Can you picture Jesus using genocide as Noah’s God did?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Greatest I am, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Can you picture Jesus using genocide as Noah’s God did?

The O.T. God has been described as the vilest God imaginable.

The N.T. shows Jesus as a much softer and gentler and loving God.

Many say that Jesus is God even though there are many who dispute that notion for a number of good reasons.

For this O P, I will assume that there is a Trinity. If you are a Trinitarian, then you would have to see the non-judgemental Jesus who would not even stone a prostitute, as the judgemental O.T. God of Noah’s day, --- who will even drown babies and children.

How do you reconcile the O.T. God with the kind, gentle and forgiving Jesus?

Some will point to a new covenant but God himself says that nothing he says will ever be retract and Jesus himself referred back to the old covenant in the bible so let’s not argue that please.

Can you picture Jesus doing the vile things that scriptures say he did in the O.T.?

Regards
    DL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

The Bible was written by men who necessarily wrote from their own experience and notions.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

That, and the O.T. God wasn't "vile" per say... I mean, as it was, He saw the world for all it's wickedness and, knowing there was no way to redeem its vile populace, took the one good family and those animals and started anew.

In fact, I would go so far as to say that the only reason it hasn't happened again is because, well, He promised to never again destroy the world.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

The Bible was written by men with an agenda.

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

More accurately... the bible was translated, controlled, and re-written many many times by men and organizations wishing to control the uneducated masses

9. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I agree and that makes it a book we should discard as they were not aware of too many things. Evolution for one.

[video=youtube;9c0RFxXrYzg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c0RFxXrYzg&feature=related[/video]

Regards
    DL

10. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Except by fire when he returns and again when the big dump into the lake of fire comes our way.

I am surprised that you limit your limitless God. You say there was no way to redeem its vile populace, yet God can cure as easily as kill yet he always chooses to kill.

He always chooses the Satanic low moral ground instead of the moral high ground.

Regards
    DL

11. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Good God. I agree.

Who helped you?

Regards
    DL

12. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

[video=youtube;sJgvws0ZYUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJgvws0ZYUE[/video]

Regards
    DL

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Like endorse slavery? Sure, he did that.

14. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I thought that that was Paul but Jesus never spoke against it as far as I know.

Regards
    DL

15. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Which "Good God" would that be, GIA?

Going from what you Post, the only God you accept as real is yourself!

BTW #1, I am still waiting for any proof to your false claim that I followed you here from another board. :
    BTW #2, your Posts are written with an agenda, also.
    Is your agenda any different?

16. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

If the biases of men made books useless, we would have very few. And it is hasty to throw out the baby with the bath water. There is some good stuff in the Bible, even if only to provide you with fuel for your propaganda. What else would you do with your time?

17. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

Okay, knock it off, DMOE. This could easily be considered trolling. Please stick to discussing the OP.

18. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Okay, I understand now.

19. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Find some other evil to fight.

Regards
    DL

20. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

No, I can not. Can you?

If families in fictional literature in any way follow real human genetics, then I see no reason that a son should be an exact "clone" or "carbon copy"(see what I did there?) of the father.
    Nearly every human being that I have met, for the most part, seem to be a combination of "qualities" inherited from their parents and other ancestors.

What you may also consider is that the "fictional Dad" never actually lived physically on the surface of his "Creation?!" The "fictional Son" however, did spend some thirty-three or so years actually, physically living on Earth.
    That is without even applying the "nature vs. nurture" argument to the "fictional characters", nor to this little "can you picture" exercise.

The wording of the ^^above^^ question is somewhat ambiguous - "...scriptures say he did in the O.T." - if you are talking of the "Gnostic Scriptures" or some "scriptures" other than the O.T. itself - then you should probably define exactly which "scriptures" that you are speaking of.

If you are speaking of the O.T.'s scriptures in and of itself, then I cannot actually recall "Jesus" being mentioned much at all in the O.T.. If I remember correctly "Jesus" was prophesied in the O.T., but by the name "Immanuel" or something similar.

But hey, I do not claim to be a "Theological Expert" - I only studied theology as a minor in college because it was easy an credit/course that required no studying to maintain an "easy A".
    After all, it is just religious fiction - "it ain't Rocket Surgery or Brain Science"!

21. queeg Registered Member

what i wanna know is, why would a god make a flood? couldnt he just kill everyone with a single thought? so much effort. and i dunno where noah got all his sheets of wood from, it's not like there were saw mills in iraq 4000 years ago

22. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Nights are long around the fire pit and dramatic details enhances the story and makes the teller the center of attraction. Drama is a human need and they were just gratifying that need. That is why they added Revelation. To end with a bang.

Regards
    DL

23. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Jesus of the Trinity is mentioned every time the word God is used.

I think I generally agree with most of this (we are products of our environment), but I won't answer to most of this post because of the attitude in it.

I also found it disjointed and would likely misunderstand some of it.

Clean it up and I will be pleased to answer because you make some excellent points.

Regards
    DL