Can War be Stopped?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by dbrey33, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Plans and intricacies have nothing to do with anything.
    Just like creating a flying vehicle object that transports people from country to country.

The point is not to sit here, and lay out all the blue prints. The point is the blue prints will never be created unless we stop being idiots, and start creating them.

Can I give you all the blue prints right here and now on "what the hell I'm going to do about the war and violence"?
    You people are truly living in a dreamworld.
    1. I am not denying that I don't have all the wonderful strategic blueprints you are requesting.
    2. I continue to hold that if I or anybody else would like to, such blueprints can be develop.
    3. Blueprints for a pacifist planet through pacifist methods.

If you would like to deny that this can and will happen, enjoy yourself, and continue living in your putrid disillusional mindwarp.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Is that really him?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

And the dangers are from someone else using those very same weapons in an aggressive nature. Talking about defense makes virtually no sense unless you include a discussion about offense or aggression!

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Maybe, could that person live here?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Defensiveness and fear lead to agression.
    People are aggressive because they are scared.

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

That's odd ...that's not what you implied earlier. Why should anyone be defensive if there's no one who's being aggressive???

Baron Max

10. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

All I seem to be getting from emperor is irrelevant fallacy.

1. We have always done it. Therefore, we will always do it.
    2. Ad populumanialium - All animals do it. Therefore, it is part of human nature.
    3. If I post a link about a bunch of monkeys fighting, it will support my position that humans are violent by nature.

Unfortunately, 123 = FALLACY

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Tell me, Lix, what do you really think of people who disagree with you? And is that how you'd feel about them if you were the king of the world? Or if your "Brave New World" were instituted, then what would you do with people who disagreed with you? Shoot them? Isolate them in prisons? Inject them with mind-numbing drugs so they would be more pliable for your ideas?

Baron Max

12. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I have already stated a bizillion gazillion time on this forum the answer to that. Again and again it is the same idiotic question. The answer is true education that does not teach people how to think, but how to think for themselves. Any regime that is against people learnig to think for themeslves is garbage. It is important to impose individual thought.

13. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Is that so?
    What did I imply earlier?
    Please spell it out for me and quote me.

Do you actually bother reading anything I say, or do you simply skim it, and fill in the blanks with your pre-conceived notions of what someone like me WOULD say?

If a little kid is afraid of monsters hiding under his bed, does that mean that there are really monsters hiding under his bed?

As I said earlier, "Both are used to protect themselves from perceived dangers."

14. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

:roflmao:

15. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

couldent have said it better myself.

peace.

16. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

1. we have always done it, and you fail to show any evidence of a peacefull world, i can show plenty of evidence supporting war like behavior in humans.

2. not all animals go to wat, but humans and chimps do because it is natural for us. i have already showed you evidence supporting this with scientific claims. but it is natural for animals to fight,

3. i didnt post a link about a bunch of monkeys fighting, chimps are not monkeys they are apes like humans, i posted a link showing the connection and simular war like behavior that humans and chimps posess.

just because it is ethical and moral in your eyes, it does not make it a reality in the real world or in the animal kingdom,

peace.

17. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Can War be Stopped?

Sure, why not? (human) war is created by human. If human could create it,
    why cannot human stop creating it. I could think of two conditions when war
    could be stopped:
    1. After very big war. Like because of shock. If there should be WWIII, for
    example, there could be a shock. Nations will sign treaty to avoid such war
    again. Temporarily there will be peace. But then again it only temporarily.
    Its proven by history.
    2. When all life are stop. Like because of war. Say a country or a group of
    people frustrated enough to 'blow' biological weapons, kill all life on earth.
    No life no war.

18. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

number 2 is the most logical.

do you know howmany treaties have been signed in the past? how many alliances have been forged? nations remain peacefull when they are not losing out much, look at all of the previous trade deals with the middle east and the usa, bin laden used to work for the us government, and iraq used to be supplied guns and weapons by the us government, now look what happened, as soon as iraq does something that pisses off america bang! theres war.

we ally with nations all of the time but its only so we can gain from it, its not because we actualy want peace and love etc. name one nations that allied with anouther when they didnt get anything out of it.

peace.

19. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

You do not understand the concept of logic.
    1. You are claiming you can show lots of examples of warlike behavior in humans. This cannot logically translate that humans do not exhibit peaceful behavior. Nor does it logically translate that war will never be abolished. Get over it. Learn some logic.

2. Showing examples of chimps and humans going to war does not mean war is part of human nature. Again, learn some logic.

3. Humans and chimps might share some behaviors, but they do not share all beaviors. If I felt like caviling, I could pick any animal I want to, and find some behavior similar to humans. The point is, your statement about humans and chimps sharing some behaviors does not support your assertion that war is part of human nature. Nor does it support you assertion that humans will always partake in such a pointless illogical activity. Learn some logic.

20. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

And you don't understand the concept of human nature, of how humans interact, of human emotions, of human greed. In every single one of your posts, you disregard those basic concepts by simply SAYING something ...and proving/showing nothing.

Baron Max

21. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I have already stated that those are in no way aspects of human nature, but disfunctions of human nature. Instead of proving me wrong, all you are doing is repeating the same thing as if it has any substance in this discussion.

You cannot prove those are part of human nature. It is not logically relevant to use pseudoscientific ideas to support your position that war is necessary, practical, and should not be abolished.

I have already posted descriptions in this thread about what can properly be considered human nature. Instead of repeating the same thing as if I had not already addressed this, try moving the discussion forward, and provide your reasons for proclaiming my version of "human nature" to be incorrect, and yours to be correct.

EXAMPLE OF IDIOTIC CIRCULAR REASONING:
    IDIOT: Greed is human nature.

ME: No, greed is an abnormality of human functioning. Eating fruits is part of human nature.

IDIOT: But you refuse to understand that greed is part of human nature.

Repeating something that has already been addressed as if it has not yet been addressed does not move a discussion forward. Results:
    CIRCULAR REASNONING

Once again, there are certain significant characteristics of humans that are practically shared by ALL humans with little exception. This is human nature. Geed, violence, war is not something shared by significantly by all humans. Only some humans abide by these impractical abnormalities. It is absurd to consider abnormalities that some humans abide by to be a trait shared by all human alike as human nature.

Wrong.
    The facts still remain.

If you are going to keep claiming that war and violence are not a disfunction, but part of a healthy functioning intellect, there has to be some reasoning. Fine nothing we are talking about here can be proving empircally, but at least give some better examples about what is so great about war and violence. Stop claiming BS like. Oh we have done it througout history, and are doing it now - - Therefore, war and violence is a great healthy part of our nature that is so wonderful and practical. That argument is so jackasstic, it is not even woth considering. Stop using logical fallacies, and give us some practicality. What is so great, practical, and healthy about war and violence?

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Okay, call it whatever you like ...but you still haven't explained how your "Brave New World" is going to deal with it ...and still maintain your ideal of "freedom" for all.

Fine. But it only takes a very few of those to cause major problems in the world. Take Hitler, for example, huh?? How are you going to deal with those few people, Lix, and still maintain your ideal of "freedom" for all?

I'm also curious about how you're going to deal with peope who seem to get violently angry over minor little things ...like you've been doing over just a few innocent little words on your computer screen. How are you going to deal with your anger, Lix?

It's good for the economy. It's good for thinning the herd of human populations that seem to be exploding. It's good for manufacturing jobs. It's sometimes good for national pride and spirit. It's good for undertakers and grave diggers and cemetary operators.

Baron Max

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If people fought wars only when they felt personally threatened, I think it would be a great improvement over the condition we have now, which is war with standing armies by state entities for political reasons. Often the soldiers involved don't even know or care why they are fighting, they aren't supposed to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.