Calling all people in construction! or anyone that will likely to understand this!

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Captain_Crunch, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

o.k, so heres the score; this is my project that we have to do. I cant make head nor tail of the question. We were told that we were not supposed to get this project until half way through 2nd year (by another lecturer) but ive only started my course about 2 months ago. He cant change it now because its already been issued and now i will have to go to the Dean and ask for an extention and while im at it; file a compliant. If anyone can interpret this question i would be very grateful.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Just to see how close I can guess....

"Construct a spreadsheet utilising a look-up table to investigate the influence of mix proportions (i.e. crushing strength grade) on the level of bill item rates for concrete in foundations."

This says to me (no construction experience, other that construction-related clients): "In excel, or something else, create a spreadsheet with a look-up table that shows how cost varies according to different mixtures of sand, gravel, cement, and water intended for various types of concrete building foundations.

"The lookup table for mix proportions should reflect a current specification for weigh batched concrete. The investigation results should be reported in financial and statistical terms."

Perhaps: The lookup table should include an actual specification of mix proportion based on weight/ingredient (maybe weight/volume/truck) versus cost/profit ratio and statistical variation of the ratio between mixture recipies (or something entirely different

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

).

I think weigh-batched concrete is mixed at the plant, then trucked to the construction site.

Largely guesses on my part.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

thanks for the help mr g. i totally forgot about this thread as i have another in free thoughts and not many people replied.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.