Can fate and free will co-exist?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Adam, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Angelus Daughter Of House Ravenhearte Registered Senior Member

I really need to get around to reading Nietzsche.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I'm just not well, EvilPoet...

And I won't reply to any other thread either...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well
    TruthSeeker. I hope you feel better soon.

Take care,
    EvilPoet

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

ignore this post...

Why Phrenetic? You have no response about the previous statement? Then why post? Wait... I know. Your one of those new members that just want to see their post number go up. I see how it is.

And if you really dont have a response to that then I feel very sorry for you.

8. Phrenetic :D Registered Senior Member

I see my user title was removed - too late. I will delete the post, because I don't care about that little number below my nickname.

No, I don't think you do. But thanks for assuming and inferring I'm a slimeball.

Why? Would it make me pathetic or ignorant? I fail to see why you would feel sorry for me if I did not have a response to the subject.

EDIT: As to the topic, I see the notions of fate and free will as created by homo sapiens. Other animals are not concerned with this. Fate and free will may (to some) appear to contradict one another, creating a sort of paradox given that they coexist - however, this paradox is present within the axioms of the system that created it and would not necessarily hold given a larger set of rules.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2002
  9. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

As to the topic, I see the notions of fate and free will as created by homo sapiens. Other animals are not concerned with this. Fate and free will may (to some) appear to contradict one another, creating a sort of paradox given that they coexist - however, this paradox is present within the axioms of the system that created it and would not necessarily hold given a larger set of rules.

Thats all I wanted to hear.

10. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

Perhaps there is a pattern to the universe. Mabye...Mabye not but even if there is do you think anything in this universe is with out change?
    If fate does existed would it be so limited as we percieave it?