Bush the deserter

Discussion in 'Politics' started by WildBlueYonder, Feb 5, 2004.

1. According to this site I found, they claim that President Bush never finished his Reserve obligation, just as Michael Moore claims.

There should be an ‘Honorable’ or ‘Dishonorable’ Discharge document, proving this one way or the other. I’m sure anyone can check out if this is true by requesting a "Freedom of Information" copy of that document.

If it’s true, then the US Army should go after deserters, no matter how long they have been on the run And I think that if it is true, they can track him down to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. and arrest him. After all, they go after common shmucks, seems fair to me if they go after the elites too.

Here’s the site:
    http://www.nhgazette.com/cgi-bin/NH... NEWS; Chickenhawks; Chickenhawk Headquarters

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Christ, I had to listen to Hannity rant about this yesterday. He was so outraged that they would try to besmirch this honorable man's military record. And especially considering Kerry's record (meaning his protest of the war).
    Hannity is such a dipshit. A caller last week asked him where the terms of left and right came from. He just blew the question off, mumbled something about that is just what they are called. He didn't know!
    I knew, and I fix copy machines for a living.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_spectrum

I guess you don't have to be too bright to be a professional propagandist.

8. Stokes Pennwalt Nuke them from orbit. Registered Senior Member

haha, any jerkoff can see their reference by watching the SotU address, or any assembly of Congress. Hannity is a raving asshat and the conservatives would be better off without him.

As for the thread topic, I hear this week's conference on the subject is being held in stall eleven, which can be identified by the bruised horse corpse therein.

9. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Ruben Navarette, Jr., a columnist for the Dallas Morning News was on a talk show out of New York recently, discussing the recent primaries . He appears regularly on the show to offer commentary about voters and what they may be seeking in the next election. When the show’s host brought up the "accusations" made, most recently, by Michael Moore (with his "deserter" reference) and DNC chair Terry McCauliffe that our Commander-in-Chief was AWOL while doing time in the Air National Guard back in the Vietnam War, Navarette said, speaking for people of his generation (20s-30s) who weren't around for the Vietnam War, that the issue was a non-starter.

Navarette, who seems to hold moderate-to-right-wing views, said that these voters don't feel that what someone did during the Vietnam era, during a time of great confusion, thirty years ago, has any relevance to their votes in the upcoming election. We don't care, he seems to say, if Bush shirked his duty: "I don't give Bush any strikes for not showing up for duty in Alabama, just like I don't give Kerry any points" for going to war.

:m: Peace

10. Don Hakman Registered Senior Member

The right wing shouting heads say that it is shameful to bring this up.
    I would say; It is shameful, but the only thing we disagree upon is the word "it".

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Hastein Welcome To Kampuchea Registered Senior Member

Conservative and Liberal parties defend their leader to the death, even when they know s/he is wrong. It is incredible how dishonest politicians are. I am a conservative, but I don't agree with Bush and I grow weary of people assuming I should.

12. Hastein Welcome To Kampuchea Registered Senior Member

The parties are bound by absolutism, they cannot admit a fault of their own party or agree to a standard of the other party, making them at high risk for internal destruction. It is like admitting your boat is too good to fix the hole in the bottom.

13. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

14. At least Kerry got some sense after he came back, what was Baby Bush doing? Isn't Hannity a chickenhawk too? Would you trust either to lead you into war?

15. otheadp Banned Banned

W. got honourably discharged.

all the conspiracy theories in the world would not change that.

16. Voodoo Child Registered Senior Member

Honorably discharged from the champagne unit he used to dodge the war and that he didn't show up to. Given his connections he probably would have had to rape Julie Nixon to get a dishonorable discharge. Dishonorable discharge? There's a Clinton joke in there somewhere.

17. problem one; show it, show the world those little pieces of paper.
    he can't, because he never finished. Never showed up in Alabama or back in Texas, then he got an early out as Baby Bush to go to Harvard. As a veteran, Bush can send for it & any other collaborating evidence, via this site: http://usgovinfo.about.com/bldd214.htm

problem two; Baby Bush says that the records are in Colorado, hey! He's the Prez, he can ask for them anytime he wants, Missouri saves them: http://www.sos.mo.gov/library/reference/orders/1986/eo1986_008.asp

or he can have his people take care of it for him, making it a cover-up:http://www.onlinejournal.com/bush/110400Starr-Conover/110400starr-conover.html

problem three; the defense of national guard service during the VietNam war.
    most people joined it then to avoid 'real' duty, in war-torn VietNam, typical elite behavior

Here's the money, show us the papers:
    http://www.democrats.com/display.cfm?id=158

18. otheadp Banned Banned

"he can do this, he can do that"

surely he can.
    but it's not the job of the president to appease any sort of nonsense requests that aren't even relevant to his presidency, upon request

19. Eluminate Registered Senior Member

records that he finished serving and was honorably discharged are public
    were discussed in last elections and scrutinized ...

websites are not proof... references to real and existing documents is if you ask them to provide it and they do not the information is fabricated and false.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2004
  20. where are they? Baby Bush couldn't show them, why?

21. otheadp Banned Banned

and in addition, his military service is not even relevant
    people are like papparazzi.. wanna find some microscopic bad thing, or even make it up, and then amplify it times a thousand... and concentrate only on that.

how is his military service relevant?

where are they? Baby Bush couldn't show them, why?
    if they are indeed public, it's not his job to fetch you documents upon request.

22. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Sincere Bush apologists should carefully watch the White House Press Secretary's briefing of today, 2-10-04 on C-Span, (sorry, can't link directly, but it's 1 or 2 easy clicks to navigate to). Consider what is very evident there. This requires a few minutes of your time, but can significantly enhance awareness on this subject. I dare you to confront the demeanor of this administration when cornered. I would like for it to be explained to me how there is any possibility that this exchange represents a good-faith effort at transparency on very simple questions.

In my opinion, the extreme evasiveness does not involve whether Bush satisfactorily served in the National Guard, at least to the extent required of a young man possessing such connnections as did the young officer in question. What is being desperately obscured are the reasons why an officer in whom a great deal was invested in flight training was removed from flight status. One plausible theory is that George W. Bush had a substance abuse problem at a time when the Guard was initiating drug screening.

What is conspicuously lacking is any personal corroboration by any individual who personally served with Lt. GW Bush in the Alabama Air Guard, whether as fellow pilots or in any military capacity. My service began nearly 20 years ago, and I could certainly produce compatriots to corroborate the chronology and quality of my service for decades hence.

I did not find this story particularly interesting until watching Scott McClellan's very contentious exchange with the White House Press Corps today. This conference strongly suggests a Secretary in the unenviable position of hiding something with scandalous potential. What may disastrously unravel for this White House is not so much a priveleged service history, but the present act of deception. As with our last President, the offense is far overshadowed by deception and obstructionism, which fatally destroys credibility. I think we are witnessing the beginning of an accelerating unraveling of this administration, which has created enemies not only in the world and within the country, but within many government agencies and even within the GOP.

If you disagree with me and feel unwavering confidence in this Presidency, I challenge you to watch the press conference and then make an honest gut check about the integrity of this administration.