Bush Wants To Be the "Peace President"???

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Norman, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Undecided Banned Banned

Why would Iran not fear an invasion? Do you think there is no base in the US for such an enterprise, or do you think the invasion itself would fail?

Yes the invasion the fail, quite simply Iran has millions of men ready to fight, and fight for real. This isn’t some Iraq here, we are talking about a country who is much more nationalistic, and more defensive. No matter how much some might try to villianize the Ayatollahs the fact remains that they defend not only Iran, but Shi’a Islam. The US would not be able to field enough men, consider it would take upwards of 600,000 men to fight North Korea, whose land mass is 1/20 the size of Iran, and whose population is ¼ that of Iran. Even if the US could muster enough men (in excess of a million) you would still have significant problems getting anywhere. There is no base for which the US can successfully attack Iran. It can’t attack through Iraq because the Mountains would make the passage a deadly one, an invasion from Afghanistan would fail, the troops would be at the mercy of the dry deserts of the region, and an invasion from the south would be repulsed because you have another huge mountain change to go through. Tehran is not Baghdad by any stretch of the imagination, and the US would never make it imo. So if you genius’ decide to invade Iran, I will be safely drinking lemonade. Also don’t expect anyone in this world to actually help you.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. skywalker 3 @ T M 3 Registered Senior Member

You did not even let me enjoy it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nebula Occasionally Frequent Registered Senior Member

That's funny. Bush said he was "a war president."

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

I think with Bush there is a "fine line" between war & peace!

Yob Atta

8. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"You did not even let me enjoy it."

Sorry, Sky- I was hoping Pothead would put a little effort of thought in, having been shown some respect. Oh, well.

9. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

How much of a problem could such a terrain pose?
    What about Britain? Would they help, you think?

10. Facial Valued Senior Member

Bush had his four years.

11. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

He hasn't actually "had" them yet, so to speak.

12. Wrong Robot Registered Senior Member

That flip flopper!

13. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

He also said he would not be a "nation builder" either.

14. Undecided Banned Banned

How much of a problem could such a terrain pose?

Imagine, no roads, rocky desert, blazing hot days, freezing night, with the occasional ambush, and major battles along the way in the cities. American forces imo wouldn’t be able to do it. America may have the most advanced military on Earth, but there is always the devil of the supply lines, imo they would be stretched and sitting ducks for the Iranian army, and militia.

http://www.iran-now.de/bilder/map/iran.gif

About 1000 km to Tehran from Afghanistan, let me tell you 150,000 men wouldn’t make it.

What about Britain? Would they help, you think?

Oh man, you have to stop…the UK hardly supported you in Iraq, the UK doesn’t have military large enough, and no one wants to pay for that Iranian mess. No you are alone, with the occasional bombing by the Israeli’s. If Israel helps you, then really it is no holds bar in the Middle East, everyone would want to kill an American. Play your imperial games, you will eventually fail.

15. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

I agree.......If the U.S. "Bush" decides to bomb and invade Iran, America will be a most hated country. No american will be safe anywhere amd terrorists will converge on the U.S. and U.S. interests everywhere they can. Bush would be crazy to attack Iran but Bush is crazy anyway!

Yob Atta

16. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

Bosh only missed by one letter!

Anyway, Bosh seems to be starting to cook up a plan to invade two countries. All I can say is that he's out of his fucking mind (excuse the language, but it was for emphasis). I disliked Bush when he was elected, I wasn't keen on him when he went fo Afganistan, I loathed him when he went to Iraq, but there are no words to describe what I would think of him if he went to Iran. "Hey, let's fuck up another country and take their oil, I'm hated enough already, my country has been given a bad enough name, why not go all the way?!".

17. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

18. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

If Bush is re-elected, you can bet that if he found a strong enough 9/11 link there, he would attack and invade Iran.........He would that as his excuse to bomb them. He's crazy enough to do it and he will if he's re-elected regardless of what the U.S. congress and american people says! Look what he did in Iraq!

Yob Atta

19. Esoteric Tragic Hero Registered Senior Member

Bill Clinton, July 13

But you think he's(Bush) beatable?

Clinton: The central error he made was in abandoning compassionate conservatism. But I predict that they will try to undo it between now and the election, like they did in Iraq -- it's gonna be an interesting thing to watch.

Geoge W Bush, July 20

Bush Says: 'I Want to Be the Peace President'

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040721/ts_nm/campaign_bush_dc_5

George W Bush, July 23

To periodic smatterings of applause from the black audience, he asserted that his prescription of tax relief, education reform and compassionate conservatism is doing far more than the traditional programs of Democrats to address the nation's ills that hit particularly hard at blacks.
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&ncid=703&e=1&u=/ap/20040723/ap_on_el_pr/bush

We'll see if it works this time.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2004
  20. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

It's very keen of you, and of ol' Bubba (funny how intelligent he seems now in comparison to his successor) to so readily recognize this manipulation- But it's also very risky for the Busheviks to attempt this: If American conservatives take notice of the manipulations in any measurable numbers, the Bush Administration is toast. The heat is on, and I'm sure Kristol, Perle, Rove, Cheney, and the rest of the cabal are feeling it.

Watching Bush strategists take breathtaking gambles in everything they do is getting distinctly disconcerting: They've already bet more than living American generations can pay, and have yet to come up definitively winners. If their already evident compulsive gambling, and Bushevik aversion to losing get the better of them, we've got Trouble- Right here in River City! With a capital "T", that rhymes with "P", that stands for Provocation.

21. buffys Registered Loser Registered Senior Member

it really IS funny, clintons legacy was a bit of a question mark after he left office. but after a few years with bush, clinton looks like a cross between einstein, superman, lincon and ghandi in retrospect. His flaws could have sunk him in history's eyes but now they seem like quaint little eccentricities. It could be said that bush saved his reputation, ironic really.

22. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

Looking back almost 4 years, if Gore would have won the election, I doubt very seriously if he would have went after Sadam. Gore would have probably just concentrated the U.S. military in trying to find Osama Bin Laden and not risk invading and bombing (maybe a little once in a while) Iraq. He might have been a more conservative president with a lot more intelligence and common sense than Bush. Bush is a "clueless" president! Right on Michael Moore!

Yob Atta

23. bandwidthbandit Registered Senior Member

Yeah he want's a piece of Iraq, a piece of Iran, and a piece of any other country with lots of oil in it.