts are very clear, you, as you usually are, were wrong.

10. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

comical--uh huh, well that is an obvious NONE. joe, have you even done anything with your so-called business degree besides to attempt to impress a couple of females?
    " as you usually are, were wrong. " what was i wrong about--you still have no clue of what i was even talking about back then.
    overall, please continue to be the pathetic joke you truly are.

11. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

LOL...so you don't remember writing earnings don't tell you anything along with the other crap you wrote? You don't remember not knowing the difference between a balance sheet and an income statement? Carry on...

By the way, how much did you lose? The only thing you can do is what you have done, call people names and misrepresent yourself.

Unlike you, I'm at a stage in my life were I don't need to impress anyone. If I want something, I get it. And unlike you, I do know something about business, having a degree in same, and a career in business, and have created two successful businesses in different industries. I don't need to impress anyone. Now you can believe that or not, I really don't care.

But what bothers me are frauds like you who post on the internet about things they know nothing of and cause good people to lose their hard earned money (e.g. their retirement money). That bothers me deeply, because I know people like that, people who have lost a lot of money, money they couldn't afford to lose.

12. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

joe, have you even done anything with your so-called business degree besides to attempt to impress a couple of females?
    once again you still have no clue of what i was even talking about back then.

13. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Says the guy who doesn't know the difference between a balance sheet and an income statement.

Oh you were very clear. Do I need to quote you again? Unfortunately for you, people are not as dumb as you need them to be.

14. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

i see you still think personal attacks constitute an argument. seriously why joe is still willing to deal with your addled mind is anyone's best guess.

15. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

once again you still have no clue of what i was even talking about back then.

(shrugs)--carry on.

16. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

i see you cannot comprehend all four pages.

(shakes head)--carry on.

17. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

LOL...so no one understands you is it? No one but you has a "clue". Well here is the thing, there are places for people like that....mental institutions and jail. So you don't remember writing, " earning are a result of the institutions income--usually under USA income, even though there are lines on the balance sheet of over seas income-- but that is international--usually separate in general.
    i do not see how earnings tells anyone that china is fine-- if anything earning only tells you that companies from the usa have received their manufactured products from china--nothing more."?

There are no income lines on a balance sheet, foreign or otherwise. You are a fraud. It's very clear you have no subject matter knowledge. There is no rationalization for your statements. It's a simple matter of black and white accounting. As has been repeatedly pointed out to you, the balance sheet doesn't report income. It reports assets and liabilities and owner equity.

And it's also apparent from your statement you don't know beans about the SEC reporting process and the customary quarterly meetings executives hold with analysts after their earnings release where executives talk about their results, answer questions and explain their results and make forward assessments. You obviously don't understand the reporting process.

You don't understand accounting, so how can you understand business? You can't and you don't. You don't understand earnings, so how could you be an investor? How can you honestly speak about earnings? You can't. What you can do and probably do do is follow the greater fool theory of investment. You buy something and hope you can find an even greater fool to sell it to. http://www.investopedia.com/terms/g/greaterfooltheory.asp

You are entitled to your beliefs, but you are not entitled to rewrite and misrepresent generally accepted accounting principals (GAAP). You are a fraud, pure and simple. There is no misunderstanding of what your wrote. All of your name calling is just another attempt to cover up your fraud. It hasn't worked in the past, it won't work now, and it won't work in the future. I'm not intimidated by your personal attacks. You should know that by now. Because unlike you, I do know what I'm talking about.

18. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

for the umpteenth time now, as you continue with your pathetic manipulation attempts while attempting to put words in my mouth within the same moment, you still have no clue of what i was even talking about back then.

(shrugs)--carry on.

19. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

comical--
    "
    balĀ·ance sheet
    noun
    1. a statement of the assets, liabilities, and capital of a business or other organization at a particular point in time, detailing the balance of income and expenditure over the preceding period.

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

You were quoted verbatim and completely...carry on.

21. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

22. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Show me an income line on a balance sheet. It doesn't exist. Do you even know what income is? Apparently not. Do you know what owner equity is? Apparently not. Quick, look up the meanings.

The balance sheet is affected by earnings as previously explained, the balance sheet is a statement of assets, liabilities and owner equity. It isn't a statement of income. It isn't a detailed statement of income. Income is reported on a P&L or an income statement. I suggest you look up the meaning of owner equity. Obviously income affects a businesses assets, liabilities and owner equity over time. But that doesn't mean the balance sheet reports income. There are 3 important financial reports, the income statement, the balance sheet, and the cash flow statement. They all tie together to form a picture of the company's performance. Do a quick google search on each...carry on.

I notice you didn't disclose the source of your definition. Here is the Investopedia definition of a balance sheet. Notice, there isn't a word about income.

What is a 'Balance Sheet'
    A balance sheet is a financial statement that summarizes a company's assets, liabilities and shareholders' equity at a specific point in time. These three balance sheet segments give investors an idea as to what the company owns and owes, as well as the amount invested by shareholders.

Read more: Balance Sheet Definition | Investopedia http://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/balancesheet.asp#ixzz43kflEG7C
    Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/incomestatement.asp

What is an 'Income Statement'
    An income statement is a financial statement that measures a company's financial performance over a specific accounting period. Financial performance is assessed by giving a summary of how the business incurs its revenues and expenses through both operating and non-operating activities. It also shows the net profit or loss incurred over a specific accounting period, typically over a fiscal quarter or year.

Also known as the "profit and loss statement" or "statement of revenue and expense."

Read more: Income Statement Definition | Investopedia http://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/incomestatement.asp#ixzz43kQyaTVM
    Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

Additionally, you apparently don't understand the difference between revenue and income or understand why the difference is important. You obviously don't understand the concept of income.

23. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

" I'm not intimidated by your personal attacks "
    umm- okay--it is for other readers too see for themselves.
    overall, please continue to be the pathetic joke you truly are. as you make it clear.

(shrugs)--carry on.