Can you learn to remember shit from your dreams?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by visceral_instinct, Oct 10, 2008.

1. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I went lucid during one of my dreams last night. It was a boring dream, but still, achieving a lucid dream was good. I was sitting in a dark room reading a text about hallucinogenic drugs. I remember some of the text, and, when I looked up and down the page, nothing morphed around.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

VI: I remember reading in a book once long ago that suggested that you should try to look at your hands in your dreams if you think of it. That is supposed to help the lucid dreaming process. I remember vaguely accomplishing it a couple of times in dreams when I made a very conscious effort to do so as I was falling asleep.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fathoms Banned Banned

Habitual behavior in the real world translates to habitual behavior in the dream world which is why so much of us go along with the reality presented to us in the dream without questioning it. One technique that's always had success for me is to, in waking life, read a peice of text or the time, look away, then read it again. Eventually, to your astonishment, you'll end up doing this and finding that the words or the numbers changed in the few seconds you looked away, which of course means you've successfully induced a lucid dream.

Dream recall is of course tantamount to lucid dreaming success. For all you are aware of you could be having lucid dreams once or twice a week and not remember them. I find that the more attention you pay to dreams, the more you recall them, and the more you recall them the more vivid they become, and then the more vivid they become the greater the chance of a lucid experience.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.