Can you help but do evil? I do not see how. Do you?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Greatest I am, Jul 30, 2012.

1. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Surviving is no sin. Competition is fantastic!

I just said, sinning is painful to me. If anything I hold it that way. Back down, GIM.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. elte Valued Senior Member

I was going to post about particular points, but I think we basically agree, and indeed, trouble with semantics is a problem plaguing people.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

Maybe this post scared off GIA, even after trolling for a substantive argument. Still waiting for a reciprocal argument.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I will if you start thinking.

Do you intentionally go around doing things that hurt you?

You say you do but I see that as B S.

Regards
    DL

8. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I see no question. Just your usual preaching.

All you want is a reaction on your personal B S and you will not get it.

Regards
    DL

9. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Evolution has no winners. How droll.

Regards
    DL

10. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Competing for jobs is like pool balls "competing" for position in the rack, or people jostling for position in a buffet line. There's room for everybody. It isn't really competing for resources and there's certainly nothing evil about it.

11. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

Why would there be a question? You had trolled me for an argument, not a question. And it seems that once you have received a substantive argument you are, troll-like, completely unwilling to provide one of your own or even refute any part of what you so desperately asked for. And this nonsense about preaching is obviously only projection, seeing how you are unwilling to make any substantive argument of you own, rather than proclamations.

Seems the only thing personal here is your unwillingness to address any argument that you know you are incapable of refuting. Have it your way. Your inability is acknowledged.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  12. kx000 Valued Senior Member

No I intentionally, or unintentionally don't sin. Get over it.

13. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Tell the 10 million or so that die under the age of 10 of easily preventable causes that there is room for all. They will set you straight.

You do your share of evil in their eyes as they too may have lost to simple competition.

Regards
    DL

14. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Keep your head in the sand.

Regards
    DL

15. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

You're moving the goalposts. You said that competing for jobs is evil and I pointed out that it isn't. When children die, it may or may not be because of "evil" but it isn't because of people competing for jobs. Arguably, competition for jobs improves the economy as a whole and makes us more capable of helping out the less fortunate nations. If their plight is caused by "evil", you'll have to look elsewhere for the source.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  16. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I have not moved the posts at all.

In competing for resources, including jobs, it can be said that the parents of those who are dying kept losing the competitions against others for those resources till they could no longer do their duty to their children.
    All of our small competitioms and evils must stop somewhere and the death of the less fit is where it all lands.

Regards
    DL

17. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

It can be said but does it have any basis in fact? When we see children starving - in Africa, for example - it isn't because their parents are competing for jobs. Their parents are subsistance farmers and it's constant warfare that prevents them from producing enugh food - and the food that they do produce is stolen to feed the soldiers. It may be evil and it may be competition for resources but it isn't competition for jobs.

18. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Jobs are resources the same way food is.

You say it is not competing for jobs that the soldiers are doing but is is competition that is lost by the dying.
    Competition is what kills them and you competing with others ends in killing the one at the end of the line.
    Neither of us like that idea but it is reality. We have both contributed to evil from the losers POV.

Regards
    DL

19. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

What? Exactly how does me competing for a job cause children to die in Africa? Show the detailed mechanism please.

20. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

We live on a world where we have finite resources.
    Jobs are resources.
    Have you not heard your political masters cry of the hardships to the population if too many jobs are exported?

If we do not export those same jobs, do the hungry and dying of the poorer countries not suffer hardships?
    Yes they do.

If you cannot fathom the long chain, try a short one.
    Let us say that there are only 10 jobs/resources, in your little town of 11 workers.
    If you competed for the 10th job and won, are you not forcing the 11th worker to go hungry without a way of feeding his children?
    Yes you are. But if you did not cause his losing the competition, then you would lose and you would see it as evil, in survival terms, because your children would be the hungry ones.

Regards
    DL

21. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

But it's competiton here that causes jobs to be exported. The harder we compete over here, the more jobs there are over there.

Of course not. We have all kinds of social safety nets, both government and private, to prevent people from starving over here. Your claim was that people are starving over there because of our competition over here.

22. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Are we not living in an economy that is worldwide?
    Yes we are.
    Yet you think that what we do does not affect others.

All we all ever do all day is cooperate or compete. When we compete we do evil to the loser.
    Understand that and the rest will follow.
    From there, think demographically and you will get the big picture.

Regards
    DL

23. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

So you cannot possibly be responsible for whether you commit evil because everyone is responsible for "evil" half a world away all the time? So blaming everyone equally without qualification means your own irresponsibility is commonplace. What a grand excuse.