Can Robots Make Ethical Decisions?

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by sandy, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Origionaly posted by cluelusshusbund
    So do you thank consciousness is supernatural.???

Do you beleive thers an "entity" which is the cause of consciousness bein "inbuilt" into livin organisms.???

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

No it is not. It is being alive.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. raggamax Banned Banned

Yes thats what I believe in. Right or wrong who knows really.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

“ Originally Posted by Grim_Reaper
    Consciousness is self awareness...

SO who could you program something that is intangible into a robot AI. ”

Origonaly posted by cluelusshusbund
    So you do thank that consciousness is supernatural.???

Do you thank consciousness is nonpsychical.???

8. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Do you beleive thers an "entity" which is the cause of consciousness bein "inbuilt" into livin organisms.???

I dont thank anybody knows for certan ether... so why say you "beleive" in somptin when ther ant no verifiable evidence for it.???

9. thinking Banned Banned

the biggest problem though is this ;

can electronics learn ?

I had a chess game yrs ago , that if I played the same move over and over , the game adjusted and anticipated my move

10. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

No.

The programme "learned".

11. kmguru Staff Member

You mean electronics as in devices that has a flow of electrons?

12. raggamax Banned Banned

I don't need an evidence for each and everything that I come across. Some things are only meant to be felt not explained or proved I guess.

13. Dredd Dredd Registered Senior Member

One robot's ethics is another robot's sins.

14. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

A acton preformed by a robot woud only be preceived as moral in the eyes of som... do humans do any beter.???

Originally Posted by anuraganimax
    ....I really don't think it is possible to program consciousness of a soul into the robot. ”

Originally Posted by anuraganimax
    Yes thats what I believe in.

"I don't need an evidence for each and everything that I come across. Some things are only meant to be felt not explained or proved I guess."

Posted by cluelusshusbund
    Do you thank humanity woud be beter served if the directon of its efforts to gane knowledge was based mor heavily on unevidenced personal beleifs than the scientific method.???

15. raggamax Banned Banned

Hehehe

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

. This is where the fun lies. Science and philosophy appear to be complementary entities to me. I agree with this-
    "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

16. raggamax Banned Banned

It seems to me that it is not possible to give a robo free will which a human has by programming unless you believe in those science fictions and movies. Unfortunately I have no answer for you if you ask what "free will" is and from where it originates.
    It seems this "free will" is the key difference between a living and a non living thing and is a consequence of having a soul.

17. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

18. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Do you thank humanity woud be beter served if the directon of its efforts to gane knowledge was based mor heavily on unevidenced personal beleifs than the scientific method.???

So i will know what you mean... give an esample of uneviidenced personal beleifs bein complementary to the scientific method.!!!

You agree that a "moral" acton taken by a robot woud not be preceived as moral in the eyes of all humans... but nether are the moral decisons made by humans seen as moral by all humans.!!!

You clame humans have it... but what do you mean by "free-will"... the ability to make uninfluenced decisions... or what.???

19. raggamax Banned Banned

Tell me are you into physics?

As I already said b4 free will and its origin both are a mystery.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  20. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Originally Posted by cluelusshusbund
    So i will know what you mean... give an esample of uneviidenced personal beleifs bein complementary to the scientific method.!!!

I quit school in 9th grade an ive never had a phsyics class but readin aboout physics here has been interestin... but i wont know if im into it enuff to undeerstan you'r esample until you give it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You clame humans have it... but what do you mean by "free-will"... the ability to make uninfluenced decisions... or what.??? ”

Is free-will somptin you'r glad you have... an if so... why.???

21. raggamax Banned Banned

Well there is a kind of split in the physics today. There are scientists who believe in current models of science and there are others who shun it. The reason they shun is more due to a philosophical reason than a scientific one.
    Current theories are wildly successful and agrees well with scientific findings but are in aversion to philosophy of causality. The law of cause and effect which says a cause always precedes an effect. The mainstream theory says that there is no causality and the world we see is basically random at the core and the law of chance determines all. Some scientists have also suggested that this randomness is the cause of human free will. One of the giants Albert Einstein who had a hand in the creation of this theory himself shunned it afterward. This has led to creation of groups like NPA or Natural philosophy alliance which is group of physics professors,researchers and scientists who are dissatisfied with today's science.
    They try to restore the law of causality back to physics by proposing new and better models than the established ones. Mainstream usually retorts by calling them cranks. Do you see now how philosophy can affect science.

I'll pass on this. Its hard to put it in words.

22. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

...give an esample of uneviidenced personal beleifs bein complementary to the scientific method.!!!

Theories are based on scientific findins so its perty much a givin they will be agreeable wit each other.!!!

I didnt know any of that stuff.!!!

No... do you thank philosophy trumps facts.???

---------
    Is free-will somptin you'r glad you have... an if so... why.???

oK... how bout this which only requires a yes or a no:::

Is free-will somptin you'r glad you have.???

23. raggamax Banned Banned

Not as simple as you may think it is. The theories today are based more on deductions(weakest of scientific methods) and on speculation more than observable experimental data. That is why there are philosophical problems arising.

I figured it would be so.

Actually philosophy is not aversion to facts. Philosophy is often supported by facts, experiences and history.

Ya its probably the only thing which you can use against fate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.