Cats are being skinned and then cooked alive.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by cosmictraveler, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Zap Facts > Opinions Registered Senior Member

Not true. I don't do it now, and my view of animal rights is far more enlightened than most people where I live. What makes you think they wouldn't be wherever I had been born?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I agree if you're going to eat something at least kill it humanely. How long does it take to shoot an animal in the back of the head?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

They prefer the taste of an animal that has died in terror.
    The adrenaline produced must add to the flavour or something.
    It is very cruel, and it is hard not to judge, but we come from a society with different standards of animal welfare.
    I do not agree with all the long term aims of the animal rights people, but their activism and exposure of animal cruelty has done much to improve conditions for animals in our culture.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

8. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

It's coming up to Christmas and I have Turkey and stuffing to eat, so I'll pass.

I think that Search and Destroy's post was very positive.
    I mean when it come's down to it, it is another sovereign country.
    What are we going to do, Nuke em?

9. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

This is the dodgiest and most "politically correct" horse shit I have ever read. Don't you DARE suggest that the outraged tiptoe around absolute cruelty. I am the furthest thing from an animal rights wacko but this is absolutely CRIMINAL. There is ZERO excuse for this type of behavior. The people responsible for this INSANE practice should be tried and if found guilty, executed in the exact torturesque fashion that they willfully imposed on these innocent creatures.

How can you be so seemingly arrogant as to think that ANY of this atrocious behavior is culturally acceptable with respect to those "born into it"?

If you were born into such a culture, where for some reason or another it was acceptable to inflect torture, commit genocide, steal, rape, or whatever other reprehensible acts in an effort achieve the cultural norm, should that be acceptable as well?

Social consciousness is the result of programming. Those that have been programmed are diseased. Those that are doing the programming need to be eradicated.

No matter what the cultural environment contains, there are moral responsibilities that NO human is exempt from.

10. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Yes, this behaviour is culturally acceptable to them.
    Either that, or it is culturally unacceptable, yet they do it anyway.
    What other explanation have you got?

I can understand why you are so angry, but what do you propose that we do about it other than express opposition to the practise.
    And I certain it's no use getting mad with S&D. He's never cooked a cat alive in his life.

11. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

What explanation have I got? What the heck are you talking about? What explanation do I need? What do you want me to do, psychologically profile them as egomaniacs with taste buds to match?

I just told you what I feel should be done. What? Do you think I am joking?

ANYONE that passively reacts to this type of REAL horror is just as guilty as those committing the inhumanities to begin with. Save that wishy washy crap for the Olympics. This is WAY different. We aren't talking about playing games here. We are are talking about cruel, insane and inhuman behavior.

I HATE murderous, torturesque evil. This business is EVIL.

anymore questions?

12. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

No. I've looked back through the previous posts, and I'm not sure what you think we should do about China.
    S&D made a positive suggestion that teachers should give children projects about pets and animals and that these should be communicated with Chinese children. You seemed to attack him, but I can't see what better suggestion you are making.

Just getting mad is no good at all.
    You are acting like an angry dog biting at any hand that comes near your mouth.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Their culture is just different. I would eat a cat. Should they beat it up first? Probably not, but our industrial livestock industry isn't that much better. You see, they don't have the same level of refrigeration available, so they have to deal with live animals more to keep meat fresh. In the US, we can regulate a few factories, but it's harder to regulate millions of individuals' behavior.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  14. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

Come on. Don't be silly. I'm not acting like an angry dog biting in all directions or anything else for that matter. I am expressing absolute and complete disdain for this type of behavior.

Getting good and mad is an EXCELLENT start and that is precisely my point.

Why are you dodging the issue here?

Do you HONESTLY think that "teaching" will stop this type of behavior any time soon? Especially when there is no measurable "soon enough".

Do you really want me to give you my views on China as a whole? I read where you wrote that you "looked back" through my posts. I most assuredly addressed what I feel the Chinese should do to eliminate this specific type of deplorable behavior. What part of that didn't I make clear?

I have nothing against the other poster that I first responded to today other than "making excuses" and "making assumptions" is in no way REALLY demonstrating pro activity. It's also not ANYONES place to speak for me or anyone else in such an absolute case concerning the totally inhumane treatment of living things. No matter where they were born or are presently located.

15. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

Yes there will be a minority of enlightened people. I was speaking generally, about the majority that hold popular opinion, and not necessarily at you.

If you are poking at whether morals are genetic or environmental, yes I believe quite a bit are influenced by both. It seems clear that the environment helps style cuisine, and how to prepare the meat.

16. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

LOL! You're out of bounds spider baby. DO NOT tell ANYONE to "shut up"

17. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

You have chosen a path of idealism. You are happy to be biased and use anger as a means to an end, clouding your vision and charging head first towards your 'goal.'

You are a sort of 'north star.' And I have been there too, but the reality is, your yelling is not helping to save ANY cats. You have a clear goal, but no practical way to make it there.

Please subdivide your idealistic 'north star' for me and tell me how I can stop the abuse of cats. Tell me, what can I do to stop this? Guide me.

18. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

Excellent questions, and BTW, specific caps is not yelling. It's emphasizing. Yelling is denoted by all caps with an exclamation point at the end.

Forgive me, but I think you have been hanging out if China too long. Your "North Star" analogy sounds like something out of fortune cookie.

What I believe in is calling a spade a spade. A liar, a liar, A vain torturer of innocent life a vain torturer of innocent life. Why not start there with respect to "what you can do"?

Are children acting out these culinary atrocities? Another place you could start would be act upon impressing the ADULTS and not the kids.

No matter what you set out to accomplish, the number one philosophy that must be put first is: "You have nothing to fear but fear itself" Pray for courage, rub two nickles together for all I care, just overcome the traditions and state emphatically what is right, and what is WRONG.

You want to teach the Chinese kids something valuable today or tomorrow?

Write this on the black board.

WRONG = Cruelty (in any situation)

Then underneath that place a photo of a freshly skinned animal agonizing at the hands of some butcherous freak.

I mean, how could someone intelligent like Spidergoat claim this to be the product of a "different culture"? China has produced some of the most exquisite beauty imaginable. This is the product of gross indifference, not "culture". Maybe the culture has bread a tolerance for sick acts like this, but I have yet to see ancient paintings, sculpture or other expressed art depicting the infliction of violent torture.

This is quite simply the product of ego maniacal FOOLS that couldn't dress well enough on any day of the week to disguise their true evil and vain hearts.

Go ahead. Make excuses. You are just as guilty as Chef Cat Killer.

19. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Out of everything I've heard on this thread, the thing I would most hate to be true is people beating an animal before killing it just to improve the flavour.
    I could accept that as human wickedness, but not if it was something done by farmers.

My family were farmers a generation ago, and they loved their animals.
    They knew that a milk cow needed to be sent to slaiughter once it reached a certain age, but there was no way they would put up with that animal being treated cruelly.
    This may sound strange to animal activists, but my uncle used to cry when he had to sell an old cow.
    It was the same to you as selling your dog, but closer, because it gave his family food.

This particular thing about beating animals before killing them.
    To soften the meat.
    Is that true???

Not reports of reports, but facts please.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  20. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Perhaps you have put these points forward in another thread, but not in this one.
    What do you think that the Chinese people should do, and what do you think we should do in order to make sure that they do so?

21. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

Most basically, if the environment creates it - I call it culture, good or bad. Mao ripped away a rich culture, and molded it into a culture with less depth and life. The individuals can not be responsible for believing in what they do.

If a cultural anthropologist was to write an unbiased book about two cultures - 1st tribe ate their dead mothers, the others were repulsed by such a vulgar action and killed off the cannibals. Which society was right? Without a personal attachment to one side, your own opinion on the matter involved in the debate - there can be no right or wrong good/bad etc..

Hopefully you don't have a strong belief towards eating dead mothers so you can see that example with clear eyes. If so, why do you insist to attach so much bias to this particular issue? Is there an explicit reason?

Undoubtedly this is not your first fist-raise to an issue with cats or China. How about you tell me about your history fighting cat-skinning Sinos?

The 'north star' is a great analogy for an idealistic goal. And you are absolutely right, it quite resembles a fortune cookie. So why are you living a life dictated by a fortune cookie, you idealistic and impractical man.

If you do not give me a real example of how I can stop the torture of cats - what is your anger good for? (your last example is impractical). Who are you going to convince with that "You are Wrong!" attitude? I can see you walking into a restaurant screaming "You are Wrong!" to the chef. She screams back "You are Wrong!" and the cycle repeats for eternity.

22. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

CK
    Please go back and read post #46 in this thread.

As to the idea of what "we" (who's we, a country, us as individuals, etc.?)can do to incent such a follow up, that's a question for pondering that has not been raised yet.

The answer is beyond simple however. What does China depend on most?

23. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

Eating your mother after she is dead is fine. She is no worse for it. Skinning your mother in law may be something at times you want to do, but no matter the cultural orientation, there is positively no justification for such an act.

The rest of your post is just non objective tit for tat psycho babble.

For example: What is wrong with being object enough, convicted enough, and having enough integrity, to insist on what is the absolute upholding concerning the sanctity of all living things?

You don't think that's a good idea because why exactly?