Bush Spies on American Citizens

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cottontop3000, Dec 17, 2005.

1. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

Heh. All good with me Cotton. Grateful for every new day. Down under for now. Keep your chin up matey.

Re the topic?
    "I like to watch" (Chance the Gardener-Being There)

Get my drift?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

"Available in my garden or outside of it." No, I had to look that up.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Is it a good read or movie?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mabufo Registered Senior Member

I think it's safe to assume that the Bush administration isn't the only administration to have 'spied' on the citizens of the states.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

True, but is it safe to assume that the new powers that the Bush Administration has conferred on the Presidency have no bearing on our system of checks and balances- a framework incorporated from our founding expressly to prevent a creeping, anti-democratic concentration of power?

8. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

Great movie Cotton. Bottom line, Chance is not very bright, but becomes famous through mishap and misadventure. Re spying, he "likes to watch". Get the movie out, its beaut.

9. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2007
  10. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2007
  11. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hi Vincent,

hows it going man?

i havent heard fromn you in ages.

i hope things are still ticking over for you ok in thailand and that you ahvent got yourself in to much trouble.

What you been doing anyway??

~~~~~~~
    take it ez
    zak

12. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Ive been working as a peace negotiator between hamas and fatah in palestine the last couple of months, it did not really pan out, its pretty bad there muslim brother against eachother, & muslim sister against each other alot of a eye for a eye, typical tribal muslims all trying to be the supreme leader, just like afghan or pakistan, the fact is democracy is dangerous in the middle east, dictatorship works but when your trying to have a democracy there, they are all running around with bombs & guns saying they are the president.

13. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I had an Aupair (basically a nanny from a foreign country) in 2001 and I told her to assume that all calls she made home would be monitored by the government. This was before any such report was made, it was just common sence. Why the hell wouldn't you monitor calls to foriegn countries when the country is under attack by foriegn agents?

If I were in charge, I'd monitor every call to a foreign country and monitor every Mosque in the country as well.

14. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

I dont know what the score is in the states but in the uk they have been monitoring domestic & international calls for decades, only key words trigger it like bombs, drugs, or now i would imagine any muslim names, nobody is able to monitor every call, alot of thathad to do with the IRA in the uk, also the threat of nuclear terroism.

Hell even the Royal family have had there calls monitored, both mobile & landlines, who gives a toss about it, its only people like cotton who is not working & probably spends his days on the phone up to illegal scams, hence his paronia at being monitored.

15. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

By a vote of 13-3, the Judiciary Committee of the U.S. Senate has agreed to subpoena the White House, the Justice Department and other departments for information related to the president's illegal use of the NSA to spy on American citizens. You go Leahey. 'Bout damn time someone in the Congress started trying to win back the confidence of the U.S. public. Take this president and everyone related to this criminal behavior DOWN.

16. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

I watched Bill Moyers' Journal on PBS this past Friday. One of the guests was Bruce Fein, the man who wrote the first article of impeachment against Bill Clinton for Clinton's perjury and obstruction of justice during the Monica Lewinsky "scandal."

Mr. Fein, who worked under Reagan as an associate deputy attorney general and who has been a member of many conservative think-tanks like the Heritage Foundation and the American Enterprise Institute, and who is well respected by just about everybody, said that if Bush is not impeached over things like the NSA spy program, torture, secret prisons around the world and his suspension of Habeas Corpus for military detainees, or made to change his positions on these issues with the threat of impeachment, then we as Americans are going to let a very dangerous precedent be set. In other words, the executive branch taking powers upon itself that go against the very Constitution of this great nation.

NANCY PELOSI: Put impeachment back on the table!! This is exactly why the framers of our Constitution included impeachment in the Constitution. They put it there so that America wouldn't slip back into a Monarchy.

Nancy Pelosi: Are you taking impeachment off the table because you want our next president, a democrat most likely, to have and be able to abuse the same power that Bush is abusing now??

According to a recent survey done by the American Research Group, 45% of Americans support impeachment of Bush and 54% of Americans support impeachment of Cheney. Let's get 'er done!!

Here is a link to Bill Moyers' Journal: http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/07132007/profile.html

Here is a link to Habeas Corpus in Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habeas_corpus

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  17. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

18. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Those are good.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I'll pass them around, if I don't forget.