Can animals reach enlightenment?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Why?, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Donnal Registered Member

i closed my eyes and turned the light on is lit up but i cant see the light
    when the torch is lit darkness is gone
    is this the whole truth
    i ahm dont htink i will be coming back in this forum for a while i never see what others see and i try my hardest to express myself and i get critized for my typing but i have the worst arthiritis and its hard to type sumtimes and is hard to have a say when one is mocked bout their say i just want you people to know one thing and this is hard for me to say i know darkness more so than u can ever imagine do not criticize when more people come in to this forum let them have their say dont judge them for their religeon
    or spelling mistakes or the end of sentences or their kinowledge
    be true to ur own heart
    people will come in hear all over the world with different beliefs try to exchange them with urs not ridicule them
    is why animals do have more elightenment than humans

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rick Valued Senior Member

Yes.

Regards
    Rick

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Yorda Registered Senior Member

most atheists believe that their consciousness won't survive when the body dies, because souls are almost the only things that can survive death, and atheists usually don't believe in souls because they are related to god, and atheist means: someone who doesn't believe in god

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

!!

Yorda !?

8. Yorda Registered Senior Member

what? of course my body dies like everything else..

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Then the only difference between you and me is that you believe there is something more to you than your body and I do not. But the body still dies, and to me the body is me.

10. Yorda Registered Senior Member

how can you believe that? my body is just a tool... it's not me. i'm not a person either because personalities are just thoughts, my creations...

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

So what is you then, do you know ?

12. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

A complex multidimensional individual formed of many different inseparable energetic vibrations who hasn´t recognized his true nature... yet...

13. Yorda Registered Senior Member

consciousness

the true nature can't be recognized because everything is true nature.

14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Consciousness dies with the brain.

15. Cyperium I'm always me Valued Senior Member

I think this is just for us humans.

A animal that is aware the same way that we are would be very sad I think.

To kill a animal that has reached that kind of awareness would be a crime, and it would be morally devastating to the human that killed it.

That's why animals should never reach that awareness in the world as it looks now. The world is not a peaceful place.

May happen that in time when the world has reached a peaceful state that animals can be brought to that kind of awareness. Or that we all would live forever.

16. Yorda Registered Senior Member

this specific body loses its connection to consciousness when it dies. i just create a new body and then i'm back to earth.

i'm like electricity running through a wire... just because the wire breaks doesn't mean i disappear. it just means i can't flow through that specific wire anymore.

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

So what is this consciousness you are talking about made of ?
    You make yourself a new body while you are only consciousness, no body ? How ? :bugeye:

18. Yorda Registered Senior Member

thoughts.

well, it's humans who create new bodies with sex, but consciousness guides the process. our bodies are recreated each day.

when there were no physical bodies yet, we had to create the bodies from scratch by imagining them into being.