Cats are being skinned and then cooked alive.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by cosmictraveler, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

I agree

Justification is simply there is no objective moral code. What is torture to you and me, is as plain and normal as boiling a lobster to those committing it.

In fact, I would go as far as to ask you this:

It's a painful infliction of brutality for you, not everyone.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

This is ridiculous if not just plain silly. Painful is painful to the creature feeling the pain, NOT you or I or anyone else. Are you claiming that the pain associated with being skinned alive is variable based on perception? Because that's what you are attempting to put fourth here.

Let me ask you a question: Is it the animal that's being skinned alive within the discussed scenario, or is it person doing the skinning?

Again this is meant to demonstrate the illogical argument you are putting forward here.

If someone were born on a an island where it was a common accepted practice to kill your neighbor because he winked at your wife, would that make the act of killing your neighbor exempt from morality?

Absolutely not. Murder is murder whether you think it is or not and whether or not it's perceived as such by the immediate populous. Murder is the act of taking someone else's involuntary life.

The act of skinning an animal alive for sheer vanity, no matter the environment or cultural framework, is immoral. It's immoral because the term immoral exists as a defined quality of any act unbound from the parameters of influence or reason.

Ignorance is NEVER an excuse.

What you are referring to is NOT morality, it's values. Values are subjective. Morality is not.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Absolutely. If you ever got to know a pig, you would never eat it.
    Pigs are much nicer than cats any day.
    They have a sense of humour.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I don't know, some women I dated were real pigs and they tasted rather good when I ate them.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

True.
    When they start to chew your shoes, it's time to put the fat in the pan.

9. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

Why do you hold the ultimate authority in deciding what goes into the Holy Judgment Book of morality? This is selfish and ignorant.

If there is such extensive disagreement between what is morally right and wrong, between you, me, and everybody, all cultures etc. Then why is this?
    Why is this true if objective morality exists?

If the book is not in your mind, then where is it? Who taught you these moral scriptures that your preach of? Did you write them yourself, or were they handed down to you like God handed down the commandments?

If reality is physical in nature, please locate these objective morals. Where are they stored? Do you believe in God? I don't.

Murder is normal throughout the animal kingdom, among chimpanzees, and tribes in the Amazon.

PS. I was told several nights ago that dogs are sometimes drowned. I asked why but all I got was laughter. It was not like an evil villain from a hero movie Mwuahahahaha. No, it was very innocent, like when you make a funny face to a child and impulsively are returned with a chuckle.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Me thinks they might have been pulling your leg about that. Or they thought you were smart enough to know that dogs sometimes drown.:shrug:

11. SILVERLAND Registered Member

Stop The Cruel Slaughter Of Cats For Food

:bawl::bawl::bawl:STOP THE CRUEL SLAUGHTER OF CATS FOR FOOD
    A protest, where animal-loving residents unfurled banners in urging a southern Chinese province to stop the "cruel slaughter" of cats for food, in Beijing, China, Thursday, Dec.18, 2008. The protesters say as many as 5,000 cats across the country, mostly strays, have been caught in the past week by traders and transported to Guangdong province _ to be killed for food.

CHINESE TOO CRUEL ...
    Chinese eat human fetus and still born.

some doctors in Shenzhen hospitals were eating dead fetuses after carrying out abortions. The doctors allegedly defended their actions by saying the embryos were good for their skin and general health....

12. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Now now lets not get too hung up on the chinese, in some places they eat cheese with maggots (Sardinia, Italy), or rotten shark meat that has been fermented in cow piss (Iceland), or raw fish that has been inserted and excreted from the vagina of a young girl (japan), the Chinese and their wide selection of meat sources are nothing in comparison.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  13. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

either way he doesn't give a hoot about 'animal rights'.

A few weeks ago a student tried to give my coworker her dog because her mom was going to make dinner with it.

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

so are the cats skinned alive and eaten alive or just skinned alive. Because if they are being eaten alive, how do they survive the skinning?

15. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

Haha. No , the cats are eaten dead. However, in Guandong again, they do eat live monkey brain. Imagine a table with a head-sized hole cut in the middle.

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

do the monkeys feel it? I always thought the brain had no pain receptors.

17. John99 Banned Banned

This is all just strange.

18. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

So what you are saying is that the Chinese don't have any morals or practice any form of morality. Is this correct?

If the answer is "no" to the question I just asked you, and the Chinese do in fact practice morality, could you do us all a favor and end this pathetic attempt to justify needless cruelty by cutting and pasting the definition of "Chinese morality" as opposed to different types of morality that don't allow for torturing living creatures? We will then see clearly if morality is objective, subjective, or left up to interpretation.

Again I say you are betraying the most basic of logic.

I already proved to you beyond the shadow of a doubt that you are incorrect. You have not answered or addressed even a small percentage of the logic that I have presented in this thread that proves this.

I will try again:

When is murder moral? (despite chimpanzees carrying it out - who cares? - now what, are chimpanzees all of a sudden your moral compass in this discussion?) When is torture moral? How are these two realities in practice by anyone, anywhere, EVER moral?

I would also like you to demonstrate the legitimate statistical standard by which you claim a majority of Chinese people contend that this horrific practice is in fact moral. I don't believe even for a second that they do.

Since religion is the common denominator in all modern cultures that best links that culture's specific moral and ethical beliefs in practice to a popular perspective, please start there. I would like to know where it's written in an officially accepted context that the needless torture of innocent (or guilty for that matter) creatures is A-OK morally speaking. Now, if you can accomplish this, I will most humbly concede that I was wrong. If you cannot however, you are blatantly admitting that you are.

Answer me please.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  19. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

No.
    They are skinned alive and then either killed and thrown into a pot or cooked alive. Of course the Chinese don't eat them alive.
    That would be cruel.

20. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Doesn't this have more to do with eating fresh food than morals?
    They do this with fish as well, and they serve them at the table still alive.
    In countries where electricity and refrigeration is scare, its understandable.

21. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

That's a good point.
    Food hygeine is the reason why shellfish are cooked alive.
    Any animals that we Westerner's cook alive, we pretend that they have no feeling of pain.
    At least they knock the cats on the head, which is more than we do with lobster.

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

yep. Who here kills their crab or lobster before sticking it in the pot of boiling water?

heck, my grandpa killed pigs by cutting their throat and letting them bleed to death.

23. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

ROTFLMAO!!!