Burkas

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Orleander, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Willy Banned Banned

If you think somehow what happened is justifed because in this one attack a women began the stoning, then you must be living under a blanket yourself.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John99 Banned Banned

I think Burkas are the very thing people look at when they say religion is wrong. I personally have seen the good side of religion, be it Muslim, Christian etc.

In this case we can say 'no religion, no burka', to say it is cultural is true but religion IS the culture.

The thing to remember is that when something is happening all around you it is surprising what can be viewed as normal. The women in France DEMANDING to wear a burka are mostly converts looking to bust balls.

These people are doing nothing for your religion, just as radical Christians do nothing for it.

When i am referring to burkas i am talking about those that cover the eyes, wearing a veil over the face with eyes showing is much different. Maybe i am missing something.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

There are many innovations of the Hijab; no single one can describe it.

As for this:
    its not a problem for them or the other Muslims where they use it culturally.

Where they don't have options, they have far bigger problems to worry about than the hijab.

Suffice to say, making an issue of it is not helping them; quite the reverse.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Willy Banned Banned

I don't know where you all is from but here in America, we call this a blanket:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Does he look happy or sad in the picture?

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Do they cover their faces too? To avoid being attacked by hordes of angry or lusting or outraged women?

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

nowadays several of them do, perhaps to avoid being molested by the troops; post-Abu Ghraib everyone knows that the Americans like to keep the Arabs undressed?

10. Bells Staff Member

Justified? Never. No one should ever be forced to dress a certain way to fulfil the interpretation of another. The hijab should be individual.

My point, which you keep missing over and over again, is that if it were men who were forcing women to wear the hijab as a form of domination and control over their person, it would not have been a woman who cast that first stone.

11. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Are ham-burkas halal?

12. Willy Banned Banned

"By the time she had passed the turnip and tomato stalls of Yang-e-Qale town, a crowd of jeering men had formed. It was a woman who delivered the first blow, then the men joined in"

Why do you think it was a women who delivered the first blow?

13. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Why do you think? It's been getting you nowhere.

14. Willy Banned Banned

She was also afraid of getting her ass beat by the mob of sand******s.

15. Willy Banned Banned

She was also afraid of getting her ass beat by the mob of sandpeoples.

James R, why did you give a infraction for this?

What is wrong with calling someone sandpeoples?

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Why did you originally star it out, as "sand******s", Willy? Think.

17. Willy Banned Banned

Some people don't like the word sandpeoples, but I don't think I should be banned for it.

18. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

You currently have 12 unexpired infraction points. You can expect a temporary ban of 3 days if you reach 20 points. Points expire automatically after 10 days.

19. Willy Banned Banned

When you do ban me for my opinion, that will be proof that your always right.

20. mountainhare Banned Banned

Bells:
    Ok. So Muslim men, and to a lesser extent, women, in Middle-Eastern countries coerce women to wear the hijab. To argue that such coercion doesn't exist is delusional.

21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Willy:

If you are banned, it will be because you couldn't obey the site rules.

22. Bells Staff Member

I did not argue that it does not exist. I argued that it should not.

Does it exist in the wider ME countries however? Muslim men and women admit that Governments which enforce the hijab are going against the teachings of the Quran. I would imagine that the fervent supporters of such regimes, both male and female, do take things to heart enough that a woman would cast that first stone. Remember when I said earlier in the thread about individual interpretation? The Quran does not specify that a hijab had to be worn. It does, however, specify modesty and it is left to the individual to define what they consider to be modest.

23. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

With enough brainwashing, it certainly could have been. George Orwell called it.