Bush or Kerry( lets vote) on SCI SFI NOW

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joemamaa, Jul 13, 2004.

?

Cast your vote for the next President of the United States!

1. John F. Kerry

70 vote(s)
    55.1%
  2. George W. Bush

31 vote(s)
    24.4%
  3. (Too lazy to get up and vote. I'll sleep in on Election day.)

6 vote(s)
    4.7%
  4. (I'm not American, moron. Stop assuming things.)

20 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

If we want bleeding heart liberals, let's vote kerry, then iraq can take over america.
    you need someone whos got big hairy balls, and a back bone to lead a country.

I did not know sock puppet chimps in a suit like Bush have big hairy balls and a spin thanks for that graphic descriptions (the imagery cause my eyes to bleed!). If you want to criticize or approve of politicians please do so with hard facts rather then graphic language and insults.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fahrenheit 451 fiction Registered Senior Member

Wellcooked:
    did the preacher hit a nerve, other people throw insult's also, and say what they think, is'nt that the point of a forum.
    so why has the preacher got you back up, is he right or something.
    other people use one liners, to get the point across .
    and you take issue at this. get over it!

incidently are'nt you doing,. the same thing in your reply.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

would the dems have gone to war? probably not

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Probability is very high that a Gore Administration would have gone to war in Afghanistan- and with much greater freedom of operation and staying power, foregoing the Iraq quagmire.

8. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I can't us him as a example?, but ya he a conservative and I will use the ma examples a lot.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. uzi Banned Banned

but then again we are the "intelligant comunity" (i think i might of spelt that wrong). anyways tyhe rest of America isnt and they will vote for any doophos

10. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Last edited: Jul 17, 2004
  11. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I loved the powerful V8 metaphor as a reason for voting democrat. The problem is, democrats hate big, powerful cars. They waste gas and contribute to "global warming". Al Gore called the internal combustion engine the greatest threat to civilization.

By the way, I voted, and will vote in the actual election, BUSH.

12. Facial Valued Senior Member

Kerry.

13. buffys Registered Loser Registered Senior Member

wow, lots of fellow canadians here.

I can't help but notice a similarity with our (canada) and your (US) political problems. I don't mean the right/left interaction because canada leans more to a european view of the world in that sense, at least the majority does. The similarity that stands out to me is the fact that our election (recently ended) was basically a choice between two bad options.

The front runners were a conservative hawk and a liberal thats less of a hawk, like the US election. Our conservative had the charm (like the US that's only true when compared to the liberal so that doesn't say much) and our liberal was basically made of cardboard but he had the fact that world domination wasn't a goal for him as a plus.

My point? none really, beyond the fact that we had crap for choices in our election, just like you guys. Maybe that says more about us than our leaders.

14. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Damn... Canada sucks too?

Now where am I going to move when Bush gets elected?

15. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

New Zealand, in "the Shire"

16. mis-t-highs I'm filling up Registered Senior Member

persol shall we swap, I'll be happy to live with bush as president.

17. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Since the President of the USA creates policy that affects not only the USA but the rest of the world then the rest of the world should have some type of voting power in US presidential elections.

18. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

They do, and here are some examples: Each time world voters trade in US Dollars, as opposed to in Euros, Yuan, and other currencies, it is a vote. Islamists will command a key voting block when they manage to shut down Arabian oil to US markets, and sell instead to China. In the near future, the worldwide goodwill vote regarding the USA will be extremely decisive, and every American will feel the result.

19. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

http://www.softvote.com/

does the exact same thing on a much bigger scale. please edit this into the original post.

20. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Gro$$,

Yu will have to ask the author for permission, well I will have to ask but you owe me now.

21. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

thanks, WellCookedFetus

it somehow it didn't occur to me to send a PM to the author, but i will now (also?).

22. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

nm, i can't, he won't accept e-mail

23. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Maybe we need a political activism thread. to swap tips and hints, sources of info, meeting places, websites etc. One of my friends is good at talking to people, and so many of them start out saying "oh no, i'm not political" and a wee while later theyre ranting about politics and stuff they want to change, the lack of choices in the elections etc etc. So, the problem for everyone (especially you CAnadians) becomes how do you get involved in the electoral process such that there are people up for election that are worth voting for?