Bush Wants To Be the "Peace President"???

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Norman, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Undecided Banned Banned

What about 150,000 men with air support from Herat and various other places quite like it?

That doesn’t change anything; all it shows is that Heart is a target for Iranian missiles. The US cannot win a war with an Air Force attack against Iran, the country is too huge. If you want to depose of the Ayatollah you got to get on the ground and fight. Also Iran’s air defenses are rather strong, although not much a challenge against a large US force, it can do some damage. Imo there is simply no way the US can actually invade Iran and win.

Since when were these my games?

Well I didn’t mean you specifically, although if you did vote for Bush then you deserve some slander.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

I really have no idea whether or not the US's growing military presence in central Eurasia would give it a victory in Iran. I don't know how effective aerial bombardment would be against zealous guerilla forces, but I would wager that it'd make a difference.

It's kind of silly to consider it, though. It's not going to happen.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Undecided Banned Banned

I really have no idea whether or not the US's growing military presence in central Eurasia would give it a victory in Iran. I don't know how effective aerial bombardment would be against zealous guerilla forces, but I would wager that it'd make a difference.

Of course a strong American presence in Central Asia will raise the ire of Iran, but also the US is now treading on territory that both Russia and China are fighting for as well. The US presence in Afghanistan (assuming that it actually happens) will create the new “great race” for Central Asian oil, and natural gas. The US can attack Iran aerially but in reality that is not going to change anything except charge up 70 million Persians for a war. Iran sacrificed over 1 million men in the 80’s against Iraq in her failed invasion attempts for 8 long years, what makes us think that they won’t fight even harder against the US? The difference that an American attack would be that it would really turn the world on its head.

It's not going to happen.

One can only hope not, for your sake. *coughdraftcough*

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

Never Say Never as long as Bush is president! If he finds a strong enough 9/11 link in Iran, watch out!

Yob Atta

8. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

Let us hope that the so-called "Peace President" Bush is not re-elected..........

Yob Atta

9. shadarlocoth Registered Senior Member

Here is what I think bush is going to do he will push Iran to the point and then sence thet little freak out that there 3rd in command did about there missles being ready and all speech and how they are going to nuke us... He will get them to attack one of our bases with a nuke... Really should not take much to get them to do that.

after they nuke our underground air base humm... underground.... you might think that they are going up aginst nukes wouldn't you? Then bush says green light and we shoot off 2 or 3 peace keepers from the states and 6-8 min later all the military bases and odds are the capital will be a smoldering hole...

We had justifcation they nuked us first.... Thats how it will play out...

If they some how get a nuke to the states well then it won't be 2-3 peace keepers its going to be a full on glassing over of Iran.

10. Preacher_X Registered Senior Member

just like the link to Iraq and Al Qaeda

i guess America cant stop bumming zionists up the arse.

Syria next, i can tell.

11. Undecided Banned Banned

Ascertained? Do you honestly think that Bush can say that?

12. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

I believe Bush really thinks he can make the american people believe him when he says Iraq has WMD. I also believe if Bush is re-elected, he will try and convince the american people he's found a strong enough 9/11 link in Iran to warrant the U.S. to attack! Don't believe it? Re-elect Bush and find out.

Yob Atta

13. buffys Registered Loser Registered Senior Member

aah, political cartoons. It never ceases to amaze me how a drawing can say more than a 1000 word essay.

I think political debate should be confined to cartoons, artist against artist. It would save us all from the the vacuum that occupies most of the discussion. There's just something pure about a clever picture that cuts through all the crap.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2004