Can "New Posts" display longer?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by MacGyver1968, Jan 31, 2014.

1. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I typically start my browsing here at SF by click the "new posts" button, and checking out the latest posts. Sometimes I may spend a while reading a longer thread or writing a response, and when I repress the "new posts" button, the list has been cleared. Is there a way to increase the time before the list clears?

Mac

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Er ... um ....

The first thing to mind is to use tabs. CTRL-T for new tab/home, or for this purpose, CTRL-click to open the link; also, check your preferences on tabs, and it's, and launch each new post in a separate tab, closing the tab when done. It's CMD-T or CMD-click for Safari; I would imagine CTRL-T for other systems and browsers.

The thing is that I know the New Posts are cookie-based; what's happening is that when you leave the page, the cookie is updating.

Beyond that, we'll have to wait for the tech support cavalry for better suggestions. In truth, I don't generally use the New Posts feature, even though it would probably save me a bunch of time as a moderator; it's just something I never use and generally forget about. Sorry I don't have more.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Tiassa hit it on the head there - soon as you click on new posts, it clears the listing of what hasn't been seen since your last visit. No real way to extend it on these boards... your best bet is, if you use Chrome, to Control+Click the post - this will open it in a new tab without removing the existing list

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

you might try saving the new posts page to your hard drive or desktop.