Bush appoints personal aide TO SUPREME COURT.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Silas, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

I wonder if she has an illegal housekeeper or something..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

- N

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

What difference will it matter to any of us? How many of us are going to be able to prevent her or anyone that's appointed and approved from doing whatever they want once they get into the Supreme Court? They could lie to us now just to get appointed if they wanted.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

They could also simply change their basic outlook on life as they grow older and see more and more things from a strictly legal sense.

But ye're right. As it stands now, there is no impeachment proceedings in the law to oust a Supreme Court justice.

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. radicand Registered Senior Member

As though democrats don't try to bring down "republican" judges over a single issue!

8. radicand Registered Senior Member

Although I am not exactly sure of what you mean by this, if you mean what I think you mean. This statement is incorrect. The Constitution states in article 2 section 4 that all civil officers can be impeached and removed for treason, bribery, and other high crimes and misdemeanors.

9. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Well the Republicans won, and they're the ones making the most noise about this nomination - seems like no one is happy with it! It's not so much that it was a bad choice, really, though it was that, I think most people are upset because it's just such a weird choice.

I mean sure we've had justices that weren't judges prior to sitting on the Supreme Court - but uuh you know, most of them had like qualifications, say like being extreemly respected constitutional schollars associated with major law schools.

What are this woman's qualifications exactly? In classic character the Bush Administration just isn't saying a damn thing to anyone - though the fact that in his nomination speach Bush played up the fact that he made her the head of the Texas State Lotto quite a bit - is this her greatest destinction? Everything I hear about her makes me sort of think that she's well qualified to continue being the Bush family lawyer, and not be admited to the Supreme Court.

10. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Especially considering the fact that some of the senior administration officials such as Karl Rove and the Vice President's Chief of Staff are caught up in this whole Valerie Plaine (sp?) case - having outed her as an undercover CIA agent. What happens if this case goes to the Supreme Court - say to figure out whether or not any of the administration are guilty of Treason - what if the President himself gets caught up in things? How is having his "work wife" sitting on the bench going to effect things? I would hope that she'd have the fairness of mind to recuse herself from any such possible case.