Cats are being skinned and then cooked alive.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by cosmictraveler, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

NO. Don't be absurd, this was never implied. If you become ridiculous I will flip u an e-bird.

Ok, perfect, I'll define two 'different types of morality' for you.
    1. You think it is wrong to skin cats.
    2. ZuaShao thinks it is right to skin cats.

Looks pretty subjective to me. If it was objective why is there disagreement into what is right and wrong?

Ok, I'm ready.

1. I will murder a Tutsi warrior if he is pointing an AK-47 at me.
    2. I will torture a lizard to stop 50 baby gorilla tortures.

Since you seem to disagree with me that these acts are never justified - isn't it more demonstration that morals are subjective?

I never claimed such absurd things. In some areas of China, it is probably the majority.
    (Sorry I don't think statistics like this will be available, but at least I live here and have a good vantage point)

Ha, I'm no expert in the bible but I'm sure there is some animal torture in there. How about spilling a goat's blood for "sacrifice"

anyway, that doesn't matter anyway. I don't believe morals derive purely from religion.

Look man, tell me if you think I might change your opinion on the matter or not. If you are indeed a brick wall I'm not sure how to smash it down. Unfortunately I will not be swayed by your insulting tones and turtle-like cowardliness!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I don't feel like arguing this anymore. If you are interested in learning more of my opinions (And answering some of my questions) I'll continue. But you are hostile, like a hurricane!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

You're just being silly and downright dodgy now. The reason you "don't feel like arguing anymore" is because I have clearly won any and all arguments concerning the absolute universal immorality of needlessly inflicted suffering on ANY living thing. Skinning cats alive, or any other animal, for the sole purpose of "taste" and novelty is completely wrong. If you are not intelligent enough, or if you don't possess the integrity to HONESTLY access the situation as such, I pity you. Stop making excuses for deviants and fools.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Roman Banned Banned

I'm skeptical of this story. Skinning a cat alive seems like more trouble than it's worth. Have any of you actually handled a scared, angry cat?

My guess is they club them or slit their throats first so they're dead enough to skin.

I mean, what's the difference between what the Chinese are doing and the meat industry of your own nation? Cats are some how off limits? Or you just don't like the chinese?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

i think species of animals are different.

how many people have chickens living with them in their homes?

8. Roman Banned Banned

It's wrong? What does that even mean? When you say something is "wrong", what you're really saying is "don't do that because it makes me feel bad." There is no objective truth to your morals, or any morals, for that matter. They're just statements of feeling. Saying "killing is wrong" has no truth value in and of itself. It's virtually a meaningless statement. "Killing is wrong because..." can at least be verified or falsified, or, at the very least, supported.

But when you declare that something is bad because it's bad, your tautology is really revealing your own emotional state, and perhaps being used to convince other people to feel like you do, or do what you want them to do.

9. John99 Banned Banned

But then Europeans eat horses.

:scratchin:

10. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

you are weird and crazy, goodnight

11. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

You can't housetrain them, but I believe that they make good pets.
    Kept outdoors that is.

12. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

so what you are saying is that you and an amoeba have a distinct continuity of moral consciousness?

WTF do you mean "there is no absolute and objective right and wrong"?

So, in essence, what you are stating is that "anything goes" , correct?

I bet if someone was skinning you alive you would sure think of what is, and what is not, right or wrong.

What a load of horse poop. Nonsense!

For you to underscore your own intelligence by using the term "tautology" in some completely pseudo intellectual capacity is to reveal your own pretense and no one else's.

Your defense here is nothing more than propped up apathy cloaked in the esoteric linguistic dust of indifference.

If you possess one single shred of logic, answer me this: Why do creatures such as those being skinned alive possess a central nervous system?

13. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

What about Fish.
    They are left drowning in air and crushed together by the thousand until gutted alive. Are they lesser creatures than cats, or is it more humane just because it is something that we eat, not just the Chinese.

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

15. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

The Chinese don't eat fish? As was the case with that silly response I just gave, you are missing the WHOLE point. I have NOTHING against eating cats. eat 'em by the hundreds my man. Yum yum.

It's the needless SKINNING of them ALIVE that's brutal, cruel and completely FOOLISH.