Child Beauty Pageants

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by shorty_37, Apr 17, 2008.

?

Do you think child pageants like these sexualize children?

Poll closed Apr 27, 2008.
  1. Yes I do

88.0%
  2. No I don't

12.0%
  1. Kadark Banned Banned

I don't think the average person finds these pictures "sexy", either. However, there are too many exceptions, which truly endangers these children from molesters and such. If you ask me, the biggest crime is robbing these girls of their childhood, and introducing them to practices that shouldn't even be considered until much later on in their life. Why in the world is a five-year old wearing makeup? She has no wrinkles or imperfections to hide. These children are the byproduct of a society built firmly on selling one's self to looks. It's a damn shame they were sold so early.

Alas, shit happens.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Are you of the opinion that kids should not be allowed to act in movies or ads either? Wear makeup for plays and ballet?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kadark Banned Banned

If they are in movies and ads, then they should not be stationed in sexually aggressive poses wearing bikinis. Am I so crazy in saying this?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Pedophilia and Child Beauty Pageant Perversion

The perverted murder of JonBenet is once again headline-wrenching news across the world. My greatest concern is not the death of JonBenet, but the lives of the children who are forced by their parents to participate in child beauty pageants.

I do not believe young children actively decide they want to compete against other children in beauty pageants and if they do, the parents must work to correct that inappropriate expression of prepubescent sexualization of their children and not allow participation in the inappropriate eroticization of childhood that is the underlying tease of those sorts of pageants.
    I am always amazed by parents who press their children into beauty pageants because there is an embedded perversion in wanting to help create an idealized image of a mature woman in the body of a five or six-year-old child.

There is a parental perversion in dismissing the child in her childhood to bend time and strangle circumstance in order to teach a child how to moisten lips, flirt with judges and convey a sexuality that, beyond the beauty pageant stage, would cause great alarm in those vested in providing for the public welfare of children.

Can anyone be surprised that child beauty pageants pander to and attract perverts and pedophiles? Isn't that the audience those pageants are purposefully serving? Aren't child beauty pageants that sexualize children really meat markets for pedophiles seeking the purchase of a sexual treat?

http://urbansemiotic.com/2006/08/18/pedophilia-and-child-beauty-pageant-perversion/

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Parks also attract pedophiles, as do beaches, school yards and play grounds.

Do you recommend we shut them all down?

I'm sure the number of children kidnapped from them are greater than one.

9. draqon Banned Banned

no it is indirect.

10. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Here are some behind the scenes pictures of the famous Child Beauty Queen Swan Brooner. She doesn't look happy to me, what about you?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

But on Stage she must put on her big happy face!

I think it is disgusting that these parents are robbing this little girls of their childhood.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Is there any evidence that the parents are abusing the kid?

13. Kadark Banned Banned

There are different types of "abuse". Believe it or not, you don't have to beat your children to abuse them.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You bet.

Its a good thing people like shorty are posting her pictures all over the internet, otherwise who would even remember her?

15. Kadark Banned Banned

Sam,

I'm sorry: were you trying to make a point? ... I'm not sure what the deaths of one pageant's parents have to do with "abuse". The point is, children shouldn't be sexually exploited at such a young age by fabulously wealthy cosmedic and clothing industries. What part of this do you disagree with?

16. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Yeah I call snatching food from a 4-7 yr olds mouth because they don't want them to get fat. Abuse I call making your kid sit in a chair for hours getting their hair and makeup done, while they are crying and just want to go home.
    Abuse. I call spending so many hours driving around to pageants, practicing endlessly, yelling at them when they make the slightest mistake and lost points in the competion. Abuse Grabbing them to the side when they are upset and just plain TIRED of going of the same thing over and over, and yelling at them. Abuse
    Keeping them so busy that they have no time to socialize with kids their own age and just go outside and PLAY. Abuse

Watch some of these documentaries on it. These little girls crying while they are getting their hair pulled and stretched, and just told to stop whining.

Disgusting!

17. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Are you somehow trying to say I am exploiting this kid? :bugeye:
    Her pictures are all over the internet she was the next big thing
    to the poor little girl Jon Benet who was murdered. It is the parents
    who have exploited these young children and also put their pictures,
    videos in the hands of pedophiles.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think Swan Brooner and her like are more exploited by people who are using her 8 years after the fact. Its more creepy to me how obsessive people are about other peoples lives.

19. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

I dont think its creepy to be appalled by how these children are exploited.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

By sticking up their "pedophile attracting" pictures?

21. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Obsessive? No it is evidence of how these young children should not be sexualized at the age of 4+. I was just reading how those 2 little girls
    are both TOPS on the pedophiles lists of must have pictures/ articles/videos.
    I guess you don't have a problem with that either? :bugeye:

22. Kadark Banned Banned

I don't even know who "Swan Brooner" is; merely, I'm commenting on the general topic of child beauty pageants. You know my position on this topic full well by now, it's safe to say. The fact is, these children are way too young to be doing the things they're doing. Shorty's posts tantalizingly outlined just some of the abuses suffered by these children. Do not be fooled by their porcelain smiles.

23. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Beauty Pageants are a social disease

To quote myself from elsewhere:

...[It] is time we, as a society, stopped setting our sights so low. We should aspire to far better things than beauty contests. If there seems something perverse about the ambition to be crowned the most vacuous sex symbol in the county/state/nation/world, well, yeah, there is. What is even scarier is that some parents would wish this fate upon their children. Should I point out that this is what JonBenet Ramsey had to look forward to, or would that be excessive and cruel? The truth of the matter is that Miss Silva is not lying dead in a closet somewhere only to be obsessed over for years by sick individuals who would falsely confess to her murder in order to stake a claim to their share of a deviant mythology. On that count alone, she ought to feel lucky.​

Beauty pageants are a social disease. Even more so when the contestants are children.