Can me and women be friends?

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by artistmosi, May 1, 2006.

1. artistmosi Registered Senior Member

I asked the manager of my apartment building, who is 28 years old, to go out with me to a jazz concert. I went out and had a great time. Then, a few days ago, I asked her to go to the movies. She said yes, but then something came up. She goes home alot on the weekends. Anyway, I love hanging out with her but I'm not romantically interested in her. I'm wondering if she considers it a date when I ask her to go out.

I have had a couple female friends spend the night at my apartment when they were visiting my city. There was no sex or anything.

Is that normal? I mean, can a guy ask a woman out and it is just on a friendship level or is that always considered a date when a guy ask a woman out.

Is it normal to have a female friend spend a night at my house and just be friends, with no sex involved. What do you guys think. Can me and women be friends?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. BSFilter Nature has no kindess/illwill Registered Senior Member

Its whatever you want, man. I hang out with girls all the time in which I have no sexual interest.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. makeshift Registered Senior Member

It's an atypical scenario, but I see nothing wrong with it. So long as you're honest with her and don't lead her on or anything. Let her know you want it to be platonic.

But that could cause problems if your friend has a serious romantic relationship with another male. Guys don't want their women hanging out with guys for good reason -- unless the men their woman is hanging out with are gay. Personally, I wouldn't be very comfortable if my girlfriend was always seeing some other heterosexual dude. Because, like I said, it's atypical. If the dude is gay, castrated, effeminate, etc. that's another animal.

Are you gay?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

artistmosi, the first thing that popped into my head when I read your question was "how can I know what she is thinking"?
    This is one of those questions where I would need to personally know her, and have talked to her about it to answer the question.

8. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I'm 'just friends' with a lot of girls, in fact I have more female friends than male (about 90%) and we hang out frequently,
    whether their boyfriends like it or not, I don't care.

9. artistmosi Registered Senior Member

I'm definitely not gay. She had just broken up with her boyfriend, so that wasn't a problem I don't think.

10. artistmosi Registered Senior Member

Just a note. The title of this thread is Can men and women be friends

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. makeshift Registered Senior Member

Actually it's not. It is: Can me and women be friends.

I originally thought it was supposed to be Can men and women be friends, but then you reiterated the same question at the end of your post, so I figured you were trying to be cute by using awkward/wrong grammar.

Plus, it's a pretty dumb question, which is perhaps why we're in the Cesspool.

12. Tnerb Banned Banned

sounds like one a mi threads... "can men and women be friends"
    you're copying me!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

well.... can women and men be friends.... yes, and that is the ultimate point for seeing things. there is no other view. unless you are a sexist.
    there is no other.
    be a shit

13. warden99 Registered Member

Of course they can , just dont speak to them for four to five days a month and you will be fine

14. My Sexy Blue Feet Out sunbaking, leave a msg... Registered Senior Member

It's possible, but just make the rules clear. I'm a chick who has most of her friends male, including male roommates. As long as there's no obvious flirting eg. touching, paying for things, then it's perfectly fine to be friends with whoever you want.

15. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Use the following simple equation:

(DO YOU FIND HER ATTRACTIVE? x DOES SHE FIND YOU ATTRACTIVE?) / (IS SHE ATTACHED? x ARE YOU ATTACHED?)

Let me know if you ever work out the answer.