Car + Energy + Enviroment Project

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by Arcotik, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Arcotik Registered Member

Car + Energy + Environment Project

Ok, so lately I've been thinking and thinking about other things to use instead of gasoline in a car (whether it meant to completely redesign the engine/motor or not) and it occured to me that this might not be the thing to do by one's self. So I am asking this community, rather just members, if they'd like to be apart of what I call the CEE Project (Car Energy Environment). If you'd like to join there would be no discrimination to your age, sex, race (as it should be). You can join from any country, consider it Open-Car(Open-Source), I'll be buying a domain soon where results and ideas, concepts, theories, will/can be posted. If you'd like to just reply with an idea for a resource to use you can do that aswell, but I'll deal with some below - that I have thought of.

~Hydrogen~

Environment Friendly: Yes, only expells water (steam).

Cost Friendly: No, stripping the hydrogen is extremely expensive.

Hydrogen Capacity: Low, the tank would have to be heavily insulated and protected as hydrogen is extremely small and can fit into the pours of many metals.

Result: At the moment, unethical - would cost more than gasoline.

~Electric (completely)~

Environment Friendly: Yes and no, in the cars: yes. But it takes gasoline to make electricity at plants (or Nuclear power, etc., etc.)

Cost Friendly: Unknown to me.

Electric Capacity: Medium to Low (at the moment), would take atleast 1,000W+ to power one wheel (correct if wrong).

Result: Iffy, could work - could not.

That's what I've been going over at the moment, if you'd like to help e-mail me at matt@arcotik.net, or just reply in the post. Thank you.

(spelt environment wrong throughout the article, sorry)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2006