Cartoons - bad for your health?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by GeoffP, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

What kind of idiot could even say something like that with a straight face? Buddhist beliefs, Daoist beliefs, Confucian beliefs, those are personal. But Christianity and Islam are bloody well defined by the evangelical fanaticism that is a cornerstone of both belief systems.

You can't really be a good Christian or a good Muslim if you don't believe that no one else can possibly be right. You're right and that's it because your god, this vain, cruel, selfish, fairy tale character who creates imperfect people and then gets his jollies for the rest of eternity by punishing us for being imperfect, told you so. It's your solemn responsibility to set the world on the path to righteousness by getting every single human being to agree with you.

These belief systems are anything but personal. They are so in-your-face that they are in everybody's face all the time.

Christians and Muslims don't have the one basic human characteristic that is mandatory to participate in civilization: tolerance. Civilizations by definition bring together people from many different communities, people with different beliefs, traditions, philosophies, and habits. The one and only thing they have to agree on to make civilization work is that everybody is okay. They have to abide by a simple common-sense law, without which civilization can't work: you don't ever get to kill people just because you don't like them or something they do or something they believe.

Yes it's a no-brainer that war violates the fundamental laws of civilization, and I don't understand why it's so hard for people to make the short leap of logic that capital punishment is just as uncivilized.

If you can't follow the rule then you've elected not to be part of civilization. Christians and Muslims have spent 2,000 years and 1,300 years, respectively, demonstrating to us that they can't follow the rule. They kill each other, themselves, Jews, people of other religions, people of no religion, people who just happen to be in their way, or people who just piss them off, just about any time they feel like it.

Enough! Find a planet to send these worthless bastards to so we can get on with the task of advancing civilization.

Yes we have all met lots of really sweet Christians and Muslims who wouldn't hurt a fly and who play poker with us and eat pork and their children play with our children. But that's when life is easy. When life gets tough they close ranks and we're the outsiders. The percentage of them who don't fall in behind the Crusades or the Inquisition or the Fatwas or the Holocaust or whatever holy war has been launched to solve the world's problems is pathetic. All but a handful of these same sweet people will follow a Bin Laden or a Pat Robertson or a witch burner or an Ayatollah Khomeini in a heartbeat when times get tough. That's the true message of their religions, which is borne out over and over throughout history, regardless of what they claim their "holy books" say.

If you think I'm being intolerant, well after more than a thousand years of people throwing in your face the fact that they believe they don't have to follow any rules and get along because they're special because a stupid fairy tale told them so, you do finally have to give up on them and tell them to leave. At least I don't think we should kill them.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lord Insane Banned Banned

Well, this is a sensitive matter - but in this thread it seems, that the danish cartoons
    has evolved into a battle between Zion and Islam ...............

Let us please go back to the cartoons :
    Is this a battle between "free speech" versus "respect for all religions "
    to a certain point : YES !!!!!

But there might be more in this : for some time muslims in Europe has not been integrated fully into society - no tradition for accepting the non muslim society,bad language skills, low education and unemployment - combined with prejudices against muslims from society and even fear of muslims after 9/11 , and the Madrid and London bombings - it has marginalized many muslims - so now when a relative harmless case of disrespect of islam comes up - many muslims seize the chance to protest ....

Harmless - is it harmless ????

I have many muslim friends, who at first frowned , but still said this could be worse , after all the danish newspaper did not allow " reallly bad " cartoons of Muhammed,
    in school in Denmark you are taught about ALL religions including islam , and all muslims are painfully aware that Muhammed was married to a 6 year old girl -
    if the newspapers were really out to hurt muslims, they would have made cartoons of Muhammed as a paedophile with a lollypop in his hand and a little girl......
    I know of muslims who laughed at these cartoons - it is true !!!!

Then it evolved into an international affair - many months later - sparkled by the international muslim league ....... now boycotts against danish products and now death threats against Norway,Denmark and France in Palestine - so far no deaths though.........

A recent poll in a newspaper in Saudi Arabia (of all countries) showed this result:
    Is it fair to boycott Arla (a danish-swedish company) because a danish newspaper with no connection to Arla has showed pictures of Muhammed :
    The vote
    YES : 49 %
    NO: 51 %
    This result was in the danish television - I have not been able to find links in english of it - but it is true !!!!!

Yesterday, Kofi Annan in the name of Muhammed the merciful (is Kofi Annan a muslim ??) asked all muslims worldwide to accept the apology from the danish newspaper and move on ...........

I think this is as much a clash of culture and politic , as it is a clash of freedom of speech against respect of religion.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2006
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lord Insane Banned Banned

2 days ago several ministers of foreign affairs from mulims countries demanded , that the danish prime minister and the danish government should punish the people who made the drawings ...

According to danish law , that is impossible :
    In Denmark the lawgiving part (government) ,
    the judging part, who gives sentences ( judges )
    and the part ,that enforces the laws on the street (police)
    has been divided into 3 separate parts , WITHOUT any influence on the other parts -
    simply to prevent abuse of power .........

The prime minister can not punish the cartoondrawers - they have to be sued by the islamic league for that .........

After the danish prime minister had explained about danish law in arabic television - many arabic people, that were interviewed by danish press after the broadcast - did NOT understand , that a primeminister - who runs the country - could not just arrest anyone he disliked - they were VERY surprised !!!!!!

Another political culture clash I guess !!!!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2006
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Happeh Registered Senior Member

It is not just sciforums. Any major forums on the internet where Israel is discussed will have one or more of these people. You can always tell them because they have an encyclopedic knowledge of the mideast and a library of links at their fingertips.

No casual person has that kind of information readily availble. That is how GeoffP gave himself away.

8. Happeh Registered Senior Member

The kind with an IQ twice as large as yours. The kind that understands how the world really works. The kind that has a high paying job you only dream about. The kind that world leaders read, and listen to.

No. This is the Zionist destruction of your country you are repeating. The Zionists need to kill religious people because religious people can smell evil. Evil walks among the USA and Britain and no one even sees it because they don't believe in evil. Religion is for idiots and fools is what Americans and British are taught. Your paragraph above indicates they do their job very effectively.

Religion is a vehicle for good. You don't have to like a particular god to be religious. You don't even need a god to be religious. You will be a happier and and closer to fulfilling your destiny if you threw off that Zionist propaganda designed to make you a slave, and found some kind of religion that appealed to you.

I find it very interesting you do not mention Zionist murdering Arabs for the last 30 years. Are you a jewish person? I have found few other people with the same capacity for ignoring the obvious.

That is what the rest of the world thinks of Israel.

Sure you are intolerant. And you must be a jewish person. You keep battering christianity and islam while ignoring Judaism. It is a well known fact that Jewish people think everyone else is to be used for any purpose the Jewish person desires.

That is EXACTLY how people feel about Israelis telling the world they can do what they want because of some fairy tale they are better than everyone else. Some fairy tale that says that because one of their boy scout troops happened to be hiking around the middle east 1000 years ago, that means they own the entire middle east.

9. Happeh Registered Senior Member

Bullshit propaganda.

Blair has arrested Abu Hamza and many other muslims on concocted charges.

Bush has arrested Jose Padilla and held him for years without trial on concocted charges.

If the Danish Prime Minister wanted the man arrested, he would be arrested. That law stuff is bullshit just like WMD in Iraq is bullshit and "No. There is no memo that Bush and I talked about bombing Al Jazeera", a comment made by Tony Blair, is bullshit and just another one of the millions of lies they spew on a daily basis.

The Danish Prime Minister, as well as all the other papers printing the cartoons, are doing it on the order of Israel. Israel wants to anger muslims so that Europe and the USA start a war with Islam. Then, when the war is over, the Israelis step in and take control of what is left.

The Israelis are doing this in Iraq by car bombing Shia and Sunni mosques, then blaming the other group. The Israelis are doing this with Fatah and Hamas.

That is how 5 or 6 million people rule the world. They print lies in their newspapers to get people to hate each other and start a war. They go hide back in their hole. When the war is over, they come out of the hole and reassert their control over a world that is blown to hell and in no condition to resist.

Just like WWII.

10. Lord Insane Banned Banned

I understand that you are surprised too - just like the arabs .......

Luckily Denmark is VERY different not only from UK and US but also from Arabia and Israel ...........

I guess you will never understand that , and think EVERYTHING is "BULLSHIT PROPAGANDA"

Have you ever considered if you are slightly paranoid ??????

11. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

We could all possess such penetrating insights as Happeh if only we were not victims of excessive masturbation.

12. Ahmed Osman Banned Banned

Lord Insane , I think you have made the most well-balanced post in all of this thread - even recognizing European prejudices against muslims as a cause of all this .......

It is true what you write !!!!!

Brian Foley and Happeh : in many ways you are right , but do not let the zionists get into your brains - stay cool , I think you are both over reacting ..................

13. Happeh Registered Senior Member

Nope. Have you ever considered yourself to be uninformed on world politics?

14. Happeh Registered Senior Member

Hey! It is that big strong man Ophiolite. The one that ran away from the discussion of my theory.

Don't think we all didn't notice you ran away from the discussion of my theory, only to return after James had safely closed the thread.

I don't know why you ran. It is not a big deal for someone to teach you something new, or for you to be proven wrong in front of a crowd. It is called learning. You said you were a teacher. I thought you would know that.

I was actually very surprised to see your disappearing and reappearing act. I guess it only goes to show that first impressions are usually wrong.

15. Happeh Registered Senior Member

Naw. Just playing games with them. They get so full of themselves by stomping on children that never see them coming, that it is kind of fun to wake them up and make them realize that not everyone is as stupid as a rock.

I like to watch the lies, deceit and treachery they will display in order to further the Zionist position.

16. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

You don't have a theory littleW; you don't have a hypothesis littleW; you have an idle speculation, no more.
    Some of us have a life outside of these fora. I'm still waiting to learn from you what city you live in. It's asking a bit much to have me visit the US and work my way across the continent looking for a specific nutter.
    Try something new here Happeh: read your own words. They actually, for once, contain some wisdom. Try applying it.
    I am sure, for you, first impressions normally are wrong. This would be related to your generally poor observational skills and social awareness. I find first impressions to be highly accurate over 90% of the time.

17. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

*has a sudden coughing attack*

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I think the reaction from Jews would be bad - and rightly so - if there were a world tour of an "art" display glorifying the murderers of Jews. You know, like the one you posted about.

The ones fueling the problem are NOT the Scandinavians, nor the Brits, nor the Europeans, but those of the muslim community - in the Middle East and abroad - who demand death for those that insult the pedophile Prophet. Sorry, that's it. And the movement of the various presses to protect others in their field from oppression and censorship is not only understandable, but laudable.

Otherwise, they might as well just take their editorials straight from Riyadh, or Damascus, Mecca and be done with it.

Long live a free press! (if it's not too Romanesque to say)

:m:

Geoff

19. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I think you mean muslim prejudices against Europeans:

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/eve...toons/im:/060203/ids_photos_wl/r399679231.jpg

Take some lessons from 9/11? Gee - I thought it was the Mossad and the CIA that did that. Is that a threat then?

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/events/wl/020106danishcartoons/im:/060203/481/llp11702031645

Of course: "Europe is the cancer, islam the answer" and "Exterminate those who slander islam" means that its really the Europeans who are at fault. Of course! Why didn't I see it before?

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/eve..._CaK8MA;_ylu=X3oDMTA5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/eve...3TlWMcF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/eve...y7lWMcF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

Nah, they all seem very tolerant to me. My bad. Silly dhimmi!

Geoff

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Waaaait a minute: are you Tariq Ramadan?

Tariq, I don't think this fits with your public profile.

Geoff

21. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

22. Ahmed Osman Banned Banned

GeoffP - the doctor - you are of course right - prejudices work both ways ...
    There are unjust prejudices from muslims against Europeans and unjust prejudices the other way ....

When all this cools down, then let the two of us have a cup of tea and discuss the world politics and religion - OK !!!

Peace doctor !!!

23. Alejandro -2 Minutes To Midnight- Registered Senior Member

ooooh thank god i live in a free society, oooh thank god the government doesnt steal everything and force people to live in poverty and tell them to xxxx, ooooh thank god the government dont force their beliefs on me, OOOHHHHHH thank god PEOPLE FIGHT AND DIE FOR THESE RIGHTS.

so many forms of slavery, they steal your money then your soul.

thank you, thank you. now go out and kiss the ground.