Bush or Kerry( lets vote) on SCI SFI NOW

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joemamaa, Jul 13, 2004.

?

Cast your vote for the next President of the United States!

1. John F. Kerry

70 vote(s)
    55.1%
  2. George W. Bush

31 vote(s)
    24.4%
  3. (Too lazy to get up and vote. I'll sleep in on Election day.)

6 vote(s)
    4.7%
  4. (I'm not American, moron. Stop assuming things.)

20 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

fine I'll do it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ItsMyTimeNow Registered Member

Hey Kunax...as for the link you provided on page 1 with the aid numbers... It takes 2nd place Japan and 3rd place France together to basically meet what the US gives away in aid. I think the "as percentage of GNP" is pretty much irrelevant. We give away more money than even 2nd place by 7 billion dollars and we still give much more than that to our people at home.

I can't wait to read more....

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

Economists and the United Nations don't. I think there's a biblical parable along those lines too... the rich guy that gives the 100 golden coins, keeping thousands and the poor man that gives his only 1.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

ItsMyTimeNow:
    Well how can i argue with that, I bow down to the might of the US.

But since i like to have a commen thing to compare around and since you dont like GNP, lets try population.

POP
    US : 293 million
    Norway : 4,5 million
    Luxembourg : 0,46 million

AID(2003) in U.S. Dollars (Millions)
    US : 2,043
    Norway : 15,791
    Luxembourg : 189

see my point ? oh wait a minute did you think it was a contest ? did you read the small note on the bottom of the table?

good for you, hopefully it will make you(the us) stronger, maybe enabling you to better help those in need.

8. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

We give away more money than even 2nd place by 7 billion dollars

What makes you think you give it away?

Benjamin F. Nelson, International Affairs Budget: Framework for Assessing Relevance, Priority and Efficiency, (Washington, DC: General Accounting Office, October 30, 1997)​

Much much more here.
    Dee Cee

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  9. eincloud Banned Banned

who the fuck do you think, KERRY, he is not good but he sure as hell is better than Bush

10. rGEMINI Fallen Entity Registered Senior Member

thou i think kerry sucks... he's still way way better then bush ^^^

11. eincloud Banned Banned

dude thats what I said but he is still not perfect. But I think there are many great things about him his antiwar policys that he use to be a hippie and the he knocks bush out of the fucking water. I hate bush soooooo much don't worry I have not gone to the dark side. Kerry is going to get my vote for sure in this thread and I suggest anyone who can vote or fake their age to vote for kerry
    FUCK BUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. eincloud Banned Banned

I think we agree rGEMINI valis points you have yes

13. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

OOT: rGEMINI, how old your friends are? :bugeye:
    OTT: I don't think Kerry is anti war, he won't withdraw US forces from Iraq anyways.
    But at least I don't think he's a warmongerer.

14. rGEMINI Fallen Entity Registered Senior Member

... im going to vote for nader...

15. buffys Registered Loser Registered Senior Member

just out of curiosity, what exactly makes kerry any worse than any other contender (historically)? I keep hearing "kerry sucks but he's better than bush" but it's starting to sound like a mindless mantra to me, one of those things people say just because because others keep saying it.

As someone from another country I admit my knowledge of kerry is thin but I have yet to run across anything that actually shows he has any deep character flaws or leadership problems. So whats the deal here?

As I said, I'm just curious. Any details would be appreciated.

16. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

The whole flippy-floppy thing, the rebublicans are really good at pushing there propaganda just about everyone believes Kerry is a “flip-floper” including democrats, even so that’s a far better choice the an idiotic born-again christen that has stifled the economy, wasted hundreds of billions $ and thousands of lives on a useless war, and biggest agenda is to stop gay marriage.

17. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

Well, Kerry does flip-flop... sometimes he things it's a good idea to cut taxes, sometimes he doesn't... like in the middle of a war. Sometimes he even think it's O.K. to cut 'weapons systems' spending, like when the other superpower in the world collapses ...

18. Undecided Banned Banned

Since when does irrational persistence a good thing? Hitler tried it in Stalingrad that surely didn't work. What makes us think it will work now? A decisive leader is an uneducated one, where's the debate?

19. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Agree, I think changing your mind is a good quality not bad, I did not like though how Kerry step back and said that at the time he was wrong for him to say he committed war atrocities in Vietnam, he should have stood by that.

20. buffys Registered Loser Registered Senior Member

is that seriously it, "flip-flopping"?

in otherwords, your candidate is being buried (more importantly buried by his own party) by nothing but vague innuendo? ... even with the solid disaster that is bush? For fuck sakes, in an international court he'd get the electric chair. It's like comparing a child stealing gum to chronic bank robber.

If the dems lose this one you guys deserve what you get.

21. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Remember how Gore was fuck by “I invented the internet” something he never actually said but the republicans brainwashed million into believing Gore was a total jack ass from that one imagined statement? “Wish-washy” will kill Kerry, that all they need they can rally behind catch phrases concepts and just ram it down millions of minds.

Of course to be fair there was that whole thing about Bush being an idiot from the democrats, but for some reason the democrats are really bad at propaganda. Even so after the last 4 years, Bush has proven them right on at least incompetence if at all idiocy.

22. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

The one thing that bothers me the most about election are the people that decide whom to vote for based on television ads. The kind of people that come up to you and start a debate with "Kerry voted against bullet-proof vests for our troops."

oooh, ignorance of that degree just drives me nuts.

23. buffys Registered Loser Registered Senior Member

WellCookedFetus,

It's funny, gore was running through my mind as I wrote my last post. I learned something I find terrifying from that election, dems buy propaganda like it's ice-cream and the basis of it doesn't matter. I'd always considered the rep's as backward fools, it's ironic that "the smart guys" are the ones that ended up losing to a tissue of nonsense.

I'd always suspected it was dem apathy not "loose chads" that lost you the race, if kerry goes down the same way?... like I said, you deserve it. Hell, bush has a bulls-eye on his chest, his legs are cut out from under him, he's drenched with gasoline and about to light a smoke.

Hate the reps but if you lose this one, it can only be your fault... bush is on life-support.