Canned Hunting

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by S.A.M., Dec 13, 2007.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Canned hunting facilities, also known as hunting ranches or trophy ranches, are acreages enclosed by high, game-proof fences. For a fee, “hunters” can kill the animals held captive there. The facilities range in size from ten acres to several hundred acres. It is estimated that there are currently over 4,000 hunting ranches in the United States.

Many of these facilities offer a “no-kill, no-fee” policy. Animals in these facilities range from domestic species of game birds, deer and elk, to exotic species such as Russian boar, wildebeest, and zebra. Hunters of all skill levels are welcome and offered a choice of weapons; guns, bow and arrow, and in some cases, spears.

Some facilities offer guides who will go out on ATVs, find the quarry, and drive the animals into the line-of-sight of the hunters. In other cases, tree stands or blinds are set up near feeding stations-you simply wait for the species of your choice to walk by. In some facilities, the animals are drugged.

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2007/12/12/231732.php

People are sick

Hunting club:
    http://www.safariclub.org/

American Humane Society article
    http://www.hsus.org/wildlife/stop_canned_hunts/

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

You got that right

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

They should put all those people in a hunting facility and let them slaughter each other.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Iraq? Already did that I think.

Thats not a solution.

What is the mentality of such people, I wonder?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

No, it isn't a solution. There isn't one really.. people just suck.

8. draqon Banned Banned

well...if they kill animals but not people...its for the better. Otherwise they could have killed normal people like us instead of some antilope. Choosing lesser evil over the other evil.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

It always amazes me that people pay thousands of dollars to go shoot animals for sport, when they could use that money for something to make the world a better place.

10. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I always think of that scene in Crocodile Dundee where he has the wallaby shooting at the poachers, when this subject comes up.

11. draqon Banned Banned

its not about money...its about the feeling and emotions in chaos or synchrony within people

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats what I mean. They would RATHER spend the money on shooting animals.

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

WTF ! :bugeye:

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

If it were up to me, all poachers would be dropped in the middle of the jungle without any defense

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  15. draqon Banned Banned

Enmos...not all humans are in synchrony with themselves. In order to get rid of that tension they need this sort of thing...and it is a lesser evil that if people were killed.

As a representative of a human species I have an obligation to strive for human survival and to improve it.

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I'd rather see those people killed than the animals.

17. draqon Banned Banned

realize that this is wrong.

18. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It isn't more wrong than killing those animals. And as the animals are innocent and those humans murdering bastards, I'd rather see those humans killed.

19. draqon Banned Banned

well than we differ in our opinions.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Me too

21. John99 Banned Banned

LOL. Poachers.

22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Draqon, do you cheer on bullfighters ? Or do you silently hope the bull will kill the bullfighter ?
    For me, definitely the latter..
    Nothing is more despicable than killing animals for the pure fun of it.
    I wouldn't have the slightest problem with capital punishment for people that have done gross injustice to animals. Like for instance in the Netherlands some years ago there was someone killing and seriously wounding animals (like ponies, horses and goats and whatnot) that were in "little zoo's". There isn't a word for it in English I think, I will post pictures.. The animals were stabbed at night, often in their genitals, and were found the next morning either dead or dying.
    Anyway, they can hang that person for all I care..

Examples of 'dierenweides' (literally translated: Animalmeadow... pasture is something else.) as we call them:

23. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

The worrying thought is that there are people out there that get their kicks from making animals suffer. At least if these people were trying to kill other humans then there are laws in place to punish/imprison them, animals have no such protection it seems.